Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Obviously you don't watch the games. Maybe a sycophant of the hate Brooks club. Don't let your ego get in the way of a fair appraisal of Brooks. He's not the complete deal but a lot better than the your Bitter at Brooks Brigade Bag Out Club Members drivel.
BBBBOCM has voted.
#punt him

Merely pointing out fact good buddy....
In those teams, farah and benj were on good money.
Were they worth it? Faff yes, Benj prob some of the time.
In the years that Brooks has been here on good coin, has he been worth it?
I'm all for re-signing him but his contract has to be commensurate with his value.
He is worth what 450-500k as a 14?
I wouldn't go higher and if another club picks him up they can have him. No great loss.

Fair point.
We only got 1 ring. We should have picked up another in either final series.
Why were we so keen to have him back like he was the messiah then?

Good question....
He knows footy - No doubt....
But anyone who knows his name is out of the game by now - Or coaching...

Much like Warren Ryan and Roy Masters....
In and around the game - would hardly think they have any pull.

Reactions: PJ_
Good question....
He knows footy - No doubt....
But anyone who knows his name is out of the game by now - Or coaching...

Much like Warren Ryan and Roy Masters....
In and around the game - would hardly think they have any pull.
Wayne and Tim are like the grandfathers of coaches.
Most have studied under them at some stage.
I don't see it as a bad thing.
I do remember how he left and some of his decisions.

Wayne and Tim are like the grandfathers of coaches.
Most have studied under them at some stage.
I don't see it as a bad thing.
I do remember how he left and some of his decisions.
I agree.... However,
Wayne has stayed in the game mate - had his finger on the pulse and seen plenty of kids coming through.

Tim hadn't even stayed in the country.

I agree.... However,
Wayne has stayed in the game mate - had his finger on the pulse and seen plenty of kids coming through.

Tim hadn't even stayed in the country.
Even out of the country, he would have stayed in touch over here.
Apparently he lives and breathes footy so I wouldn't say he was out of the loop.
Might have better pull than Wayne too.
I'm quite shocked at how shithouse Wayne is going with recruitment. If he takes his team to the finals first year then that's a different story.

For all the Brooks bashers and AD adorers I would just like to say one thing...Let the Hastings /Brooks combo have time to gel,we are getting troops back,if AD is fully fit he takes the centre spot or 14 ,why break up a good halves combo that has been playing well with the team producing 80 minute performances and giving 100% each week..
I get sick of the Brooks bashing and the AD will be the King crap every week..
If we all just let this pan out the way Madge and co are trying to do even with a horrendous injury list and playing make shift sides week in week out we will see a much improved WTs side in the coming weeks..
Some people should put their emotional personal picks aside and look at the what the coming weeks have to offer...
1...Laurie
6...Brooks
7....Hastings
9...Simpkin/Nu ?

Now thats a very good spine coming to the mid season....
The rest will work itself out eg. centres when fully fit JTJ,Star,AJ,Naden AD...
Of course fitness and form will be the key,its a tough comp,and you have to be tough to compete,,,

Even out of the country, he would have stayed in touch over here.
Apparently he lives and breathes footy so I wouldn't say he was out of the loop.
Might have better pull than Wayne too.
I'm quite shocked at how shithouse Wayne is going with recruitment. If he takes his team to the finals first year then that's a different story.

Yeah, Staying in touch - And feet on the ground are 2 different things...
He'd be well aware of teams, squads and players - He does live and breathe footy...
But not many would be aware of him....

He's been out of the game (And country) Quite a while....

That said, He'd be getting back around it - Parents and Player managers would certainly know who he is.

He'd be well aware of teams, squads and players - He does live and breathe footy...

That said, He'd be getting back around it - Parents and Player managers would certainly know who he is.
True bro.
Let's hope the old fart can drag us out of the mess✌️

I reckon he had a lot to do with Jacko coming to us...both over in ESL and now both in NRL at the WTs at the same time....thats a good thing...and what a blessing Hastings has been not only to the team but the club as well...
The standing ovation he got at LO the other night speaks volumes for what the supporters and members think of his recruitment...
Ive always said,no matter what people think of you,you can always better yourself in life...

Fair point.
We only got 1 ring. We should have picked up another in either final series.
Why were we so keen to have him back like he was the messiah then?
Because he was. Both the Warriors and Dragons prelims were tough to swallow. Our window closed just like that.
But Benji was golden boot and it was clear. He walked on water.

I reckon he had a lot to do with Jacko coming to us...both over in ESL and now both in NRL at the WTs at the same time....thats a good thing...and what a blessing Hastings has been not only to the team but the club as well...
The standing ovation he got at LO the other night speaks volumes for what the supporters and members think of his recruitment...
Ive always said,no matter what people think of you,you can always better yourself in life...

Maybe mate, but to be fair - I’m pretty sure Jacko was announced early in the season and sheens a while later…

Who knows how long someone was talking to someone…

All good things mate

Latest posts

Back