McKinnon sniffing around

softlaw

Whilst he didn;t have the best night with his hands it was soooo good to see a Tigers fullback constantly sniffing around the ruck waiting for an offload.
Once our forwards get used to having a fullback doing what a fullback should we will make some big metres from Fifita, Gibbs, Dwyer, Ellis and Heigho offloading in the tackle to McKinnon.
Very promising.

he's been doing it since he started with us - other than gallant, we haven't had that since hodgo, and sooner or later its gonna result in some good tries from him

he's a true fullback, we should sign him for next year for sure.

he was very good again tonight…im not gonna fault him on on 2 of those dropped passes they were pretty dud passes from lawry...but he should of cleaned up that grubber.....

yes yes yes. He is constantly sniffing around the ruck for an offload. Once he gets his timing right on his runs, and our forwards realise he is there - he is going to make some breaks. Great to watch. I like him.

Do you guys notice that when McKinnon plays the ball he has a tendancy to stick his arm out to the marker and actually makes contact? Not the worse thing to do but I hope this does not come back to bite us one day if he does the same on the opposition line and we score, only to be denied because of this

Not bad game once again, and don't forget it's only his 4th game for the Tigers, he's still learning the plays but his natural ability at the back is definitely an asset.

Just great to have a no1 who has positional sense, lost a few yards but makes up for it with his competitive nature. He probably wants a two year deal at least, but i would offer him a year with a opition

Very good player with very good fullback instincts. Even the grubber he dropped he had to charge back from marker over the other side of the field after making a try saver. He showed good desperation despite making the error. He is constantly backing up the forwards and is well positioned for kicks. Great mid season signing, one more year at this stage would be a good call.

Back