Luke Brooks #167

Do people honestly believe that Brooks would extend for less money if the club is offering Moses 1.4? That's not how managers work on behalf of their players.

I think Brooks will get a more simple game plan given to him , it will be fast , head up footy , and I think he will be told to just keep bringing players of his hip at pace going forward , and Bark at the props to go hard , he will,be good under Sheens
No offence but when he brings players off his hip he throws the ball forward 50% of the time. Can't remember how many forward passed he gets away with but it's a lot. The ones the ref pick up are bad enough but he actually catches the ball from the hooket on the advantage line which could be called forward as well.

Someone needs to tell him about timing. Though to be fair API will help on that count

So thought Id give youse an update here with some hard numbers.
As you can see, I told you a month ago he was asking for 1.4 mil a year, proving I wasnt lying, and now the tigers have indeed offered him 1.4mil a year over 5 years. 7 mil deal, last year might be an option so in reality its 4 if thats so.
This puts us in pole position.

He is still looking to see what Dogs and Eels come back with, and this is what Ive been told:
Dogs have offered a 4 year +option. 1.1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2 +1.2 mutual option.

Eels have offered 1.1 over 4 years with some incentives.

Im told hes trying to up the figure on the dogs deal an extra 100k on top per year and if he gets it, he signs with them, but if not, he will announce he signs with us.

Not sure if eels will budge or not.

He wants to win a premiership so is favouring dogs but their offer is lower.
Win a premiership with the dogs haha. Yeah right.

Honestly if we lose to the dogs and they have to fork out 1.2 mill a year then doubt they can go for Chrighton and Leinu. Even if we don't get him we have options. 1.4 mill is way overs though.

My thing is if he’s so keen to coach him why couldn’t he get in his ear abit last season, why allow a season to go to waste when he could have worked with him last season. And if he did then clearly it didn’t do much because brooks was definitely not at his best last season. I hope sheens can get the best out of him though I do like brooks
Imagine the backlash he would of got if he tried coaching him whilst Madge was still here. He was basically injured 2 weeks into Kimberly taking over not that he could of put his two cents I. Then either without it being thrown back at him.

Do people honestly believe that Brooks would extend for less money if the club is offering Moses 1.4? That's not how managers work on behalf of their players.
no but restructure the deal over the next 3 years perhaps to even out the cash distribution

Why are we still talking about Moses?
Surely we arent that desperate...and to make him the highest paid player in the code? Thats offensive.

No offence but when he brings players off his hip he throws the ball forward 50% of the time. Can't remember how many forward passed he gets away with but it's a lot. The ones the ref pick up are bad enough but he actually catches the ball from the hooket on the advantage line which could be called forward as well.

Someone needs to tell him about timing. Though to be fair API will help on that count
Off the hip Hospital passes.

Why are we still talking about Moses?
Surely we arent that desperate...and to make him the highest paid player in the code? Thats offensive.
What option would you take tucker ? What half would you buy? Don't you think we need a good half? Do you think we will get better without decent halves? What is not offensive as far as $$$ go!
DCE hasbeen on a million for years, AD is on about $750,000 and wants over $900,000. and is miles behind him. Munster, Cheese, Teddy, Cleary and other elite players, would all get this money.

Imagine the backlash he would have got if he tried coaching him whilst Madge was still here. He was basically injured 2 weeks into Kimberly taking over not that he could have put his two cents I. Then either without it being thrown back at him.
Yeh that’s true mate I didn’t look at it that way.

What option would you take tucker ? What half would you buy? Don't you think we need a good half? Do you think we will get better without decent halves? What is not offensive as far as $$$ go!
DCE hasbeen on a million for years, AD is on about $750,000 and wants over $900,000. and is miles behind him. Munster, Cheese, Teddy, Cleary and other elite players, would all get this money.
He's not in the class of any of those players. Over paying Moses is the same mistake as over paying Brooks.

A lot to go through here...
1. Id tell Moses to go root his boot. He is a game tanking, mental health card playing little turd who blames everyone around him for his lack of success and is the code's premiere downhill skier.
2. I wouldn't buy a half. Develop the squad first then add the cherry on top.
3. Yes, but what we have can suffice in the interim.
4. Yes I do and yes we must.
5. I've got no problem giving high salaries to players. I do not support giving a coward who stuffed us and then gloated in his success at another club that type of status.
6. DCE has played in and won Grand Finals. He has captained his state and won SOO series. He has played for his country.
7. I don't know why you brought up AD. His $900k vs $1.4M sounds ludicrous.
8. Munster, Cheese, Teddy and Cleary are far superior players to Moses. They are proven game winners, Grand final winners, SOO winners and Test players for tier 1 nations. Mitch cannot tie their shoelaces.

Back