Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i went to search for the article, the story appeared between this heading,

Brutal way Foxx learned of Origin snub; Eels won’t give up on star: Jimmy Brings.
James Hooper from Fox Sports

And this heading written by another journo.

Surprise replacement as Dufty set for axe; Titans sweat on injured trio: Late Mail
Mark St John from Fox Sports

And when your scrolling far down through all the other crap it became unclear who the author was,
But anyhow what did you think of his unsourced, ambiguous and anonymous Article?
Rubbish.

Mate - I can't help but think there's a bit more in it that that...
His deal was done with his mate the chairman under the table - Who knows how long they'd been talking....
What I do know, Is that with the bit of money Cleary left us with - We've snagged a few of their juniors, And some of their top liners.... Imagine what we'd have done with a LOT more money!!

I think he tied our cap up, on overs as long as they did on purpose....
To stop us dipping into their squad and give him a clear run at the comp.
The point is though, would he talk an assistant out of coming here. He left us high and dry, but not out of vindictiveness towards our club. Because he was a selfish prick.

I have a recollection of Matterson coaching Rangi Chase at Cas and them going Okish...
Rangi is still playing - So it can't have been that far back.

I said there's coaches that have had success over there have come back here and not done much... All the guys I mentioned fall into that category!!
Woolfe didn't exactly kill it coaching Townville ressies either outside that 1 year.
Whatever mate . That’s not my point . Your twisting to be right . I’ll state my point again . No coach who has he wolfes success has come over here and failed .
Of which I can only recall 3 or 4 . All the browns , mattersons , Hodgsons , prices etc are irrelevant because they didn’t achieve success like the above mentioned 4 .
If Wolfe was just another super league coach , there’s no way I’d be advocating for him .
I thought that was pretty clear and didn’t need elaboration.Obviously not

Don't know why some think that Ciraldo will be better at attracting talent . . . he isn't even a first grade coach yet.
Unless of course you are thinking he'll attract Penrith players.
1. Doubt it.
2. Fair weather turncoat players. Just what we need. Matterson and his girlfriend Mitchelle say hi.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
The numbers aren’t great for Madge. The Tigers coach has won 11 out of 36 games dating back to the start of last year and only 29 out of 80 during his three and a half years at Concord.
I suppose we can at least acknowledge he didn't say something random like "only won 6 of the last 23".

Whatever mate . That’s not my point . Your twisting to be right . I’ll state my point again . No coach who has he wolfes success has come over here and failed .
Of which I can only recall 3 or 4 . All the browns , mattersons , Hodgsons , prices etc are irrelevant because they didn’t achieve success like the above mentioned 4 .
If Wolfe was just another super league coach , there’s no way I’d be advocating for him .
I thought that was pretty clear and didn’t need elaboration.Obviously not

If you say so....
I say he's there for a reason - Time will tell.

I suppose we can at least acknowledge he didn't say something random like "only won 6 of the last 23".

I look at Madge's cattle - And the 36.25% Winning Ratio above
and compare it against our most successful coach's cattle during his tenure, and the 49.42% winning Ratio... (Including a year we won the comp)

And scratch my head at how 1 guy can be considered totally inept and the other some sort of demi god.

Don't know why some think that Ciraldo will be better at attracting talent . . . he isn't even a first grade coach yet.
Unless of course you are thinking he'll attract Penrith players.
1. Doubt it.
2. Fair weather turncoat players. Just what we need. Matterson and his girlfriend Mitchelle say hi.
You would imagine there is a fair bit of quality out there at the foot of the mountains that is road blocked or some real talent on the verge of breaking through into grade that Ciraldo has been involved with for a long time.

I bet he would. I think he loved being here. It was just a matter of coaching his son and being in charge of a top team.

If you were a dog with no ethics you wouldn't even think about leaving the Tigers for the Panthers.
Not sure if you’re saying Cleary’s a dog or not 😝

QUOTE: “Do we need to make some changes? I suspect we do.

“We’ll just leave it to the great man (Sheens) to come back and report to us.

“We’ll see what he comes back with.”

Our Chairman is not a fool and knows how to use language.

I don't see how you can have an independent review when the big boss has said "I suspect we do" need changes.

I don't see how you can keep the same coaching staff when the big boss has said "I suspect we do".

You don't "suspect" things and say that publicly unless you intend for change.

If there is no change, after saying you "suspect we do" need it...everyone just looks stupid if none comes.
What if they are some little changes. They are still changes aren't they?

For what it's worth, If the club fails to stick with Maguire till the end of his contract the club fails. More of the same old same old. It will deserve every bit of shit that comes its way thereafter. Stick with the bloody plan so, if for no other reason, you can say you did for once.

I can see the merit in both sides to the argument keep/sack Madge. Anyone got the good oil?

Jurnos saying we kept madge due to ciraldo knocking us back at the start of the year. Seeing if he is keen this time around.

Delicate situation also doesn't want to come across as a coach sacker .

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
I think Madge will be thrown under the bus for some of the reasons Kenty offered on 360:

1. Lee is choosing his words carefully
2. The club is having a review. The only club in the nrl that is having a review.

And on SEN, Lee has been too vocal in his denial about factors usually leading up to dismissal. Denying, texts and calls in the middle of the night etc.

He’s been way too obvious that it’s “ business as usual.”

No mention on the official club website either that I could find.

So regrettably, us filth aren’t good enough to know boo.

Also, there was a sly mention of our horrific win/loss record, not being good enough.

I reckon its tending to be curtains for Madge because it’s too good an opportunity for our officials to be seen as actually doing something.

A quick counter argument as we are all going nuts:

Against that, Madge is a great scapegoat for our officials to hide behind and continue to quietly blame for everything!

They take the risk of a new coach and the new coach fails, then they are themselves more vulnerable and open for more criticism.

This is probably the reality in the boardroom tommorrow:

E3E249FD-FA6E-4E12-8EED-931346DAC3FE.jpeg

Whatever happens, how long can our run of bad luck continue lads?

There’s some kind of team being assembled for next year, but I think we still need a few bolters.

Our lot in life, all she wrote for us sad crew on the ship of the eternally damned nrl fan, but we’ll get through it. God knows how we do it!

Last edited:
I think Madge will be thrown under the bus for some of the reasons Kenty offered on 360:

1. Lee is choosing his words carefully
2. The club is having a review. The only club in the nrl that is having a review.

And on SEN, Lee has been too vocal in his denial about factors usually leading up to dismissal. Denying, texts and calls in the middle of the night etc.

He’s been way too obvious that it’s “ business as usual.”

No mention on the official club website either that I could find.

So regrettably, us filth aren’t good enough to know boo.

Also, there was a sly mention of our horrific win/loss record, not being good enough.

I reckon its tending to be curtains for Madge because it’s too good an opportunity for our officials to be seen as actually doing something.

A quick counter argument as we are all going nuts:

Against that, Madge is a great scapegoat for our officials to hide behind and continue to quietly blame for everything!

They take the risk of a new coach and the new coach fails, then they are themselves more vulnerable and open for more criticism.

This is probably the reality in the boardroom tommorrow:

View attachment 1286

Whatever happens, how long can our run of bad luck continue lads?

There’s some kind of team being assembled for next year, but I think we still need a few bolters.

Our lot in life, all she wrote for us sad crew on the ship of the eternally damned nrl fan, but we’ll get through it. God knows how we do it!
TSP to my knowledge most clubs have midseason reviews, it's just ours attract all the attention for obvious reasons.
Head honchos are dodging the bullet because of legal reasons.
Don't look into too deep mate.
WT said last year that there will be a mid season review and because of our poor start they have no choice but to do it to save face.
As I said before, this review is not all about Madge.
It's the whole football department.
I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome of review brings good news and some signings maybe imminent.
Eternal optimist 🙏

I can see the merit in both sides to the argument keep/sack Madge. Anyone got the good oil?
When I was in my car travelling from A 2 B on Tuesday, I'm sure I heard on the 4PM news on 2RE that Sheens had said 'We were keeping Madge', and I was thinking the Forum will run hot tonight.

Reactions: TSP
TSP to my knowledge most clubs have midseason reviews, it's just ours attract all the attention for obvious reasons.
Head honchos are dodging the bullet because of legal reasons.
Don't look into too deep mate.
WT said last year that there will be a mid season review and because of our poor start they have no choice but to do it to save face.
As I said before, this review is not all about Madge.
It's the whole football department.
I wouldn't be surprised if the outcome of review brings good news and some signings maybe imminent.
Eternal optimist 🙏
I believe the review was flagged at the end of last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back