Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

How do we get Luke to play out of his skin?

Look at cleary at origin. Had a bad 1st game but the halves went all in the second game.

Does he simply need to play hard or die trying attitude like luai mentioned?

Obviously everyone around him has to be more aggressive too. But would love to see him having more of an impact and not sure how you do it.
Some players have it, some players don't. As simple as that. No amount of coaching is going to turn Brooks into Cleary.

Bit in the DT this morning

The Knights were circling Brooks in the off-season and it is understood they are monitoring developments at the Tigers given they are yet to resolve their issues in the halves.

Bit in the DT this morning

The Knights were circling Brooks in the off-season and it is understood they are monitoring developments at the Tigers given they are yet to resolve their issues in the halves.
Reads like a space filler = "it is understood they are monitoring developments". Please.

Jock Madden and John Morris are both Scone products.

Love the media these days: "tigers to drop Brooks", 1 week later: "Brooks survives the axe".

Nincompoops
If he is in fact named, I will give the club some credit for coming out last week and calling BS on it and actually meaning it. Which would mean he never survived the ax because he was never facing it. Just BS made up by the media. Surprise surprise.

Hmm .. Another loss in the books.

Unfortunately I knew it was too good to be true.

Noddy going with the"I'm here and you're desperate" approach.

Just shows the coach isn’t the problem…
Noddy can’t even drop a player who is out of form without management stepping in and overruling him. SMH

Noddy can’t even drop a player who is out of form without management stepping in and overruling him. SMH
Just like Broooks is on 1.3 million, just like Madge sacked last year, etc etc . Stop believing the media fools guys! Who is the biggest fool , the one who dishes up the crap or the one who believes & eats the crap?

How do we get Luke to play out of his skin?

Look at cleary at origin. Had a bad 1st game but the halves went all in the second game.

Does he simply need to play hard or die trying attitude like luai mentioned?

Obviously everyone around him has to be more aggressive too. But would love to see him having more of an impact and not sure how you do it.
Cleary did get great form from Brooks. One thing I see Ivan do with Nathan, simple game. Early on Penrith seemed to be playing a game where Luai was more of a half/5-8 and Nathan just focused on positioning and kicking.

Now a lesson on Motivation:
want Brooks to force passes and tackle everything, boost his motivation.
What we think League is like a physical contest, tackle harder, train faster ,etc.

Motivation and effort is totally different. The best teams have players learn 1 or 2 new skills. Like anthony Watmough running at the ball with speed. Half knows Watmough has practised this, they are close to the line and so they put the kick in. Anthony has this skill rehersed, will either chip kick or pickup the ball and go barging for the line.

SIMPLE > tough.

Learn a few skills really well and apply it.
not 30-50 skills poorly!

There's no way Brooks was "Dropped" A few weeks out from the next game...
It just doesn't work like that.
Would be surprised if they were even training coming into the bye.

Naturally, he’s been training the house down.
I’m just wondering what’s going on with Doueihi if Brooks has been given back his 6 jersey?
Is he ok?

Has anyone watched Doueihi play.
He is a 5/8 in the same way Josh Reynolds was a 5/8. Seldom passes and goes it himself.
Don't get me wrong, Doueihi is a massive upgrade on Reynolds, not knocking him.
But Doueihi is like Reynolds in that he does not pass often and goes himself. Hence I think he should be a center.

Brooks is a running 5/8, he has always been a running 5/8 and one of the fastest halves in league.
Leave Brooks on the Bench, try Doueihi at 5/8 with Hastings and see if that works. Brooks hasn't gelled with Hastings and happy to punt him. Yet when I see Nofa score 4 tries for Samoa (ok not NRL) I know if he gets the ball he can cross the line. Same with Ken M.

Cmon Noddy, get one of our 4 Hookers to actually get some ruck speed. Get the ball to Hastings faster and see if we can make some gaps in the Opposing line.

Has anyone watched Doueihi play.
He is a 5/8 in the same way Josh Reynolds was a 5/8. Seldom passes and goes it himself.
Don't get me wrong, Doueihi is a massive upgrade on Reynolds, not knocking him.
But Doueihi is like Reynolds in that he does not pass often and goes himself. Hence I think he should be a center.

Brooks is a running 5/8, he has always been a running 5/8 and one of the fastest halves in league.
Leave Brooks on the Bench, try Doueihi at 5/8 with Hastings and see if that works. Brooks hasn't gelled with Hastings and happy to punt him. Yet when I see Nofa score 4 tries for Samoa (ok not NRL) I know if he gets the ball he can cross the line. Same with Ken M.

Cmon Noddy, get one of our 4 Hookers to actually get some ruck speed. Get the ball to Hastings faster and see if we can make some gaps in the Opposing line.
Yeh, I don’t think he’s a 6 or 7 either. But the one of our best. He’s only a 70 gamer and only 23yo. He’ll keep improving.

Back