Miller

mtd

After watching the 20s he should be starting in 2013\. Linked well with koro and seems to direct the team. If we let him go, it defeats the purpose of grooming these youngsters through the 20's.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

Who needs a halfback with vision and a long kicking game when you have Ayshford, Fulton and Lawrence to play in the halves. #Sheenius
\
\

It would be a disgrace if Miller was lost . A genuine Halfback , who has never been given a proper go in 1st grade .
Sheens would rather play other players out of position :crazy

Seems to go OK but needs to get the rubbish out of his game.He should just play footy,will probably go a lot better.
cheers

He looked great in the second half. team seemed to have a lot of structure - didn't always kick well, but often did. I would try him in 2013\. Or into State Cup for 2013 then for 2014.

He definitely looked like a good half in that game… Directed the players well, created good overlaps, linked well with Koro, good kicking game. Is a future great halfback.

Thought his kicking game today was great. Unlucky not to add a 40/20 to the list today too. He has the talent but does he have to mentality to make it. Discipline is a big IF. Some good signs today though. If he can back it up and play well next week, who knows what his future holds.

He'll play NRL so long as he controls his temper and remains disciplined. With us or not is a different matter.

@mtd said:
After watching the 20s he should be starting in 2013\. Linked well with koro and seems to direct the team. If we let him go, it defeats the purpose of grooming these youngsters through the 20's.
\
\

Yeah agree MTD We took the time to groom Lui why not Miller ??

They may be different halfbacks but just as talented as each other in their own ways

Miller seems pretty arrogant and outspoken, probably why Sheens wasn't willing to give him as much a go as Lui who seemed a more reserved player.

@Demonborger said:
Miller seems pretty arrogant and outspoken, probably why Sheens wasn't willing to give him as much a go as Lui who seemed a more reserved player.

Miller probably told Sheens what we all thought,can't blame him if he did.

Ye, Miller reminds me a bit of Robbie, seems determined to win (and not just the game). He'd thrive at a culture like the Storm imo.

Jacob played well today but that's the level he should have been at all year,too times he's taken the wrong option or gone the flash play instead of playing safe.In this grade Miller should be dominating every week not every so often.

You need a bit of arrogance to play 1st grade but I hope he keeps it in check, as I believe he is the long term solution at halfback.

Hopefully the new coach sees this….

@LCA said:
He was ok today. I am not a fan.

i dont know what folk are expecting then. he's still under the age of 20 and has alot of potential.
andrew johns wasnt in his prime at 19.

@mj- said:
Jacob played well today but that's the level he should have been at all year,too times he's taken the wrong option or gone the flash play instead of playing safe.**In this grade Miller should be dominating every week not every so often.**

100% agree with that.He played pretty good today but some people on here are going mental over him and saying what a great player he is gonna be, sack Marshall etc.
Would love a bit more consistency in his game, with time though he may be a gem, or may not.

I just remember the NYC Origin game when he was one of the worst underperformers on the field. Hoping he turns into a champion player for WT though of course.

@MacDougall said:
Sack Marshall and make Miller and Sirro our first grade halves. Take his salary and throw it off a cliff.

Thanks a lot Mac … Now I'm compelled to spend my summer hols wandering about at the base of rocky escarpments up and down the NSW coastline looking skywards ... Probably need a bloody hefty wheelbarrow, yeah ?

Back