'MEMBERS ONLY' TRAINING SESSION ON SATURDAY

G

'MEMBERS ONLY' TRAINING SESSION ON SATURDAY
Friday, 5 March 2010
Dual Australian winter Olympian Ben Mates is looking forward to attending the Wests Tigers ‘Members Only' training session at Concord Oval on Saturday, March 6.

A halfpipe snowboarder, Mates arrived back in Australia this week after finishing 17th overall at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
\
\
He contested the semi-finals of the Halfpipe which was a great achievement and gives him confidence for the future.

A diehard supporter, Mates ‘Stepped Up’ last week and became a Wests Tigers Tribe Member for 2010.

The Tribe package is the most popular and flexible membershjip package. Mates took out the Bronze6 package which allows him to attend any six Wests Tigers home matches in between his training and international competition commitments.

"I've never seen the team train before so I am looking forward to watching the players go around. I look forward to meeting the rest of the Wests Tigers Members,'' Mates said.

"I love the Tigers and can't wait for the season to start."

The Members Only training session is an opportunity for Wests Tigers Members to watch the NRL team train under Head Coach Tim Sheens as they prepare for the opening match of the season against Manly. Training starts at 10am and will run until approximately 12pm.

Wests Tigers Members that signed up before February 22 should have received a pass that will allow them to bring a guest on the day.

All Members that signed up after February 22 can collect their event day pass at the official Wests Tigers Supporters Shop at Concord Oval prior to the event. For those who need to collect their pass on the day of the event, please contact the Membership Office on (02) 8741 3300 or email <membership@weststigers.com.au>. Passes can not be collected on the day without prior notification.

Gates open at 9.30am and only street parking will be available. The pass must be presented upon entry and a sausage sizzle/drink for each Member and their guest will be provided on the day and must be redeemed with the pass provided.

Players and coaching staff will be available for autographs at the completion of the training session. Wests Tigers do not guarantee all players will be in attendance for this event or for signings post event.

The Wests Tigers shop at Concord Oval will be open on the day for Members to purchase the latest gear for signing.

For more details, contact the Membership Office on (02) 8741 3300 or email<membership@weststigers.com.au></membership@weststigers.com.au></membership@weststigers.com.au>

Had every intention of going to this one but it seems events conspire against me again

@BRET said:
lol Geo.

Yeah I am going. A friend offered me a ticket so why not.

You get a pass for free if you're a member.

Massive crowd here, maybe 2,000,half lined up for the free grub, with the squad training hard in the hot humid conditions.

TNT has come out of the gym, still walking gingerly, but training on the sidelines , just the same

@Aladinsane said:
Massive crowd here, maybe 2,000,half lined up for the free grub, with the squad training hard in the hot humid conditions.

TNT has come out of the gym, still walking gingerly, but training on the sidelines , just the same

Thanks for that….when you say Training on the sideline...What do you mean????

Any actual walking/jogging/running involved????

@Geo. said:
@Aladinsane said:

Thanks for that….when you say Training on the sideline...What do you mean????

Any actual walking/jogging/running involved????

Lots of work with the big ropes, so lots of upper body stuff. When that was completed he walk up and down the ingoal area for about 10 mins. Then finally, and to a big cheer, jogged the length of the field. Still looks very ginger and was limbing noticebly, but a definate improvement on where he has been. Alot of talk that was the 1st tim he had run.

Great day with stacks of people there. Pretty much every player was there for autographs later on.

Only downside was the massive line up for the sausage sizzle (which they ran out of) but it was great to see them all train, Benji throwing flick passes during passing practice and seeing TNT having a run and atrain. Had a quick chat to him when getting a autograph seems in good spirits joking around with Beau Ryan quite a bit.

A few laughs were had down that end of the table.

so if you were at the tigers training session today you would've seen TNT 'jogging' if you could call it that. This is a good sign for the tigers. when do you think he will be back based on todays training?

Not for a while yet. Just walking around he still had a slight limp. I reckon he won't be back till the 2nd half of the season at best. Crowd today was told that his return date was still indefinite.

Pitcure of him in action on the ropes

![](http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/3926/1000047w.jpg)

@innsaneink said:
Any sign of Tame Tupou and any word on when he may take the field?

They spoke about when TNT would come back, they said he was getting better slowly and at this stage is indefinite.
Also said Payton would be back either round 1 or 2.
No talk about Tupou but he was there training in the rehab section with Arana, Payton, Tuiaki, Dwyer and some others.

Big cheer for Tuiaki is a massive understatement!! The crowd loved that jog up the field. He was cheered on like he'd just won Gold at the Olympics lol

Back