Luke Brooks #167

They posted it at the time. They had a top five in votes
as in at the actual award nights itself or was it in the media?, because ive never seen a top 5 for a players player award announced at any club, ever.
Normally i wouldnt accuse someone of making up something to suit their narrative but you know, you are the same guy that claimed Brooks turned the ball inside despite an overlap 3 times in the opening 10 minutes in that Bulldogs game you claimed he tanked. And were proven completely false in that.

True. He won it because most other halfbacks that year missed significant amounts of footy through injury. He definitely Bradbury'd it
Quite possibly, but nobody says Bradbury didn’t deserve that win, he bloody did deserve it. Same with Luke just coz everyone fell over in front of him doesn’t mean he deserved it any less and he is a Tigers Jr, and it was pretty dam good to be watching the Dally M’s and finally have a Tigers Jr take home an award.

as in at the actual award nights itself or was it in the media?, because ive never seen a top 5 for a players player award announced at any club, ever.
Normally i wouldnt accuse someone of making up something to suit their narrative but you know, you are the same guy that claimed Brooks turned the ball inside despite an overlap 3 times in the opening 10 minutes in that Bulldogs game you claimed he tanked. And were proven completely false in that.
Some people remember things how they wanna remember them.

Quite possibly, but nobody says Bradbury didn’t deserve that win, he bloody did deserve it. Same with Luke just coz everyone fell over in front of him doesn’t mean he deserved it any less and he is a Tigers Jr, and it was pretty dam good to be watching the Dally M’s and finally have a Tigers Jr take home an award.
Kinda. But him winning that award cost the club $3.8 million over four years on his current contract which produced the worst football I've watched from an NRL halfback

When was that proven false? I watched that game

In regards to Latrell even if Madge wasn’t coach there was no way he was gonna come here. We had no chance from the minute we tried to sign him as soon as Souths got involved we all knew that’s where he was going. He tried to recruit JAC as well as others but I don’t think the blame entirely falls on him. We had that guy not responding to emails and not getting back to talent that we’ve possibly could’ve signed that Sheens sacked after the 2021 season. His name escapes me for now but I think you know who I’m talking about.

Sheens I agree with you he’s certainly not the greatest coach that’s ever coached the game. Bennett and Bellamy are the two greatest coaches. Bellamy takes the crown now but Bennet had that title in the 90’s early 2000s without a doubt.

Admin has been poor won’t argue on that, and Sheens probably did the best he could given the circumstances. But I still think it was poor of him to appoint himself the role I get why he did, but surely there was someone else we could’ve tried. Maybe I’m just thinking wishfully.

I hope his second stint is a successful one and I hope all the boys do well. But I’m not getting my hopes up. We have recruited well, but we do have talent here that have been here for a while and still haven’t stepped up.
I here what your saying but I rate Bellamy, but one club coaches I am just not sure of calling them greatest. I believe you have to have moved to at least another club and done well to warrant that tag. He’s had a fantastic administration and support crew his whole career. And I can’t turn a blind eye to two premierships being struck from history of time. And he pleads he new nothing of the payments. Please. If that was our club that had done this to the history books, could u imagine how much backlash we would of copped??

I criticise him I’ll be the first to put my hand up, but I criticise on what I see him produce on the field. I don’t hate the guy, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him go unless he can play to the level that should be required from him in this stage of his career. He’s no Cronk or Thurston or even Johns, but can you honestly say that he’s made the team better? Has he stepped up when we needed him to? That’s the questions that after 10 years the answer I feel is no. If he can finally step up this year then I’ll be fine with him staying but if he doesn’t we have to cut him loose how many chances can one guy get?

The trouble is that you do criticise him for what you see him produce on the field, rather than what actually occurs.

Targeting deficiencies, perceived or realistic is one thing, and Brooks has them. Pretending that the same player kicks it out on the full and dead in goal at least once a game and doubling down in subsequent posts is beyond ridiculous.

Last edited:
He’s no Cronk or Thurston or even Johns, but can you honestly say that he’s made the team better? Has he stepped up when we needed him to? That’s the questions that after 10 years the answer I feel is no. If he can finally step up this year then I’ll be fine with him staying but if he doesn’t we have to cut him loose how many chances can one guy get?

As for stepping up, one only has to think back to our first matches of the past season where after a poor start to it, over a month into it our WT finally had a realistic shot at winning late in the game. Brooks may not have executed the winning play in the first opportunity to win, though even a cursory look shows that he was easily the most instrumental in providing it.

A week later he was doing the same thing and stepped up to nail the win after the other guy missed a couple of opportunities. If he doesn't step up if/when a platform has been more regularly laid by his now should be decent pack, by all means show him the door

When was that proven false? I watched that game
A while back now, shortly after you posted the falsities. Everyone on line at the time was having a bit of a laugh about it. I can’t remember who exactly but I think they even posted a replay of the game so we could all see for ourselves that what you said was false.
IMO Luke has never tanked for us, he may not have always played the best games, and may not of played up to the standard I expect of him but players have bad games. I reckon he loves the Tigers and would not do that to the Tigers. JMHO.

Man you cough up some rubbish - we paid Farah 900k to play for South’s…
Don’t see any mention of the fact that the salary cap has almost tripled since the early 2010’s - and minimum wage has doubled.

Farah got 900k of a 7 mill cap to play for another club…. Got a calculator?

Bag it.
And then he came back.
Great work by the Scarecrow.
Besides that we wouldn’t have paid his entire contract money to play for South’s.
Even then we still didn’t learn and paid massive money for Mbye to play for Saints.
Probably the reason we didn’t pay the $500k for Brooks to go to Newcastle.
Looks like those days are over, thankfully…
although I could have put up with it one more time to lose Brooks 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Mate that's bull. In 2021 prior to the ACL injury he was killing it at 5/8 and was our best by miles
Wake up mate - your memories are so flawed it ain't funny!

He was solid and committed - NEVER our best by miles as some of you clowns seem to think!

He is yet to earn a new contract after his ACL and lacklustre defensive performances this year - let alone be considered as a key unit of this club's future plans!

Man you cough up some rubbish - we paid Farah 900k to play for South’s…
Don’t see any mention of the fact that the salary cap has almost tripled since the early 2010’s - and minimum wage has doubled.

Farah got 900k of a 7 mill cap to play for another club…. Got a calculator?

Bag it.
The bloke is a one-track record!!

Thinks Douehi is the greatest thing since sliced bread - and thinks Brooks is a complete dud!

Both are far from the truth and it just demonstrates his limited IQ!!

1. He would not have the respect of his opponents. They know he’s the weakest in the team hence they try to target him during our games. Teammates may very depending who he gets along with. No secret not everyone are best mates and that goes to all clubs in general.

2. He’s consistently bad very rarely does he have a good game. I hope he’s practicing his 40/20s and short goal kicking that needs a lot of work.

3. While one club players are rare these days, its not something to really brag about. Only if the club has been successful can you really brag about being one club players.

There have been players who ultimately didn’t win premierships, play origin and represent your country. If you were unable to achieve all 3 you were either really unlucky, or weren’t that good to make it. Safe to say Brooks falls into the second category. He may get lucky to win a premiership but that’s extremely unlikely. Origin and Australia have long passed him so you can forget that. Kevin Hastings was unlucky not to play for his country and win a premiership but he did get picked for Origin so he still managed to achieve something in his career.
Brooks targeted as a weak defender????

LMAO - you dunce!!

He is one of the better one on one 7s in the comp - and only really struggles when his backrower or centre over-read the attack!

WOW - it amazes me how articulately people like to advertise their ignorance online!!

Find a new bone to pick at you mutt!!

Cleary relied on the strengths of Benji and later Farah to give the team some direction. He was well aware of their use by date and jumped as soon as the opportunity arose.
Cleary was a coach who could sum up the strengths of his players and tailor a game plan to those strengths. Maguire had a one size fits all approach - my way or the highway.

Back