@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462556) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1462551) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462547) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1462546) said:
@tigerwould said in [New homeground](/post/1462326) said:
https://www.sydneyfootballstadium.com/

Looks good

would love the new SFS
Roosters don't have fans anyway and we don't have a opposition leagues club right next door and close to public transport

Except it is in the Eastern Suburbs

and bankwest is in Parramatta so what
Liverpool would be shared with Dogs anyway
we were at sfs once
go back there at least now it is a quality stadium and transport

We are called Wests Tigers and it would be stupid to play in the East. Liverpool is in our catchment area.

Would it be true to say you are anti-SFS as much due to your personal geography as the concept of it being "in the Eastern Suburbs"?

The SFS is truly almost in the CBD, and only a stone's throw from South Sydney. I personally don't see it as some Eastern Suburbs stronghold. I mean, Souths play at Homebush and there's nothing "South" about Olympic Park at all.

exactly SFS has always been neutral really, Roosters never have any fans anyway
agree souths moved to ANZ nowhere near Redfern
Some on here live in campbletown area and do not want to travel to SFS

@elderslie_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465326) said:
You would not base your home ground on the extremities of your own area we are Wests Tigers and need a home in your own catchment LO would they get approval to increase the capacity I DOUBT IT.
STADIUM AUSTRALIA it there its ready to go.
NEW LIVERPOOL STADIUM ?????? I think would be the ideal place almost smack in the middle of our catchment
CSS depending on what the plans are with the new A league and redevelopment we may of missed the boat there.
So we need to make a decision and it's a BUSINESS DECISION not one based on sentiment what ever decision is made it will take us deep into WT'S future and at the moment we have people who can make a BUSINESS DECISION especially now we are in a positive financial position.

We all can sit in the Terry Lamb or Mortimer stands .. don’t want WSS as you share with PARRA but OK sharing with the Dogs which will be there stadium there land so how is that any different… the actually place that is the best situated for all of the Sydney basin Tigers supporters is WSS! Go figure .,

@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1465403) said:
You would not base your home ground on the extremities of your own area we are Wests Tigers and need a home in your own catchment LO would they get approval to increase the capacity I DOUBT IT.
NEW LIVERPOOL STADIUM ?????? I think would be the ideal place almost smack in the middle of our catchment
CSS depending on what the plans are with the new A league and redevelopment we may of missed the boat there.
So we need to make a decision and it's a BUSINESS DECISION not one based on sentiment what ever decision is made it will take us deep into WT'S future and at the moment we have people who can make a BUSINESS DECISION especially now we are in a positive financial position.

We all can sit in the Terry Lamb or Mortimer stands .. don’t want WSS as you share with PARRA but OK sharing with the Dogs which will be there stadium there land so how is that any different… the actually place that is the best situated for all of the Sydney basin Tigers supporters is WSS! Go figure .,

so true
Liverpool Stadium
Terry Lamb Stand
Steve Mortimer Stand
Bullfrog Moore Function Room

@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462628) said:
@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1462625) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462622) said:
@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1462613) said:

Looks good

would love the new SFS
Roosters don't have fans anyway and we don't have a opposition leagues club right next door and close to public transport

It’s on the outskirts of the CBD, a long way from the water.

It is in the Eastern Suburbs though, no denying it.

Irrelevant

I disagree, I think it is stupid for a club that is called Wests (named for being Western Suburbs) to have their home ground in the Eastern Suburbs. People complain about not having an identity then propose options to muddy that identity more.

I agree with @mike on this one.

"Wests" does not actually represent the western suburbs of Sydney. It represents "Western Suburbs" the club brand, and that club brand has its genesis in the boundaries of the original 1908 NSWRL. Wests Magpies have not been "the Western team" of Sydney for many decades.

That's why the merger is called "Wests Tigers" and not "Western Tigers" - they adopted the nickname of the old Magpies club, not the explicit geographical reference.

I don't think we can realistically look at the Wests Tigers, 10% Balmain, 90% Wests Ashfield, based on Concord - and claim they are a team of the West. At best we have components of the South-West, in which case we'd realistically need to be named South-West Tigers or Campbelltown Tigers or Macarthur Tigers or some such.

The stadium WILL be OWNED and BUILT by NSW GOVERNMENT like Stadium Australia and Bankwest and will be rented out to whoever wants to use it the names on the stands will be changed to suit the occasion just as they do a Bankwest now

@bighairymadge said in [New homeground](/post/1465337) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465314) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465312) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465153) said:
@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1464896) said:
@hobbo1 said in [New homeground](/post/1464877) said:
@bighairymadge said in [New homeground](/post/1464866) said:
@hobbo1 said in [New homeground](/post/1462729) said:
@bighairymadge said in [New homeground](/post/1462715) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462679) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1462678) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462675) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1462669) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462660) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1462654) said:

Looks good

would love the new SFS

Irrelevant

I disagree, I think it is stupid for a club that is called Wests (named for being Western Suburbs) to have their home ground in the Eastern Suburbs. People complain about not having an identity then propose options to muddy that identity more.

we are West of the CBD
Wests tigers

The SFS isn't Wests of the CBD?

no but wests tigers are and the COE is West of the cbd so we can be anywhere in Sydney in theory
we would be silly not to look at a really good stadium with public transport and no fan base in the Roosters

I would much prefer Liverpool over the SFS or ANZ

I don't want to share with Bulldogs we will be the poor cousin
ANZ would be the sensible option if not SFS

ANZ is a hole

So is Liverpool.

Get bashed in the car park at Liverpool

Probably. You'd want to dress down (Tigers jersey) and leave your wallet at home.

Never been there … never had to ?
Heard stories ..mainly on the 6pm news

Like tonight. A fight in the KFC carpark over a parking spot.

get robbed on the way in to the ground or come back from watch a 30 -0 flogging and see no tyres on your car

Redfern used to be like that is that why Souffs don't play there anymore?

I think campbletown if you had to at least might work Liverpool is not a desirable destination to go see games like Belmore is not either

Campbeltown isn't desirable either.

It's Leumeah one of the only grounds that has a rail connection on its door step a Leagues club 50 m from the entrance and easy access to M5 and M7 road networks

@jirskyr said in [New homeground](/post/1465396) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1462556) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1462551) said:

Looks good

would love the new SFS

and bankwest is in Parramatta so what
Liverpool would be shared with Dogs anyway
we were at sfs once
go back there at least now it is a quality stadium and transport

We are called Wests Tigers and it would be stupid to play in the East. Liverpool is in our catchment area.

Would it be true to say you are anti-SFS as much due to your personal geography as the concept of it being "in the Eastern Suburbs"?

The SFS is truly almost in the CBD, and only a stone's throw from South Sydney. I personally don't see it as some Eastern Suburbs stronghold. I mean, Souths play at Homebush and there's nothing "South" about Olympic Park at all.

No, I would attend all games there as I have done in the past. If it was about geography for me I would choose ANZ but that is my last option. I honestly don't care what Souths do as I don't support them so to me that is an irrelevant argument.

@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465410) said:

so true
Liverpool Stadium
Terry Lamb Stand
Steve Mortimer Stand

You are just making stuff up.

@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1465666) said:

so true
Liverpool Stadium
Terry Lamb Stand
Steve Mortimer Stand

I’ve lost count how many times I have tried to explain to him that where the stadium would be, behind the Whitlam Centre, is Tiger territory and Bulldog territory isn’t till you go over the bridge down towards Moorebank. Dude does not comprehend.

@elderslie_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465654) said:

Looks good

would love the new SFS

Irrelevant

we are West of the CBD
Wests tigers

no but wests tigers are and the COE is West of the cbd so we can be anywhere in Sydney in theory
we would be silly not to look at a really good stadium with public transport and no fan base in the Roosters

ANZ is a hole

So is Liverpool.

Probably. You'd want to dress down (Tigers jersey) and leave your wallet at home.

get robbed on the way in to the ground or come back from watch a 30 -0 flogging and see no tyres on your car

I think campbletown if you had to at least might work Liverpool is not a desirable destination to go see games like Belmore is not either

It's Leumeah one of the only grounds that has a rail connection on its door step a Leagues club 50 m from the entrance and easy access to M5 and M7 road networks

Not our leagues club though lol

@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1465668) said:

Looks good

would love the new SFS

Irrelevant

we are West of the CBD
Wests tigers

ANZ is a hole

So is Liverpool.

A drink is a drink as long as it's not at Slimeys Club?????

@elderslie_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465671) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1465668) said:

Looks good

would love the new SFS

Irrelevant

we are West of the CBD
Wests tigers

ANZ is a hole

So is Liverpool.

A drink is a drink as long as it's not at Slimeys Club?????

I was just stirring lol

@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1465666) said:

so true
Liverpool Stadium
Terry Lamb Stand
Steve Mortimer Stand

looking forward to a schooner in the Chris Anderson Northern Stand Cochise

Looks good

would love the new SFS

Irrelevant

we are West of the CBD
Wests tigers

ANZ is a hole

So is Liverpool.

Yeah it would be great if it was redeveloped, it ticks all the boxes. Unfortunately I can't see it happening. Basically it is an Labor electorate and won't get the funding needed from this State Govt.

@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465395) said:
@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1465005) said:
As it currently stands, I see no point in spending money on this team - time on the forum is enough!

so no membership for you willow

I've never paid for a WT membership - never felt the need or want.

@tiger-tragic said in [New homeground](/post/1465972) said:
@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1465969) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1465395) said:
@willow said in [New homeground](/post/1465005) said:
As it currently stands, I see no point in spending money on this team - time on the forum is enough!

so no membership for you willow

I've never paid for a WT membership - never felt the need or want.

That's incredible. Tell me you do go to games though?

Sometimes, not often these days though. Watched more of Flegg this year than FG as I wanted to pay attention to the young talent coming through the grades.

Latest posts

Back