Michael Maguire leaves club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think madge is on the right track but our strength and conditioning staff need to do something with all the injuries .Like Laurie a classy FB and a great buy on only $150k last year ( hope more this year) but he's prone to long term injuries .Also teach little guys like Simkin not to tackle around the hips and lead with your head
great comment mate. strength and conditioning have a lot to answer for. last time we handled this brilliantly so lets see what happens

I think madge is on the right track but our strength and conditioning staff need to do something with all the injuries .Like Laurie a classy FB and a great buy on only $150k last year ( hope more this year) but he's prone to long term injuries .Also teach little guys like Simkin not to tackle around the hips and lead with your head
It might have more to do with the temporary facility. Not sure what the turf was like, but I know Manly had more than their fair share due to the condition of brooky.

Madge should be signed up. We're building. We can all see it, even with the lack of wins. It's like a switch has been flicked and the team know what it takes to win. We just haven't had the luck and/or the right calibre of players on the field yet.

There's no need at all to switch coach. I can only see downside.

We've got an amazing core group if Madge can stick around and we get some of these signings. Hastings, Doueigh, Stefano, Papalihi, Api, Twally, Offa, Noffa, Brooks, Laurie... throw in Crichton and Tapine and we're looking better than ever

Very impressed with Madge adapting to the injury disruptions and devising new attacking structures.

Really excited to watch us go with these structures when the bulk of our backline returns. Might even put a few hefty wagers.

Changes to our coaching personnel would be a disaster now.

I think madge is a loyal bloke and would be insane to want to jump into that mess. All signs are pointing to extend madge, the key player signings, the teams comments, our grit on the field, and now need to potentially ward off the doggies.

The board need to make a call soon. Hopefully it's the right one. They've stuck solid, don't mess it up now.

I think madge is a loyal bloke and would be insane to want to jump into that mess. All signs are pointing to extend madge, the key player signings, the teams comments, our grit on the field, and now need to potentially ward off the doggies.

The board need to make a call soon. Hopefully it's the right one. They've stuck solid, don't mess it up now.
Last year, the club stuck solid by Madge when he wasn’t producing results. To be fair, he has only just started producing results recently, albeit sans victories. If he is offered an extension and knocks it back to join Canterbury, you would have to question the man’s mental state.

Pascoe has to go before Madge. He has stuffed the club up and made Madge's job harder.
Punt Pascoe and some old rusted on board members. old rocker first on the list.

I can't blame Pascoe for giving the coach autonomy over the players he wants in the team.
Which is the primary issue which would lead with anything you're hanging on him.
If he wasn't giving the coaches autonomy over the roster - That would be the problem.

The club is in a better position now - In most facets of the business than it has been during the tenure of the 4 Previous CEO's.

Does he not get any grace for fixing the grievances he was left with from the Previous CEO, And the one before him?

It might have more to do with the temporary facility. Not sure what the turf was like, but I know Manly had more than their fair share due to the condition of brooky.
There was absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim....
Don't they Train at Narrabeen?

There was absolutely nothing to substantiate that claim....
Don't they Train at Narrabeen?
No, you're right. Just commentary on it. I'm not sure how you would substantiate that.

But if the turf is not level, then surely that has to have an impact on injury.

Just guessing why we might have seen more this year, that's all.

Woolf would be good but it appears majority of squad keen on madge.

Win two loose 3 not good enough and if we do worse then last year, surely...........

No, you're right. Just commentary on it. I'm not sure how you would substantiate that.

But if the turf is not level, then surely that has to have an impact on injury.

Just guessing why we might have seen more this year, that's all.

Some other teams got long term injuries there...
I have a vague memory that it was inspected at some point, Because an opposition club had concerns. And was found to be fine....

As I said - Only a vague recollection on something like that taking place....

After those two wins I put our resolve down to our trainers.
I thought the way they hung in there through contant line pressure was a testament to our fitness and resolve.
Most of our injuries have been twisting injuries.
Not matter how fit you are certain injuries are going to happen regardless.
As with Daino, he has a small frame and the way we throws himself into the D whilst returning those 5th tackle kicks it's no wonder he has injuries.
Having said that you can't substitute match fitness.
When a player is injured quiet ofter they get reinjured because of lack of battle contact etc.
I get your point though, trainers have to be the best to get the best results, I think we are ok

Gee,

I like Madge and with other clubs chasing him now we have to pay overs.

We could have locked him down for a song a few weeks ago.

Must have rhat warm and fuzzy feeling now.

Love how the media has figured out all the ways Madge could make a go of it at the Doggies. Too bad they didn’t apply the same weighting to how Flanagan would make a go of it at the Tigers. P#ss weak story that.

I’m confident with the team we have as our coaches
Madge , all heart and can win with a bit of quality
assistants , have made a difference m specially defence
madge and co get next season with
appi , Papi , Naden possible Dykes , and a few more and add Angus maybe
he will get his major chance then , Hastings first year has been a god send when he gets these guys around him who knows top 8 in 23

I’m confident with the team we have as our coaches
Madge , all heart and can win with a bit of quality
assistants , have made a difference m specially defence
madge and co get next season with
appi , Papi , Naden possible Dykes , and a few more and add Angus maybe
he will get his major chance then , Hastings first year has been a god send when he gets these guys around him who knows top 8 in 23
Sorry mate, could you reword it a bit?

Did you mean that next season will be a real judgement or that it’s likely to be his first year with a decent roster and shot at proving he can coach here? I agree with the 2nd option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back