Luke Brooks #167

The Brooks talk doesn't stop. It'll be interesting how he goes next season. The same as all our spine options excluding Api.

I see Brooks in the same position as Laurie, Doueihi, Staines and whoever else comes into contention for spine positions. They all have to prove themselves on the park next season and none of them have proven to be high quality NRL players.

The Brooks talk doesn't stop. It'll be interesting how he goes next season. The same as all our spine options excluding Api.

I see Brooks in the same position as Laurie, Doueihi, Staines and whoever else comes into contention for spine positions. They all have to prove themselves on the park next season and none of them have proven to be high quality NRL players.
If they fail Brooks, Doueihi and Laurie all need to be moved on. Staines may get an extension since we need speed in the backline and he is most likely the fastest player in our team. But the strong teams move on the bad players, if Tigers want to become one they have to start doing the same.

I think Luke is a 7, he’s more in the style of Williams when he was at Raiders.
He may not be the kind of 7 many of us visualise but that’s his best spot imho.
Sure, he went ok at 6, especially when Hastings played 13, but that was due to him playing in an ordinary team.
Brooksy went ok under Cleary because we had some mongrel in our pack, did their tackles and all ran more than 100mts every game. This gave Brooks time n space to be more proactive rather than reacting to undesirable situations.
IDK if this current pack can be as good as Cleary’s kiwi mates but they look as good on paper.
I get your point, and I’ve watched brooks since he was in the 20’s comp. Where he was a much better kicker than now, it’s just he’s not a bright lad and I believe he feels the pressure. His 5th tackle kicking options have been atrocious, some I blame on the coaching and some on lack of forwards. But mostly his smarts which he lacks, I believe he could get better with more confidence but I think he’s more your running 5/8. Sheens knows the game and he ain’t chasing Moses the turd for nothing. I respect brooks for his loyalty but this has to be his year….

His 5th tackle kicking options have been atrocious

I disagree with this. He was our best kicker last season. He puts in a great bomb for Ken M and he can do it on the other side as well. The difference is that Ken M is great under the high ball.

He was our best long kicker for sure last season and they had to go to him regularly. Hastings had a better shorter kicking game but not by a lot. Doueihi has the best bomb but his option taking is worse than Brooks and his kicking game is a lot more erratic.

I think his option taking especially under pressure isn't very good. I think he can still be targeted defensively and his running game has gone backwards.

I also think he is a better running 6 or running 7 but he looked much better a little wider of the ruck and just attacking on our left side.

I can accept 10 years of Brooks producing absolute garbage and being a huge part of not making the finals for a decade, but ya know what, lets give the club legend some time guys, he just needs some time. I also love how the tigers havent made the finals for a decade and Brooks is definitely not the problem - Signed the Brooks Apologists

I can accept 10 years of Brooks producing absolute garbage and being a huge part of not making the finals for a decade, but ya know what, lets give the club legend some time guys, he just needs some time. I also love how the tigers havent made the finals for a decade and Brooks is definitely not the problem - Signed the Brooks Apologists
Bang on the money. He just needs more time. Maybe sign a few immortals to play alongside him and he'll fulfil his potential.

Brooks and club legend do not go together at all 😂😂

Bang on the money. He just needs more time. Maybe sign a few immortals to play alongside him and he'll fulfil his potential.
Just getting my list ready now so i can come up with why he 100% will produce another garbage year in 2023. Doueihi was too dominant and didn't give Brooks a chance, Benji was too involved with coaching Brooks, Sheens was either too involved or not involved enough, Brooks has only played for a decade or so, so ya know, still green behind the ears and needs time, Brooks is missing his BFF Moses. I could go on for hours now i think about why he is the most unfairly treated NRL legend of all time.

If they fail Brooks, Doueihi and Laurie all need to be moved on. Staines may get an extension since we need speed in the backline and he is most likely the fastest player in our team. But the strong teams move on the bad players, if Tigers want to become one they have to start doing the same.
unless Moses signs on with the condition he wants / is expecting to have Brooks I the halves...

If he does not then yes I agree non performance Brooks, Doueihi Laurie and Staines all should go

yes we got rid of the immortal Hastings 6 clubs in 7 years... why tigers why

Yes he is in the team in 2023...
Or you don't like it there are 16 other teams you can go and support...

yes we got rid of the immortal Hastings 6 clubs in 7 years... why tigers why
I know right, definitely dont need Hastings, added nothing compared to how Brooks continually grabs the game by the scruff of the neck and lets the other team win.

Yes he is in the team in 2023...
Or you don't like it there are 16 other teams you can go and support...
Its like catnip, Its ironic the fans of failure get upset at 'not a real fan' when wanting that team to be a winning team. Never ceases to amaze why the people cheerleading failure are the ones who tell others to support other clubs.

President of the Mediocre Luke Brooks Failure Club - Jedi_Tiger

Now accepting applications.

Plenty of positions to fill.

Hastings will be battling it out with Gamble for the 7 at the Knights

Its like catnip, Its ironic the fans of failure get upset at 'not a real fan' when wanting that team to be a winning team. Never ceases to amaze why the people cheerleading failure are the ones who tell others to support other clubs.

President of the Mediocre Luke Brooks Failure Club - Jedi_Tiger

Now accepting applications.

Plenty of positions to fill.
death riding of the team is back with you I see. Hoping Brooks fails rather than see the team succeed

KEY MATCH-UP | COOPER CRONK V LUKE BROOKS​

preview-r13leadv2.png

The battle of playmakers in Round 13 is one of the most intriguing match-ups of the season, and that's during the State Of Origin break.

Cooper Cronk and Luke Brooks are both well and truly in-form in 2018, but their specialties come in different areas of play.

Cronk gets through more work on the defensive end of the field, while Brooks finds a lot of his game comes through running.

Brooks got the best of Cronk in Round 1, and that will surely be playing on the veterans mind going into a big match.

PLAYED | Cronk: 10 | Brooks: 10
TRY ASSISTS | Cronk: 9 | Brooks: 7
TACKLES | Cronk: 171 | Brooks: 134

Sydney Roosters v Wests Tigers, Sunday 4pm at Allianz Stadium​

Back