Luke Brooks #167

This. I don't why anyone bothers with him as he has repeatedly shown that he couldn't lie straight in bed. He's a simple bootlicker with an agenda and will deflect, lie or become passive aggressive when you expose his dribble.
That’s his way of trying to get back at you. Often resulting in failure from him.

Why re-sign a player when he hasn’t even played a game of footy this year? If Brooks continues to struggle and we’ve re-signed him its not good roster management. If he doesn’t lift even with the improved pack we should be looking elsewhere for someone who can lift when needed. Everyone that’s defended Brooks said he never had the pack. Now we actually need to see him perform before discussing new deals. That’s how top clubs manage their rosters.
The club is already looking elsewhere.

Why re-sign a player when he hasn’t even played a game of footy this year? If Brooks continues to struggle and we’ve re-signed him its not good roster management. If he doesn’t lift even with the improved pack we should be looking elsewhere for someone who can lift when needed. Everyone that’s defended Brooks said he never had the pack. Now we actually need to see him perform before discussing new deals. That’s how top clubs manage their rosters.
Who is it that we should target. Its all good saying getting rid of Brooks but unless we are getting someone better he is the best half back in the club. How about we get behind the bloke. For you to come out and say he has achieved nothing is a joke. The guy has played nearly 200 first grade games of footy. That is a lot more than any pelican sitting on here has done.

Who is it that we should target. Its all good saying getting rid of Brooks but unless we are getting someone better he is the best half back in the club. How about we get behind the bloke. For you to come out and say he has achieved nothing is a joke. The guy has played nearly 200 first grade games of footy. That is a lot more than any pelican sitting on here has done.
Nearly 200 first grade games & zero of them are finals ones.

Get behind the bloke who has nearly 200 game under his belt, but hasn’t steered the team into finals footy, fails to be a leader like he should be by now, and still can’t kick the ball without it going dead. That’s not someone I want to get behind. He needs to improve majorly, or has to be shown the door. No other club would have kept Brooks for as long as we have. The club is targeting Moses to replace him at 7 don’t know if it will happen but the club cannot continue to back someone who has not repaid the faith they have shown in him.

Some on this forum believe they know more than a 4 time premiership winning coach and one of the greatest 5/8s in the history of rugby league.

Some on this forum believe they know more than a 4 time premiership winning coach and one of the greatest 5/8s in the history of rugby league.
The amount of garbage that comes out of your mouth never surprises me. You I can honestly say are pathetic with your arguments. Sheens record is not that good. Won 4 premierships but has missed the finals more often than made it, and I respect Benji but he’s unproven as coach. Could still result in failure. Even Benji himself admitted he’s not a 7.

The amount of garbage that comes out of your mouth never surprises me. You I can honestly say are pathetic with your arguments. Sheens record is not that good. Won 4 premierships but has missed the finals more often than made it, and I respect Benji but he’s unproven as coach. Could still result in failure. Even Benji himself admitted he’s not a 7.
You can have a argument/disagreement with someone mate but no need to turn it nasty.

As much as Madge gets hated on I believe he had a hand in Api and Ice coming to us. Both have played under him and probably would’ve been ok being coached by him. But doesn’t matter now. As for Sheens he’s definitely not in the same league as Bellamy and Bennett. Both have been more consistent than Sheens in their coaching careers.
Madge doesn't deserve even a third of the hate he gets from the bootlickers considering he spent the entirety of his time here tied to an anvil. He inherited a mess created by Cleary and Pascoe (bad signings, salary cap penalty) which limited the clubs ability to sign good players, had potential signings sabotaged by Lee's big mouth (TPJ, arguably JAC), had to get signings approved through a committee containing Hartigan and Pascoe (sounds productive) and his last year was plagued by injuries to his best players.

Fact is the moment the Cleary and Pascoe signings were off the books, we signed arguably the best hooker and second rower in the comp. Not to mention bringing players like Stef, Offa, Hastings, AD, Ken. Not to mention beginning the reimplementation of the pathways after years of neglect and giving debuts to some of our most promising young players in Pole, Matamua and Junior Tupou. Was he perfect? No, far from it but he doesn't deserve the lies and slander from certain individuals on here.

Madge doesn't deserve even a third of the hate he gets from the bootlickers considering he spent the entirety of his time here tied to an anvil. He inherited a mess created by Cleary and Pascoe (bad signings, salary cap penalty) which limited the clubs ability to sign good players, had potential signings sabotaged by Lee's big mouth (TPJ, arguably JAC), had to get signings approved through a committee containing Hartigan and Pascoe (sounds productive) and his last year was plagued by injuries to his best players.

Fact is the moment the Cleary and Pascoe signings were off the books, we signed arguably the best hooker and second rower in the comp. Not to mention bringing players like Stef, Offa, Hastings, AD, Ken. Not to mention beginning the reimplementation of the pathways after years of neglect and giving debuts to some of our most promising young players in Pole, Matamua and Junior Tupou. Was he perfect? No, far from it but he doesn't deserve the lies and slander from certain individuals on here.
I did feel sorry for Madge with the mess he inherited and any coach would’ve struggled with that mess even Bellamy and Bennett wouldn’t have had success. But I understand its results driven business. If Madge took over after the 2021 season he may have had better luck. But Madge did bring in some young guns which everyone seems to overlook.

Not to mention beginning the reimplementation of the pathways after years of neglect and giving debuts to some of our most promising young players in Pole, Matamua and Junior Tupou. Was he perfect? No, far from it but he doesn't deserve the lies and slander from certain individuals on here.
Madge did not give Pole & Matamua their debuts.

Sheens record not that good! Only 4 premierships - you really are funny.

Sheens record not that good! Only 4 premierships - you really are funny.
3 of them he didn’t even need to be coach that Raiders team was stacked with talent he just happened to be the coach at the time. We could’ve been coach and still won the comp with the talent they had. Tigers one was actually the one he did have to work to win the comp.

He started coaching in 1984 he made the finals in 85, missed the next 2 before moving to Canberra so that’s only 1 out of 4 seasons in the finals. Canberra who were stacked with talent to win 3 comps and make the finals every year his whole time as coach so he got 9 from 9. Then takes over as coach for Cowboys and doesn’t make the finals the whole time as coach so 0 from 5. Then becomes coach for the Tigers and does win a comp and makes the club finals bound and only one to do so. But 10 years as coach and only makes the 8 3 times.

So he spent a total of 28 years coaching a first grade club and only made the finals 13 out of 28 times. That’s less than 50% IMO not a good record. Therefore not a brilliant coach.

3 of them he didn’t even need to be coach that Raiders team was stacked with talent he just happened to be the coach at the time. We could’ve been coach and still won the comp with the talent they had. Tigers one was actually the one he did have to work to win the comp.

He started coaching in 1984 he made the finals in 85, missed the next 2 before moving to Canberra so that’s only 1 out of 4 seasons in the finals. Canberra who were stacked with talent to win 3 comps and make the finals every year his whole time as coach so he got 9 from 9. Then takes over as coach for Cowboys and doesn’t make the finals the whole time as coach so 0 from 5. Then becomes coach for the Tigers and does win a comp and makes the club finals bound and only one to do so. But 10 years as coach and only makes the 8 3 times.

So he spent a total of 28 years coaching a first grade club and only made the finals 13 out of 28 times. That’s less than 50% IMO not a good record. Therefore not a brilliant coach.
😁

Back