Mitchell Pearce

Few years ? It was 2021 - Only missed 1 season of NRL if he comes this year which you'd assume it would be

If it’s this year whats the point. He wouldn’t run out for weeks and the season will be over.

For the coin mentioned would be 2yrs plus this year if he came early.

I get why we would look at him given how bad things are but it looks desperate to me.

We should've signed Pearce before he went to France.

He's got more talent in his laces than Brooks has.

750k per year is a bit much though. For 500k... sign me up

My concern is Pearce comes in two years retires, do we honestly trust Benji to teach a new half how to play the game. If he was so good as a teacher then why is Brooks so crap, they played together for ages, doesn't look to me like Brooks learnt anything. I'm just gutted, everytime I have hope for the joint it just finds new ways to disappoint me.

My concern is Pearce comes in two years retires, do we honestly trust Benji to teach a new half how to play the game. If he was so good as a teacher then why is Brooks so crap, they played together for ages, doesn't look to me like Brooks learnt anything. I'm just gutted, everytime I have hope for the joint it just finds new ways to disappoint me.
Brooks is incapable of learning.

Wow it screams desperation going down this track ,
Just like bringing back Farah and Benji. Stupid short term thinking that won't make an ounce of difference.
We just refuse to get off the roundabout.
It's either babies or pensioners.... In their prime players don't wanna touch us... No other option

It's either babies or pensioners.... In their prime players don't wanna touch us... No other option
There are halfbacks playing NSW cup that would be much better options than Pearce.

As bad as we’re going you’d think they’d jump at the chance to be first choice NRL halfback.

Look DCE at 34 is still going strong but cmon lets be serious $750k for a 34yr who hasn’t played NRL for a few years as a retirement package is rubbish.

If true it clearly shows how bare the options are for players wanting to come here.
DCE is objectively still in the top 10 to 15 players in the game. A lot of ageist crap on here at the moment.

Who would people prefer right now - Tracey, Lam or DCE?

Just a massive blind spot over the current 7 position though right?
Once again, you are out for blood with Brooks.
What do you propose? Get Gamble, Madden and Billy Walter’s from reserve grade and replace Brooks ?
News flash, you seem to be the one with inability to see there aren’t much better crop to replace Brooks.
We do with what we have atm.

At least once, try to look at the glass half full.

Find it funny people saying his age is the issue. Pearce is 33. Ben Hunt is 33 and DCE is 34. Hunt won the Dally M last year and DCE was qld and Australian halfback

Specious reasoning

Specious reasoning is any argument or analysis that has the apparent ring of truth or plausibility but is actually incomplete, deceptive, or even altogether fallacious. Such arguments are attractive because they are seemingly well-reasoned or factual. They can be deceptively persuasive.

Specious reasoning

Specious reasoning is any argument or analysis that has the apparent ring of truth or plausibility but is actually incomplete, deceptive, or even altogether fallacious. Such arguments are attractive because they are seemingly well-reasoned or factual. They can be deceptively persuasive.
Just to be clear - are you implying that DCE and Ben Hunt are not good players at the moment?

Latest posts

Members online

Back