Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've come to the conclusion that journos and commentators have no idea about the intent of players. The tackle of Lawton was wrong and the extent of his fate is the outcome of injuries.
They say if the player was not injured... then a send off is not warranted and should've been binned instead or he broke his neck then a send off and 6 months ban is appropriate.
He took him passed the horizontal and went on with it, end of story!
Should have been sent off IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've come to the conclusion that journos and commentators have no idea about the intent of players. The tackle of Lawton was wrong and the extent of his fate is the outcome of injuries.
The player was not injured... The send off was not warranted and should've been binned or he broke his neck,..send off and 6 months ban.
He took him passed the horizontal and went on with it, end of story!
Your probably wondering what this has got to do with Madge, Nothing, I'm on a different planet.

I reckon madge could be in the firing line if the bulldogs beat us this week
Doubt it. The next time we play them and if he loses he might. We will have. Few players back by then

When a team scores there coach the players can not turn up or go hard as nails. Hopefully the latter.

obviously there's a lot of this season left, but if the club gave him a two-year extension tomorrow I wouldn't bat an eyelid. the team is clearly playing for him and our structures in both attack and defence are strong, game plans are accurate, we just currently don't have the personnel to compete.

Papali'i, Koroisau and now potentially Crichton are coming to play under him, plus we get a stack of players coming back and a decent pipeline of juniors for a change, Madge absolutely deserves to enjoy some good years after putting up with a lot of headnoise for the past few years.

If the team plays the way it has the past 6 weeks for the rest of the season, I’d re-sign Madge for another year.

In my eyes they’ve turned the corner but the wins aren’t coming because we’re down to bare bones. I’m expecting us to finish the season strong once AD and Laurie return. If we do that with a few good signings coming onboard, we’ll be better off than doing another rebuild.

Last edited:
I think madge is on the right track but our strength and conditioning staff need to do something with all the injuries .Like Laurie a classy FB and a great buy on only $150k last year ( hope more this year) but he's prone to long term injuries .Also teach little guys like Simkin not to tackle around the hips and lead with your head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back