Marshall is not a FG halfback

Peaches

:laughing: I laugh at you people. You know who you are.

Just thought I would start the thread that was on the old forum after almost every match despite Benji having solid games and displaying qualities that indicate he will be a star in the 7 jersey. Today he played with 6 on his back but played no different in style to every other game this year.

Agreed…....and with a super quick wimger on his right side he will be racking up plenty more try assists.

@simonthetiger said:
Agreed…....and with a super quick wimger on his right side he will be racking up plenty more try assists.

i have no idea what beau ryan was doing playin 15 metres in field ad 10 metres behind everyone else, he should be dropped

So if it makes no difference what number he has on his back, why change it. He clearly gets a hell of a lot of media scrutiny in the 7 jersey and it clearly affects him. If Benji feels more confident in the 6, I say leave him.

@weststigers said:
So if it makes no difference what number he has on his back, why change it. He clearly gets a hell of a lot of media scrutiny in the 7 jersey and it clearly affects him. If Benji feels more confident in the 6, I say leave him.

Off-field scrutiny is higher yet on-field success is similar. No coincidence.

Benji doesn't have a position who cares….geez he annoyed me today.....Nice goal kicking Benj

Moltzen cements his spot....Listening TIM........

@Allan Towle said:
@weststigers said:

Off-field scrutiny is higher yet on-field success is similar. No coincidence.

Maybe, maybe not. I personally think he looks much more relaxed and I think it shows in his game. Everyone will be divided on this point but as long as the tigers are winning I don't care if he plays state cup.

ok,

but he is playing with a real halfback in the halves (and at halfback infact) so its making his job a whole lot easier.

Kapish ??

Sure mate. No arguments from me. I'm actually repeating something Benji himself had to say about wearing the 6 as opposed to the 7 so go whinge at him. Kapish??

@Allan Towle said:
:laughing: I laugh at you people. You know who you are.

Just thought I would start the thread that was on the old forum after almost every match despite Benji having solid games and displaying qualities that indicate he will be a star in the 7 jersey. Today he played with 6 on his back but played no different in style to every other game this year.

Same as the Souths game. Beside's Robbie, he's by far our best 7, and Moltzen looks to be our best 6.

He is a class five eight. All he needs is a no nonsense halfback inside him who can beat the inside defenders and prvide him with some decent ball in space like happened today. Benji needs room to move and use his speed.

However…

What do we do with Robert Lui? He still qualifies for NYC next year .. but he is definitely ready for FG now IMO.

Do we use him next year off the bench? Give him 20mins a game to blood him? Or will that just stunt his growth? He's too good a player to not promote him or give him the respect he deserves.

@Balmain Bug said:
ok,

but he is playing with a real halfback in the halves (and at halfback infact) so its making his job a whole lot easier.

Kapish ??

Are u saying Benji is playing with a real halfback in Moltzen? Wrong. Moltzen has worn the number 7 twice, but played 7 zero times. FACT. Benji has still been our 7 the last 2 weeks, even Sheens said that in todays paper.

@alex said:
However…

What do we do with Robert Lui? He still qualifies for NYC next year .. but he is definitely ready for FG now IMO.

Do we use him next year off the bench? Give him 20mins a game to blood him? Or will that just stunt his growth? He's too good a player to not promote him or give him the respect he deserves.

I disagree…...IMO his defense isnt Toyota Cup standard let alone first grade.

Moltzen and Bunji are going very nicely.

@alex said:
However…

Lui is not ready for first grade yet…he can only attack right to left....and his defence is still suspect....

He needs to develop more in the 20's or come through State cup...would not be throwing him in to first grade ....

@simonthetiger said:
@alex said:
However…

I disagree…...IMO his defense isnt Toyota Cup standard let alone first grade.

Moltzen and Bunji are going very nicely.

i think lui will be signed on a 3 year deal, another year in 20s one year in state cup with a few FG games then he will be in FG as of 2012.

as for moltzen and benji they are 2-0 and if they continue the good form then id hope they would persist with them for 2010, but we will see how they handle the defences of manly,titans and the dogs before im sold on them as our permanent halves combo

@king sirro said:
@Balmain Bug said:
ok,

Kapish ??

Are u saying Benji is playing with a real halfback in Moltzen? Wrong. Moltzen has worn the number 7 twice, but played 7 zero times. FACT. Benji has still been our 7 the last 2 weeks, even Sheens said that in todays paper.

Agree. Moltzen belongs in the halves, but he's more of a genuine 5/8 than half IMO. Benji still comes up with the big plays and while he overplayed his hand a couple of times today, he came up with the big plays and was our most dangerous player.

Lui is talented, no doubt. Defense is his problem though. Sheens and Simmons have said he will likely get a taste of FG before the season is out, but he needs to work on the defence if he is going to make the grade next year. He can still play in the 20's next season too. The Tigers have options though, and that's a good position to be in.

He is dominating the Toyota Cup all over. Other teams are wary of him. Against the Dragons their trainers were on the sidelines yelling to their players when Lui was gonna get the ball. Against the Cows today their defence was standing off because they didnt know what he'd do.

Royce said on WTV a few weeks ago he'd maybe get a run in FG this year. Maybe next year he can play alongside Lewis for BRET to develop his game more. It must be tough having Benji in front of him but we can't let him go. What do we do?

Back