Luke Brooks #167

Or he might have a big season with new surroundings.
I’m not really sure but it’s going to be interesting to watch, from a different perspective.
Same applies to Wighton !
Thinking he will fit right in and at Manly.

Especially with DCE.

His best performances were with Marshall so DCE will suit him.

I’m not really sure but it’s going to be interesting to watch, from a different perspective.
I’m not sure either, but do think the odds are that Brooks fits in well and helps Manly to finals, which to some extent coupled with the sackings of our board CEO and others exonerates Brooks from not being able to single handedly drag the entire club out of the mediocrity doldrums.

Has the perception of Brooksy changed ?
It’s odd that he is a walk up starter in the halves at Manly, but can’t make a go of it at the mighty Tigers who have been consistently poor since the merger, in creating a cultural identity throughout the NRL. Apart from a handful, the 3 types of people which make up the NRL are those who have been approached, hired, and sacked by Tigers. Some hired and sacked in the same year.
Im hoping Richo and Benji don’t give up on us, not that I think they’re quitters, quite the opposite, but lurking in the shadows are controlling masters who rate power over success.
Who cares anymore mate? he's not a WT's player.

It’s odd that he is a walk up starter in the halves at Manly, but can’t make a go of it at the mighty Tigers who have been consistently poor since the merger, in creating a cultural identity throughout the NRL. Apart from a handful, the 3 types of people which make up the NRL are those who have been approached, hired, and sacked by Tigers. Some hired and sacked in the same year.
Im hoping Richo and Benji don’t give up on us, not that I think they’re quitters, quite the opposite, but lurking in the shadows are controlling masters who rate power over success.
Playing outside of DCE will make Brooks a better player straight from the get go him playing the running 5/8 is his calling and he will help DCE as well

Barring injuries DCE and Brooks should carve it up together and if the manly physo can finally understand that is Tommys running style with his feet that is causing all his lower back leg problems manly will make the top eight

Tommy has the same problems as a 1960 Olympic runner it's the way his foot hits the ground and it's so simple to fix anyway that's another story

Come on bro . You already know the answer to this ! He’s not the man manly . He’s really 3rd/ 4th in thier hierarchy . And it’s all pie in the sky right now ! If he plays like he did with us the last few years , there will be no where to hide . He’s already starting from a low support base , because of the perception around the league .
It’s way too early to even suggest anything . I’m a fan of his , but it’s completely a wait and see .
If he’s even mediocre/ average , it will be reacted to as if he is the worse half ever . The only saving grace is he’s so used to it , it should be water off a ducks back . But that’s manly problem anyway .

I’m not sure either, but do think the odds are that Brooks fits in well and helps Manly to finals, which to some extent coupled with the sackings of our board CEO and others exonerates Brooks from not being able to single handedly drag the entire club out of the mediocrity doldrums.
It was his responsibility.

He failed.

I’ve bagged his in-game decision making myself many times but I’ll never apportion significant blame to the bloke for our lengthy period of misery as fans. The true creators of that are now gone and we’ve seen in 2 months what a good operator in the front office can achieve.

Until we are actually predicted to make a climb up the ladder (id suggest 2025 if we can further improve in the backline) I’d suggest we go easy on all our playmakers, 2024 will be a learning year.
I rate some of our outside backs whereas quite a few here think they're all write-offs. If T'oa, Toupou, Naden, even Staines and Bula have breakout seasons I'm going to point the finger directly at Brooks. If they don't, I'll eat my words. I've never been a Brooks basher, I think he's a good footballer who was played out of position, but I think a few of the boys got a bad rap through his shortcomings as a halfback.

https://silvertails.net/ since you seem to care so much
Thanks mate, Ive not seen that site before. They really look good in that "Manly Way" video, consolidating the strong values and what it means to be a club member. I like it, I like it a lot. As you say Brooks is gone now, but its not easy watching our local juniors briming with talent and wearing another clubs colours.
Do we have such a program of introduction to the new season. or do we just run up and down the field?

Thanks mate, Ive not seen that site before. They really look good in that "Manly Way" video, consolidating the strong values and what it means to be a club member. I like it, I like it a lot. As you say Brooks is gone now, but its not easy watching our local juniors briming with talent and wearing another clubs colours.
Do we have such a program of introduction to the new season. or do we just run up and down the field?
I wouldn’t exactly put brimming with talent & Luke Brooks in the same sentence.

he will need a fit turbo and olakuatu, Schuster and DCE. They don't really have a good 9 so that might make things a bit tougher.
If they all stay injury free he probably plays semi finals in 2024

he will need a fit turbo and olakuatu, Schuster and DCE. They don't really have a good 9 so that might make things a bit tougher.
If they all stay injury free he probably plays semi finals in 2024
Would be kinda funny if we made them this year and they finished near the bottom.

I think he'll go OK playing next to DCE.

He doesn't have to think much. Just take direction. I reckon half the issue was he had so much noise in his head, he just froze half the time.

If he can't string decent games together at Manly, then he's managed to fool everyone for 10 years on great money...that surely deserves a hall of fame award.

What's his talent?
Is he a magician, perhaps an ace juggler?

I’ve bagged his in-game decision making myself many times but I’ll never apportion significant blame to the bloke for our lengthy period of misery as fans. The true creators of that are now gone and we’ve seen in 2 months what a good operator in the front office can achieve.

Until we are actually predicted to make a climb up the ladder (id suggest 2025 if we can further improve in the backline) I’d suggest we go easy on all our playmakers, 2024 will be a learning year.
Best post of the day.

I rate some of our outside backs whereas quite a few here think they're all write-offs. If T'oa, Toupou, Naden, even Staines and Bula have breakout seasons I'm going to point the finger directly at Brooks. If they don't, I'll eat my words. I've never been a Brooks basher, I think he's a good footballer who was played out of position, but I think a few of the boys got a bad rap through his shortcomings as a halfback.
The best outside backs in the game go and grab the big moments. They don’t stand out wide waiting for the game. Who’s gonna do that for us?!

Back