Marquee fails

tigerballs

How many million dollar signings have failed in the last few seasons. Tommy T never finishes a season, Ponga hardly ever turns up, David Fafita is a part timer, Ben Hunt never reached the heights. Not much in the way of finals footy there.
Good ones have been Reynolds, Hynes, Burton I suppose but not many have lifted their teams to any great finals glory.

How many million dollar signings have failed in the last few seasons. Tommy T never finishes a season, Ponga hardly ever turns up, David Fafita is a part timer, Ben Hunt never reached the heights. Not much in the way of finals footy there.
Good ones have been Reynolds, Hynes, Burton I suppose but not many have lifted their teams to any great finals glory.
Didn't I read somewhere Hynes signed at the sharks for like 600?

He just wanted a full time, starting gig in the spine....

It is because good players usually will only go to strong clubs as it helps them perform better and naturally look better(i don't mean Teddys teeth),Sadly it just adds to the strong clubs staying strong and the weaker clubs not improving sufficiently.

Ben Hunt has been great, he is both durable and a great leader. Sadly for the Dragons they have not put many quality troops around him.

Although I get your point throwing mega bucks at players can easy result in tears…Adam Blair comes to mind

Ben Hunt has been great, he is both durable and a great leader. Sadly for the Dragons they have not put many quality troops around him.

Although I get your point throwing mega bucks at players can easy result in tears…Adam Blair comes to mind
Almost forgot about him.....almost.

Didn't I read somewhere Hynes signed at the sharks for like 600?

He just wanted a full time, starting gig in the spine....
Should have stayed a fullback I reckon…
He’s got some go at 7… still would have been better with the extra room

I don’t think signing a million dollar player guarantees success every year. What it does is gives you more of a winning chance each week they are available. Those guys you mentioned have also done some fantastic individual stuff! Fifita being the real dud obviously!!

Back