Nathan Cleary

@ said:
Looks like poor Dean Ritchie is gonna lose his dough.

Gus is so transparent. You don’t meekly give up your SOO halfback, who will be one of the games premier players for the next decade the way Gus has. The last few weeks has been pure PR from Gus to massage his own ego. He’s that much of a narcissist, it would kill him to admit he couldn’t compete with what he’s up against. He’d rather con the RL world into believing he’s in on Nathan coming here. Whatever helps him sleep I guess.

I wouldn’t be prepared to lose grub just yet, even if it meant getting Nathan here a year early. Grub deserves another year before being totally written off. Having said that, the cash he’d free up could secure a handy backrower.

Grub is unlucky and a much better player than people give him credit for and a move whilst he’s coming back from injury could bite us. If you can sign and extend Brooks you have to release Grub, Brooks and Cleary would be a great halves pairing may even be NSW halves for years to come.

@ said:
Looks like poor Dean Ritchie is gonna lose his dough.

Gus is so transparent. You don’t meekly give up your SOO halfback, who will be one of the games premier players for the next decade the way Gus has. The last few weeks has been pure PR from Gus to massage his own ego. He’s that much of a narcissist, it would kill him to admit he couldn’t compete with what he’s up against. He’d rather con the RL world into believing he’s in on Nathan coming here. Whatever helps him sleep I guess.

I wouldn’t be prepared to lose grub just yet, even if it meant getting Nathan here a year early. Grub deserves another year before being totally written off. Having said that, the cash he’d free up could secure a handy backrower.

So you reckon Cleary is coming here in 2020?
Maybe they are talking about the contract details at home because nothing says father and son can't have a chat about contracts informally.

https://twitter.com/NBWT__/status/1024940995165573121?s=19

God it's hard to next get excited about the possibility of having the best halfback in the game!

If this would eventuate this would be the biggest signing in Wests Tigers history and with a strong pack behind him and hopefully Brooks we'll go very deep in the competition imo

The potential acquisition of NC will significantly improve Brooks' game with many of the organisational responsibilities shifted to the right. It will also provide two genuine short range kickers on either side of the field plus RF if he stays for one more year.

For a done deal, there were a lot of "I think" in quotation marks.

I think he'll sign with us too, but that doesn't lock it in. My fingers are still crossed. Still looking elsewhere as well (in other positions because if we don't get Cleary, we won't be looking at other halves).

If he signs I honestly dont see Brooks staying. Brooks is a halfback and so is Cleary and 2 HB's doesen't work

Brooks won't be going anywhere. His grub of a manager will try to drag this out for as long as he can but Brooks has said himself he wants it settled.

@ said:
Brooks won't be going anywhere. His grub of a manager will try to drag this out for as long as he can but Brooks has said himself he wants it settled.

I thought Brooks got rid of that manager

Nathan or Brooks

![](https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/006/759/both.jpg)

Would love a Brooks Cleary halves pairing
If Bulldogs want Reynolds let him go for the right price
Or he wears the 17
Brooks a Cleary in the halves now that's our future
It's a magnet for future signings
This could be a great dynasty for our club
I may be getting excited but this could finally be what we have all been waiting for
Ivan cleary's signing could be a magnificent decision and masterstroke by our board

Once Cleary signs officially more quality signings will come
Time to get excited
It will happen

@ said:
Nathan or Brooks

![](https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/006/759/both.jpg)

Brooks will come in handy during the Origin period …

Apart from that I can’t see Brooks playing a 5/8th role .

Back