Mitchells worse than BJ

@Elderslie_Tiger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179617) said:
@Toowoomba_Tiger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179603) said:
Was dissapointed with Madges response in the press conference also. Just played it down and said he hopes both boys play next week. Protecting Josh, but that should have been a souths penalty and Latrell in the bin. Sort of wish Josh had of stayed down longer

How did the ref and video ref not see the incident

Oh they saw it, they just don't want to upset any chosen ones.

@Toowoomba_Tiger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179548) said:
The way i saw it Mitchells swinging arm on Reynolds was worse than BJs hit on Edwards. More intent, off the ball, hit him clean on the jaw. He should get 4 weeks for that alone. Then the high tackle.
Whats the bet he gets off lightly though

For sure. Mitchell is now a protected species. That hit could have broken Reynolds' jaw and it clearly drew blood. Two things raise my ire here;
1. The protection of Latrell
2. The consistently unfair officiating and suspensions dealt out to the Tigers.

Seriously, BJ gets 4 weeks for a halfhearted coat hanger, that does absolutely no damage whatsoever, compared to Latrell's deliberate, late, stiff armed hit to a player's jaw? The fact that Reynolds got straight to his feet and mouthed off, as compared to Edwards' collapse to the ground may have been factors as well. Let's cut to the chase, Mitchell deliberately smashes a guy in the jaw then strikes a second player in the head later in the game - shouldn't the two offences equate to a send off or, at least sin bin? Furthermore, it should also earn at least a 4 game suspension, going by the BJ result.

Clearly, the Tigers as a less favoured side, have been discriminated against by the refs for the past three games, Vlandy needs to step in and do something to level the playing field for the good of the game and not just to please the Tigers.

@Toowoomba_Tiger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179603) said:
Was dissapointed with Madges response in the press conference also. Just played it down and said he hopes both boys play next week. Protecting Josh, but that should have been a souths penalty and Latrell in the bin. Sort of wish Josh had of stayed down longer

Exactly. Madge's reaction minimises the foul play incidents and makes the Tigers' battle against unfair officiating that much harder. If I were the players I'd be disappointed.

@stevied said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179621) said:
@Toowoomba_Tiger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179548) said:
The way i saw it Mitchells swinging arm on Reynolds was worse than BJs hit on Edwards. More intent, off the ball, hit him clean on the jaw. He should get 4 weeks for that alone. Then the high tackle.
Whats the bet he gets off lightly though

For sure. Mitchell is now a protected species. That hit could have broken Reynolds' jaw and it clearly drew blood. Two things raise my ire here;
1. The protection of Latrell
2. The consistently unfair officiating and suspensions dealt out to the Tigers.

Seriously, BJ gets 4 weeks for a halfhearted coat hanger, that does absolutely no damage whatsoever, compared to Latrell's deliberate, late, stiff armed hit to a player's jaw? The fact that Reynolds got straight to his feet and mouthed off, as compared to Edwards' collapse to the ground may have been factors as well. Let's cut to the chase, Mitchell deliberately smashes a guy in the jaw then strikes a second player in the head later in the game - shouldn't the two offences equate to a send off or, at least sin bin? Furthermore, it should also earn at least a 4 game suspension, going by the BJ result.

Clearly, the Tigers as a less favoured side, have been discriminated against by the refs for the past three games, Vlandy needs to step in and do something to level the playing field for the good of the game and not just to please the Tigers.

It can't even be considered "late", as that would indicate it was during play. It was violent reaction towards an opposing player after the play had stopped, he continued to mouth off at JR and all I could hear was the ref telling Josh to go away. Poor Latrell, hope his fist and forearm are ok today.

Does it matter ...what suspension LM gets won't affect our season

Joeys error of judgement does

I will write this as kindly as possible, in the last two games there has been enough poor behaviour on show from individuals in the team. to suggest the Club needs to engage the services of a medical professional.

I think its associated with the take no prisoners attitude madge is trying to instill. Gotta be kept in check. Like Matty Elliott said, there is a big difference between aggression and intensity. Aggression gives away penalties and loses you games, where as intensity wins them

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179638) said:
I will write this as kindly as possible, in the last two games there has been enough poor behaviour on show from individuals in the team. to suggest the Club needs to engage the services of a medical professional.

What a gynecologist?

@sheer64 said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179646) said:
@pawsandclaws1 said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179638) said:

What a gynecologist?

?. Some of the behaviour exhibited last night and the previous game has me concerned for the health of at least two players. We've brought this on ourselves by importing it into the club. It is plain ugly.

@Tigerlily said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179562) said:
Not only the sucker punch from behind, but he then continues to rag doll him and then proceeds to slam his head into the ground...Very nasty.

@Tigerlily said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179562) said:
Not only the sucker punch from behind, but he then continues to rag doll him and then proceeds to slam his head into the ground...Very nasty.

Underneath - he is a very nasty person with totally the wrong attitude.

If he is even thought of as the "Face of the League" - I don't want any part of it.

Sad state of affairs when the best thing he has ever done in his life is "Reject the Wests Tigers" - at least "Latrine" thank you for that.

Does Latrell get a loading for the Garner hit based on the fact that he had a similar offence in the last 30 mins

100% as bad as BJs, plus a high tackle which deserves a week. Can't wait to be disappointed by the match review committee as no chance he cops as high a charge as BJ. Will be lucky to get banned for 2 weeks. How is his act of emotion any different from BJs?

Not close and the high tackle should have been a sin bin it’s a professional foul.

There's no doubt that Latrell deserves some attention from the judiciary but I don't think the incident can be compared to the one last week involving BJ.

Latrell ran in and struck the head of a player who was involved in what had the appearance of being a nasty incident, at the time that the incident occurred.

BJ made contact with head of a player who wasn't involved in the play as some sort of payback for an incident that had occurred 15 to 20 minutes earlier and which didn't even involve that player at the time that it happened.

Personally i think the two actions are quite different

This referees bias towards the Wests Tigers has gone on for years. Probably will go on for more years than I have left.

Forget Madge - if he says anything he will get fined 10k - and it will be all to no avail anyway.

Pascoe as the CEO of the Wests Tigers or the Chairman (who likes to grab the odd headline) should officially complain to the NRL (Peter V'Landys in particular), he is the only person I have any faith in at the NRL. PVL has already fixed many problems and I would like to think he is on top of this problem we have (and other clubs with biased refereeing - Manly have been absolutely duded twice in the past few weeks.

It used to be that bias was somewhat disguised (you know penalties to the favored team 9 to 2 but once the game was won, the penalties to the losing team increased and finished up 9 to 7). etc.

Not anymore - Blind Freddie can see it for all it is worth out in the open. Love the new rules that PVL has introduced but the way the referees are officiating, it is open to rorting. One rule for the favoured teams i.e. Storm, Eels, Broncos, Roosters, Penrith, Souths etc. another rule for the unfavoured Tigers, Manly, Titans, Dragons, Dogs, Warriors etc. Then depending on who is playing which way the pendulum swings.

If this is billed as the "Greatest game of all" then it is about time the officials climbed on board and acted as professional as the players. We have halved the number of referees, weed out the ones who are not doing their job with fairness to both teams. This is all games not just the Tigers - I can name a few to start your list....

Cummins, Gee, Badger, Klein, Perenara, Sutton... I'm sure you could add a few more.

It is not good enough for Graham Annesley to come out on Mondays and apologise because the referees decision was incorrect.

NB: Please Peter V'Landys do something about this, it is a worse pandemic than Covid-19 - certainly has lasted longer.

@tigger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179676) said:
There's no doubt that Latrell deserves some attention from the judiciary but I don't think the incident can be compared to the one last week involving BJ.

Latrell ran in and struck the head of a player who was involved in what had the appearance of being a nasty incident, at the time that the incident occurred.

BJ made contact with head of a player who wasn't involved in the play as some sort of payback for an incident that had occurred 15 to 20 minutes earlier and which didn't even involve that player at the time that it happened.

That is incorrect - they both attacked the head of a player off the ball. If anything Mitchells was even worse.

@happy_tiger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179635) said:
Does it matter ...what suspension LM gets won't affect our season

Joeys error of judgement does

Don't you believe in uniformIty of suspensions. Why should Mitchell get off scot free when it compares very unfavouably with Leilua's action. A light or nnon-suspension of Mitchell would affect our season if Mitchell receives a very light suspension yet Leilua gets four weeks and Souths happen to just queeze into the final 8 just slightly ahead of Wests Tigers.

@Russell said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179679) said:
@tigger said in [Mitchells worse than BJ](/post/1179676) said:

That is incorrect - they both attacked the head of a player off the ball. If anything Mitchells was even worse.

Do you mean that they both attacked the head of a player and that Mitchell's attack was the more violent one? I can't dispute that.

What I disliked about BJ's incident was that he ran around the field for 15 minutes looking for someone (anyone) to snot and ultimately thumped a bloke off the ball who had nothing to do with the original incident.

Mitchell's offence was at least spontaneous and targeted at the person who he thought was responsible for a foul act of play. If I'd just been kicked in the head I would sure be hoping that someone on my team would do something about it.

Still, I suppose the net result is the attack to a player's head.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back