Moses Suli

I suspect some are underwhelmed because there's very little "flash" about him. Considering he had the team's best yards after contact and was getting over 100m a game, I'm pretty happy at his age.

If we have learnt anything from Tuiaki that ankle injuries can take a long time to heal properly

@ said:
He has far more positives than negatives.Glad he is with us and not against us

Agree. Our attack sucked for the most part last season but I thought Suli was one of our brighter aspects. Just hope we get him fit for round 1.

I might be in the minority but suli is 19, 20 by next season still possibly eligible for the new flegg.
As a centre his strengths were his carries. Tough hard yards, defence solid in contact a little immobile laterally. My thinking is he doesn’t have that speed and ellusiveness the good centres have so we’d be better served setting him up for a long career as a hole running backrower in the lower grades and starting Milne on the left keeping Marsters on the right.
But at the same time I’m happy to see how it plays out. With his injuries though I don’t see him starting this year being only 20.
There’s a reason we bought 10 experienced players from outside the club. So we don’t get tied down to youthful loyalties and demands.
Suli will be in first grade at some stage. We just don’t have to rush him in this year this time.

@ said:
@ said:
He has far more positives than negatives.Glad he is with us and not against us

Agree. Our attack sucked for the most part last season but I thought Suli was one of our brighter aspects. Just hope we get him fit for round 1.

I'd like to see him get some early ball, last season by the time he did get the ball the defence was already on top of him.
They also need to organise some tactic to get him one on one close to the line, he could be our next TT.

@ said:
I'd like to see him get some early ball, last season by the time he did get the ball the defence was already on top of him.
They also need to organise some tactic to get him one on one close to the line, he could be our next TT.

x2\. Thought he looked good when he had some decent ball. Suffered from having all our backlines moves through Ted.

@ said:
My thinking is he doesn’t have that speed and ellusiveness the good centres have so we’d be better served setting him up for a long career as a hole running backrower in the lower grades and starting Milne on the left keeping Marsters on the right.

Well, he's more elusive than Marsters.

@ said:
@ said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo22gnPmqdk

nice try set up by suli here.

Yeah got nothin…. :unamused:

The first 10 seconds of commentary says it all "a fight to avoid last place on the ladder".
I don't judge rugby league talent by how well they go against the worst team in the last decade, i judge them against the best.
I understand he's got potential but so do 1000 other kids. I can't see him holding a centre position, i can't see a spot for him to be honest. He'll end up in the backrow/off the bench and be bog average until he leaves and goes to union.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo22gnPmqdk

nice try set up by suli here.

Yeah got nothin…. :unamused:

The first 10 seconds of commentary says it all "a fight to avoid last place on the ladder".
I don't judge rugby league talent by how well they go against the worst team in the last decade, i judge them against the best.
I understand he's got potential but so do 1000 other kids. I can't see him holding a centre position, i can't see a spot for him to be honest. He'll end up in the backrow/off the bench and be bog average until he leaves and goes to union.

wow, that was bold :eek:pen_mouth: i hope he stays here, and i think he'll prove u wrong with his skill

what do we expect from an 18yr old rookie centre , playing behind a pack that was not dominant . he has fresh defence all over him . storm cowboys roosters packs dominate sides and their backs rplaying against stressed defence ?
suli had a great yr for rookie , wait till our pack dominate ruck and then judge

@ said:
what do we expect from an 18yr old rookie centre , playing behind a pack that was not dominant . he has fresh defence all over him . storm cowboys roosters packs dominate sides and their backs rplaying against stressed defence ?
suli had a great yr for rookie , wait till our pack dominate ruck and then judge

Exactly.

Also since Teddy wont be hogging the ball every move we might see his offensive potential show.

Where is Suli at with his recovery ??

Hopefully he is close to returning to contact work

He posted a picture on his Instagram, out with mates for NY's I think.

Should of took a screenshot because he pulled it down pretty quickly :slight_smile:

@ said:
He posted a picture on his Instagram, out with mates for NY's I think.

Should of took a screenshot because he pulled it down pretty quickly :slight_smile:

Shame he can't post a pic of himself having fun on NYE , I guess it just the way life goes for a modern day footballer.

@ said:
Where is Suli at with his recovery ??

Hopefully he is close to returning to contact work

Has not featured at all in any preseason hype…. I’m doubting if he’ll make the run in squad for rd1... his stress fractures have kept him out for 6 months or so now....

Has been in videos. Named in contender series. Has been in photos training.

Let’s see what happens.

@ said:
Has been in videos. Named in contender series. Has been in photos training.

Let’s see what happens.

Thanks, I must admit I dont openly recognize his face like I do for most of the team…Hope his is right to go for RD1...For me he could be anything in the centres along with Milne.

@ said:

I keep hearing about how rubbish our pack was last season, go back and look at the stats, our pack was far from rubbish.
But people will continue to use it as an excuse for why our backs didn't perform and why Brooks in particular was ordinary.

Our pack wasn't bad but we had some issues there. Woods is great but he often gets slow play the balls and Sue, Woods & Grant can all be lazy in defence.

We often were done around the middle of the park and that caused issues out wide.

Brooks does miss some plays that he has to make but plenty of playmakers make mistakes.

Our pack should improve this year. Our outside backs look like they have a bunch of power in their game. We also lack some class players. I think this season is going to be interesting in that we will have something to build on but we don't know where we will need to improve just yet.

Back