Luke Brooks #167

Yer sorry, don’t think so!
Personal insults about him being a gnome is kind of hate mail. Going on and in about it, just reinforces this personal attack.
This sort of crap about slamming our own players and legends, is what we hate about other forums!
Is brooks performing well? No. Is it a place to say that he is not performing with out the personal insults? Yes.
We all have the right to be critical of players but to go on and on about it is over the top. It’s great we are all passionate about our club, just don’t drag it down with this pettiness.
Have I bagged brooks for his poor play? Yes, but as I said I am prepared to support him this season with a new pack/coaching team. Let’s all hope he has a great year, and hope he doesn’t read this forum!
100% correct Alltheway!
It’s immature and irrational to go on the way some do about a player who hasn’t had his boots on for a few months now.
It’s ok to be disappointed in Brooks’ form if you believe he is playing below his capabilities, but the name calling and insults are going way too far.
Can we at least agree to think before we press send?

Yer sorry, don’t think so!
Personal insults about him being a gnome is kind of hate mail. Going on and in about it, just reinforces this personal attack.
This sort of crap about slamming our own players and legends, is what we hate about other forums!
Is brooks performing well? No. Is it a place to say that he is not performing with out the personal insults? Yes.
We all have the right to be critical of players but to go on and on about it is over the top. It’s great we are all passionate about our club, just don’t drag it down with this pettiness.
Have I bagged brooks for his poor play? Yes, but as I said I am prepared to support him this season with a new pack/coaching team. Let’s all hope he has a great year, and hope he doesn’t read this forum!
Imagine the vapors this guy gets when he walks into a pub and hears the real world taking about the Tigers half back. Lets set aside the pearl clutching melodrama, agree Brooks has been absolute garbage for a decade and if you support that, that's on you. I would have preferred it if he had the ability, talent and drive to be a winner, but each to their own.

Lets agree to give him this season to perform with a very good pack, at least that trope can be dealt with once and for all. If we finish the season out of the 8 and Brooks as expected plays like his usual busted self and you no longer have any excuses left, though doubtful as the apologist always move the goal posts and will fabricate some other excuse, however, maybe then you can agree his time is up. The guy has to win back the supporters and deserves no respects at all until he starts putting a lot more into the team wining and earning respect.

10 years of trash performances is why I and many many others feel that way. And the fact that you don't, speaks volumes.

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.”

I hope we don’t lose Brooksy. I trust the coaches know what they’re doing, but not the decision makers above them.
I just believe we should strive to improve each year and we can’t do that if we turf our best player each year.
Brooks holds the record for being our best player more seasons than any other player in the history of our club.
Ok sure, the players around him needed to be better, but still he showed his class.
I’m not a Brooks fan, I’m a WT fan saying we need him, unless of course we can find someone better, but that goes for every position on the park.
The last game I went to, I heard people calling out insults to Brooksy and no, they weren’t opposing fans , they were WT supporters.
If I didn’t have my wife and daughter sitting beside me I definitely would have told them to pull their heads in.

If I was coach I would retire the number 7 from the field and make my 2nd in charge wear it to every game 😂😂
Just to fly under the radar

We had a better 7 though and Sheens got rid of him. We also had a young 7 who showed ability in the 7 position, and probably would have been a better option there with the new pack in Madden. But we didn't offer him a contract. Brooks only the best 7 currently at the club because everyone else got removed to once again give him the position despite past poor performances. It is frustrating

I think rating Hastings a better 7 is debatable. He had some the attributes we have been craving Luke to have, and because it's been so long since we have had a 7 with those attributes, we managed to gloss over his shortcomings.

Hastings was slow, predictable and had an ordinary kicking game. He was also a poor defender on the edge.

Yes he brought leadership, will to win and a voice, things we all wish Brooks would do, is that enough to say he is better then Brooks? IMO no.

I thought Hastings was great at 13.

I think rating Hastings a better 7 is debatable. He had some the attributes we have been craving Luke to have, and because it's been so long since we have had a 7 with those attributes, we managed to gloss over his shortcomings.

Hastings was slow, predictable and had an ordinary kicking game. He was also a poor defender on the edge.

Yes he brought leadership, will to win and a voice, things we all wish Brooks would do, is that enough to say he is better then Brooks? IMO no.

He may have had Will to win but what good did that do? 4 and 20 😂

That’s why he had to go, the way he played at 13, looked like he had refused to follow instructions. I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt and take into consideration his playing style while in SL.
Seriously folks, how many 13s handle the ball more times than the halves combined tally? Lol.

That’s why he had to go, the way he played at 13, looked like he had refused to follow instructions. I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt and take into consideration his playing style while in SL.
Seriously folks, how many 13s handle the ball more times than the halves combined tally? Lol.
When you have halves like ours…..someone has to do it.

The ones that are told to because Brooks ain’t a half.

Latest posts

Members online

Back