Michael Morgan

Don’t think the narrative that he’s looking to come back is entirely true…
He’s mentioned regret for having to retire early, but that’s about it.
Seems to have moved on in the fox piece… if he was looking to come back it would be at the Cows - Born and raised in Townsville.
I just re read the article of Scott Sattler and Mat Rogers talking about Morgan.
You are correct in that Morgan has not aired a wish to return , however, the other two were intimating that he could be a positive resource if “ someone” were interested.
I would think it worthwhile for Sheens to pick up the phone and give him a call. Or maybe have a coffee with him this weekend while they are up his way.

Beggars cant be choosers.
Don’t think the narrative that he’s looking to come back is entirely true…
He’s mentioned regret for having to retire early, but that’s about it.
Seems to have moved on in the fox piece… if he was looking to come back it would be at the Cows - Born and raised in Townsville.

Absolutely. Popcorn talk.

Didn’t the Tigers sign Greg Florimo in his twilight years a while back, which ended up being a waste of money? If so, this would be similar…

**By Greg Florimo, I meant Michael Buettner**

Last edited:
He retired a few years ago due to injury. Apparently he is interested in giving it another shot. For the right price I would be happy signing him. He did play for Australia, I think. Your thoughts ?
Mate, Morgs was a gun….WAS a gun. He retired as his shoulder is FUBAR. He’d go to training and do one opposed session and screws would rip out.
Not that he’d even contemplate coming here, but there’s no way he’s playing top level again.

Morgan was always more of a 6 or a 1 rather than a 7.
Certainly a very talented player in his prime that could have played another 5 years or more if his body was up to it. But he's an Mbye 2.0, might be a bit better might be a bit worse, not worth finding out.

Morgan😂, who's next Chris Sandow or Carny don't believe everything you read 80% is bullshi.t , we will be building a young combination dunno who but hopefully the people that get payed the big bucks do..

He retired a few years ago due to injury. Apparently he is interested in giving it another shot. For the right price I would be happy signing him. He did play for Australia, I think. Your thoughts ?
I’d trade Morgan for Wakeham, only to be a backup half…didn’t Sheens say every club needs 3

Back