Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Ask yourselves this question re: Brooks…in his 9 years at the WT how many of those years did he play behind a dominant forward pack?….zero….

We all know without the pigs going forward a half back is always playing on the back foot and rarely has the room to steer the team around.

Our forward pack for the last 9 years has been the worst in the NRL…soft, heartless, no post contact meters, no sting in their defence..no Team fears our pack..they can’t wait to steam roll us, which every team does…

If Brooks does leave, and for his sake I hope he does, watch Him shine if he plays behind a dominant pack….

Ask yourselves this question re: Brooks…in his 9 years at the WT how many of those years did he play behind a dominant forward pack?….zero….

We all know without the pigs going forward a half back is always playing on the back foot and rarely has the room to steer the team around.

Our forward pack for the last 9 years has been the worst in the NRL…soft, heartless, no post contact meters, no sting in their defence..no Team fears our pack..they can’t wait to steam roll us, which every team does…

If Brooks does leave, and for his sake I hope he does, watch Him shine if he plays behind a dominant pack….
While I wouldnt say our 2018 pack was dominant in the true sense of the word, they went forward and hardly anyone ran through them.

Mate of mine is in regular contact with the recruitment blokes. Regularly gets his inside info.

He reckons...

Brooks WILL push for a release in the coming weeks...

The smart money says Brooks will be pulling on a Dolphins jersey next season. For whatever reason, he has never managed to find the right groove with WT. I won't shit on him, however he's given some sound performances over the years, although he will be happier elsewhere and might even fulfil his potential. Luke just needs a fresh start. Brooks and Tigers parting ways is best for both parties. IMO.

Knowing us we'll let Madden go, and then release Brooks in the off season. I think it's fairly likely he's going to to leave in 2024 anyway, so we should be planning life without him and push to get the best deal we can.

Hastings and Madden can fight for the 7 for next year, and there are plenty of good halves available for 2024 if we want them bad enough.

Agree with all of this mate,
However - There's no point.....

That sort of reasoning only exists for every other playmaker in the game - bar Luke Brooks

Knowing us we'll let Madden go, and then release Brooks in the off season. I think it's fairly likely he's going to to leave in 2024 anyway, so we should be planning life without him and push to get the best deal we can.

Hastings and Madden can fight for the 7 for next year, and there are plenty of good halves available for 2024 if we want them bad enough.
Madden (as far as I am aware) is not signed for next year.
Sheens wants Hastings at 13.

Do you think our pack will be dominant next year or the year after? I doubt it.

Some halfbacks can still shine behind a dominated pack, Brooks clearly isn't one of them. Let's hope Madden/Hastings or whoever else we want at 7 knows how to bring forwards in to the game.

Sheens like speed in positions doubt he let's Brooks go
I cant see Brooks going anywhere. When he plays 2 off the ruck our backline has shape and starts to look like they'll do something. I dont see that happen anywhere near as much with the other 3 options. I think the one most likely to go would be a choice between the other 3.

Do you think our pack will be dominant next year or the year after? I doubt it.

Some halfbacks can still shine behind a dominated pack, Brooks clearly isn't one of them. Let's hope Madden/Hastings or whoever else we want at 7 knows how to bring forwards in to the game.

Those Halfback you refer to - Are the once in a generation halves
Johns, Cronk to an extent, Thurston...

No one (I know) has dared mention Brooks name in the same sentence as those others,
After all - They're once in a generation players and more than likely immortals of the game (If not already)
- I watched Nathan Cleary struggle in 2 origin games when his pack was dominated.

Our pack has been bottom 4 pack for as long as I care to remember.....
Our results pretty much align with that.
Even when we had Woods winning back to back Dally M's as prop of the year
- No one in the game was scared of him....

Any results we almost got, Were because of the class in the OB's
- But that's been long gone for quite a few years also....

Hopefully whatever happens happens - But the required changes are made...
Starts with the pack though.

I cant see Brooks going anywhere. When he plays 2 off the ruck our backline has shape and starts to look like they'll do something. I dont see that happen anywhere near as much with the other 3 options. I think the one most likely to go would be a choice between the other 3.

Correct. And Correct....

Those Halfback you refer to - Are the once in a generation halves
Johns, Cronk to an extent, Thurston...

No one (I know) has dared mention Brooks name in the same sentence as those others,
After all - They're once in a generation players and more than likely immortals of the game (If not already)
- I watched Nathan Cleary struggle in 2 origin games when his pack was dominated.

Our pack has been bottom 4 pack for as long as I care to remember.....
Our results pretty much align with that.
Even when we had Woods winning back to back Dally M's as prop of the year
- No one in the game was scared of him....

Any results we almost got, Were because of the class in the OB's
- But that's been long gone for quite a few years also....

Hopefully whatever happens happens - But the required changes are made...
Starts with the pack though.
Not saying we need a Cronk/Johns/Thurston. We clearly know Brooks can't do it. Someone new is unknown- it's like getting a new coach. A new halfback gels the team, it challegnes the team, it puts the onus back on the forwards.

Hold on...

I remember Marty Taupau and Adam Blair being in our pack around 2012-2014...
Sure we have run a little thin up front, but there have been games where we have dominated and been left lacking.

I am all for blaming halves for not coordinating the attack, Centers and wings for not crossing the line when given the opportunity (IMHO Nofa actually does this well) and forwards for not giving the halves a chance to co-ordiate the attack.

in 9 years Brooks has had opportunities. I have always said that Brooks is a 5/8, He has high energy and fitness and some ability. He is not a halfback and cannot coordinate a team.

Hold on...

I remember Marty Taupau and Adam Blair being in our pack around 2012-2014...
Sure we have run a little thin up front, but there have been games where we have dominated and been left lacking.

I am all for blaming halves for not coordinating the attack, Centers and wings for not crossing the line when given the opportunity (IMHO Nofa actually does this well) and forwards for not giving the halves a chance to co-ordiate the attack.

in 9 years Brooks has had opportunities. I have always said that Brooks is a 5/8, He has high energy and fitness and some ability. He is not a halfback and cannot coordinate a team.
2012-2014
😂😂😂

When Brooks was an 18 yr old Rookie that had barely played 20's

What you're saying is correct. However it's pretty clear to see his confidence is shot from that past 9 years and no longer is able to back himself and he can't make decisions under pressure.

I hope he does flourish somewhere else, but he won't if he stays here.

Can’t believe people on her still want madden, after his last two efforts, he and douhie should never play for ever again

I just rematches our round 6 and 7 our 2 wins against top teams in form and our backline looked far better
It was notable who was playing and compared to our recent rubbish who wasn't!
Brooks and Hastings were both there
The centers were Roberts and Toa
Wingers were Nofo and Kenny
Madden came off bench
We looked good then and then we changed our backline and the rest is history

Back