Nadal

Wow

Im not a tennis fan and when i saw the score early that i switched the channel.

GREAT ATTITUDE - Never give up.

Take note Wests Tigers

I watched the first 2 and a half sets and was sure that Nadal would end up losing. He looked so out of sorts on the court. The fact he could bring him self to come back in that shows what a great champion he is. A well deserved title.

One of the hardest things to do is to change momentum.

For Daniil to break Nadal when he's serving for the match and then for Nadal to change momentum again by breaking him at 5-5.. that's sheer mental resilience by both.

Amazing game. Watched it in absolute awe of Nadal. The guy looked broken for most of the match. Even the games he won he did it the hard way. I thought Nadal was gonna run out of steam for sure. Somehow, he found a way. Simply amazing.

@tig_prmz said in [Nadal](/post/1525163) said:
One of the hardest things to do is to change momentum.

For Daniil to break Nadal when he's serving for the match and then for Nadal to change momentum again by breaking him at 5-5.. that's sheer mental resilience by both.

That’s the complete opposite to the women’s final where Danielle Collins was up 5-1 in the second set, and Ash got back to 5-5, Collins was. Mentally shattered.
More like Wests Tigers, we lose between the ears.

Both the men's and women's finals were unreal I really wish I was in Melbourne to watch it this year

@earl said in [Nadal](/post/1525147) said:
What a champion. I loved watching that.

How about a motivational video for our players - show a clip when he went down by 2 sets - then clips of him fighting his way back to eventual victory. Brilliant

@krammy said in [Nadal](/post/1525296) said:

How about a motivational video for our players - show a clip when he went down by 2 sets - then clips of him fighting his way back to eventual victory. Brilliant

It was unbelievable. Just a fighter. What is interesting is that he is a fighter and the nicest guy as well. You could tell how much he loved us (Australians and the support we gave him).

@earl said in [Nadal](/post/1525327) said:
@krammy said in [Nadal](/post/1525296) said:

It was unbelievable. Just a fighter. What is interesting is that he is a fighter and the nicest guy as well. You could tell how much he loved us (Australians and the support we gave him).

Yep, there is always room in the world for being a champion and a good guy as well.

At the start of the tournament I was tossing up between a Nadal/Osaka double or a Nadal/Barty double. I went Nadal/Osaka. Devo.

@gnr4life said in [Nadal](/post/1525352) said:
At the start of the tournament I was tossing up between a Nadal/Osaka double or a Nadal/Barty double. I went Nadal/Osaka. Devo.

Oska is Devo too. Her early exit saw her drop in WTA rankings from 13 all the way down to no 85 in the world.

People say some sports are tough etc, but man alive not too many people would be able to play that level of tennis for such a long period of time for one match... Nadal is a machine!!!

@ozluke said in [Nadal](/post/1525388) said:
People say some sports are tough etc, but man alive not too many people would be able to play that level of tennis for such a long period of time for one match... Nadal is a machine!!!

At 35 years old, nearing the back end of his career too.

Incredible effort.

![Screenshot_20220203-080450_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1643835932686-screenshot_20220203-080450_instagram.jpg)

Feeling inspired ?

You're next @Eyeofthetiger-0

@gnr4life said in [Nadal](/post/1526070) said:
He couldn’t have been too gung ho then.

Probably had some time to reflect and saw how the public responded....

I personally would rather chase the big prize money than be staunch about some vaccine. Most of us have had it and it's no big deal.

The potential winnings are worth it.....

Latest posts

Back