Luke Brooks #167

Sheens has made good choices but he’s also made a lot of bad ones. Every coach has at some point but Sheens has made some dumb ones.
This is the same coach either people are too young to know/remember or are willfully ignoring through rose coloured glasses about his past decisions.

This is the coach that many times left 1 or 2 players on the bench while the team was being beaten, first one picked each week was Fitzhenry because he was a good trainer, played Rowdy, Fulton, Farah and many others in the squad over the years in the halves as he was famous for shoveling the deck chairs to weaken other positions instead of promoting or playing players in their positions. Choose to keep players like Groat over Fifita and was quoted as saying Johnny Morris is our Cooper Cronk to replace Prince. The guy has made PLENTY of shockers in the past, I'm just hoping when the decade long experiment that is Luke Brooks inevitably fails again this year, that Sheens has the mental fortitude to finally move him on to Super League.

There is no doubt you are 100% right, however some of Sheen's fan brigade can see nothing wrong with Sheens despite us making the semis in 3 years in 10 while he was coach.

He has been good so far but it's the preseason. We've made some great signings. Bateman to me is risky but hopefully he'll be great for us.

We won't until the season starts and we see how we go.

Winston I'd suggest pot kettle but history records Sheens had nothing like your Fall of Singapore.
The roster Sheens has back when he coached Raiders was why they were successful. Wouldn’t have taken much coaching for them to be successful. I respect he won one for us too, but only playing finals 3 times in 10 years for 30% success rate is not good coaching.

This is the same coach either people are too young to know/remember or are willfully ignoring through rose coloured glasses about his past decisions.

This is the coach that many times left 1 or 2 players on the bench while the team was being beaten, first one picked each week was Fitzhenry because he was a good trainer, played Rowdy, Fulton, Farah and many others in the squad over the years in the halves as he was famous for shoveling the deck chairs to weaken other positions instead of promoting or playing players in their positions. Choose to keep players like Groat over Fifita and was quoted as saying Johnny Morris is our Cooper Cronk to replace Prince. The guy has made PLENTY of shockers in the past, I'm just hoping when the decade long experiment that is Luke Brooks inevitably fails again this year, that Sheens has the mental fortitude to finally move him on to Super League.
No player should be considered for re-signing until we see how they perform.

Who knows if the club got it right on Hastings only time will tell, we as a club are not exactly known for making the best decisions recruitment wise... although the club seem to be working hard on turning that around.
Players do choose to move on independently of clubs if they get a better offer - in Hastings case this more than likely a factor in more one case.

HMAS WTs had turned turtle under Maguire and his apostles (of which you were one) were offering the view all was good.

As usual you are talking nonsense trying to protect Sheens,i never stated all was well under Madge but i did state many times that Madge should be given the 4 years of his contract to get us out of the mess that he inherited.

Brooks game plan is kicking it out on the full and kicking the ball dead in goal. That’s not what a so called 7 should be doing. If Brooks doesn’t step up he needs to be gone after this year. Or if he gets lucky he moves to 6 and we bring in an actual 7.

That is a very clouded opinion and not something that Brooks is doing more than most other 7's, as the facts don't back up your claims on his kicking, pure bullshit.

If one wants to talk about kicks into the legs of the opposition close to the line, then that is another matter, as there is some substance to it, but not the above.

That is a very clouded opinion and not something that Brooks is doing more than most other 7's, as the facts don't back up your claims on his kicking, pure bullshit.

If one wants to talk about kicks into the legs of the opposition close to the line, then that is another matter, as there is some substance to it, but not the above.
Most good 7’s only do it once maybe twice a game max unless they have an off night. He does it way more than that each game.

There is no doubt you are 100% right, however some of Sheen's fan brigade can see nothing wrong with Sheens despite us making the semis in 3 years in 10 while he was coach.
Sheens was gifted a Golden ticket twice in his coaching career. He inherited the Meniga Raiders squad and struck gold again being in the right place at the right time on the back of the Benji, Farah, Fulton, Gibbs etc cubs coming through. Lets see how he does this year now he has his hands all over this squad. Time will tell

As usual you are talking nonsense trying to protect Sheens,i never stated all was well under Madge but i did state many times that Madge should be given the 4 years of his contract to get us out of the mess that he inherited.
HMAS WTS turned turtled and Jad is standing on the upturned hull saying "Madge should be given the 4 years of his contract to get us out of the mess he inherited".😁

We know who has the clouded opinions around here.

Sheens was gifted a Golden ticket twice in his coaching career. He inherited the Meniga Raiders squad and struck gold again being in the right place at the right time on the back of the Benji, Farah, Fulton, Gibbs etc cubs coming through. Lets see how he does this year now he has his hands all over this squad. Time will tell
I kinda fell like he’s been gifted another golden ticket .
As far as I understand he had nothing to do with API and Ice joining.
If we string a few wins together a lot of people will be singing his praise.
Not saying Sheens can’t coach ,just don’t think he’s in the same realm as Bennett ,Bellamy etc

Why do you repeat what is obviously misinformation? It is not consistent with what has been reported in articles from Sheens.
Why re-sign a player when he hasn’t even played a game of footy this year? If Brooks continues to struggle and we’ve re-signed him its not good roster management. If he doesn’t lift even with the improved pack we should be looking elsewhere for someone who can lift when needed. Everyone that’s defended Brooks said he never had the pack. Now we actually need to see him perform before discussing new deals. That’s how top clubs manage their rosters.

I kinda fell like he’s been gifted another golden ticket .
As far as I understand he had nothing to do with API and Ice joining.
If we string a few wins together a lot of people will be singing his praise.
Not saying Sheens can’t coach ,just don’t think he’s in the same realm as Bennett ,Bellamy etc
As much as Madge gets hated on I believe he had a hand in Api and Ice coming to us. Both have played under him and probably would’ve been ok being coached by him. But doesn’t matter now. As for Sheens he’s definitely not in the same league as Bellamy and Bennett. Both have been more consistent than Sheens in their coaching careers.

Latest posts

Back