Mcqueen

Nucky_Thompson

Surely its time for his go in the second row. Lawrence is good but its not like our other options at second row are doing too well.

Hope he may step up playing nrl he didnt play too bad in the game he had.

Thoughts?

Ps comments about how injured he is and the word plodder not required.

I know some say he’s struggling, but I reckon for a career first grader like him, whose played Origin and won a premiership, I reckon it would be hard to get up for ISP every week.

@ said:
Surely its time for his go in the second row. Lawrence is good but its not like our other options at second row are doing too well.

Thoughts?

I reckon another couple of weeks in ISP will be great for his confidence after neck surgery…

@ said:
@ said:

Thoughts?

I reckon another couple of weeks in ISP will be great for his confidence after neck surgery…

Have to disagree there TT…I would have him coming up from the Magpies feeder team, the Campbelltown Plodders.
\
\
I joke, I joke....

The injury to McQueen has obviously left some mental scars, because he seems to be a shadow of his former self. He's not playing bad, but I don't think he needs to be in firsts just yet.

I know he wasnt injured when we signed him but it was always a big risk when you sign a 30 year old forward to a 4 year contract.Pascoe/Taylor got this one wrong imo

Hasn't displayed too much from what I have seen, however not to many players play to first grade standard when they are in down in reggies.

To me he looks like he needs to hit the weights, same with Matulino. They are just not as physically imposing as they once were,

I was puzzled by his signing when it was announced and I'm still puzzled now, especially the length of it.

He hasn’t looked great in nsw cup but I reckon he’s the kind of guy who when he goes back to first grade will fit back in and not look out of place

Wikipedia says it was only a 3 year deal. I don’t think he deserves to be in first grade. Lawrence is having a good year so far, Aloiai is our hardest running backrower, and MCK offers more in attack with his footwork and offloads.

Wests Tigers are pleased to announce that Chris McQueen will be joining the club for the 2018 NRL season.
>
The new agreement will see McQueen join Wests Tigers until the end of the 2020 season.

Thankfully not 4

Been disappointing

@ said:
Wikipedia says it was only a 3 year deal. I don’t think he deserves to be in first grade. Lawrence is having a good year so far, Aloiai is our hardest running backrower, and MCK offers more in attack with his footwork and offloads.

Think aloiai fits in the front row not second

Here is the rub ,has this team shown any real idea how to score in the oppositions red zone !…..most here believe the only good forward is someone that continually bends the line and storms over for tries how is that going lately ?
Enter Mcqueen a player that has huge experience in all levels of the game ,the last and only time he has played in the top grade he positioned himself to lay on two try assist movements on the try line but the players around him were not good enough to take advantage of the situation.
I do not understand the hesitation that Cleary has not to include him off the bench ,especially after watching many forwards last week playing dumb footy and having no idea ..he is also a competent defender .Watching these forwards over the past month my first selection is Chris McQueen off the bench as he does have a footy brain , but then players like Aloiai and Chee-Kam repeatedly are selected but give away penalties /play dumb and generally have no impact ...I think a player with smarts and good skills trumps that any day but that is my opinion we have someone that can win games languishing in reserve grade .

I apologise for saying 4 years as i had it in the back of my mind it was 4(didnt do my research).However i do maintain signing 30 years forwards to anything more than 1- 2 years is crazy and hopefully we dont do it again.
Once you get past 30 injuries tend to happen far more regularly and the healing process takes longer

@ said:
I know he wasnt injured when we signed him but it was always a big risk when you sign a 30 year old forward to a 4 year contract.Pascoe/Taylor got this one wrong imo

The bigger problem is McQueen needs certain quality players around him to be successful / a strength , look at his best seasons he was surrounded by the Burgess Bros

Like Adam Blair was , he is good role player in a side , but if you want a damaging edge runner he isn't the answer

@ said:
I know some say he’s struggling, but I reckon for a career first grader like him, whose played Origin and won a premiership, I reckon it would be hard to get up for ISP every week.

You'd think if he were professional he would show up, put in, and quickly get elevated to first grade. We're not exactly teeming with second rowers. Lawrence is the only one you can rely on to do a job for 80 minutes. Aloiai doesn't have the motor, and MCK is good for 20/30 minutes off the bench.

For me Aloiai needs to be in our 17 every week. I love the way he plays. High intensity.
Definitely one of our best. My starting backrower with Lawrence and Taylor.

McQueen is playing scared - can’t blame him but can blame our recruitment for this purchase.

@ said:
@ said:

Think aloiai fits in the front row not second

I think we all want Aloiai to solve our right edge problem but he doesn't appear to have the skill-set to thrive there. When he is up the middle though he goes really good.

I see him as a prop or lock.

Back