New homeground

The way I see it, we either put down roots and play there or we continue as nomads and look for the best ground in a central location.

I will assume that we are not going to give up Leichhardt or Campbelltown & so my choice for a homeground would be the SFS replacement. The entire Sydney transport system is geared towards getting people in and out of the city.

@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1493269) said:
@hobbo1 said in [New homeground](/post/1493268) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1493265) said:
@hobbo1 said in [New homeground](/post/1493264) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1493263) said:
@gallagher said in [New homeground](/post/1493089) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1492379) said:
@gallagher said in [New homeground](/post/1492376) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1492372) said:
@gallagher said in [New homeground](/post/1492369) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1492361) said:
@gallagher said in [New homeground](/post/1492357) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1492345) said:
@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1492342) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1492339) said:
@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1492335) said:
@innsaneink said in [New homeground](/post/1492329) said:
@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1492183) said:
@innsaneink said in [New homeground](/post/1492160) said:
@russell said in [New homeground](/post/1492066) said:
@innsaneink said in [New homeground](/post/1491912) said:
I. Must say @mike your entire argument is made up of things that haven't happened or you think might happen... Not really strong.

Just upgrade Cambo.... If people.dont wanna follow the team because of the ground or where it is.... Looking at you.... Let them go follow dolphin

Getting a bit tired of this "if you don't like it, go follow someone else."

Maybe people have valid points, maybe people care about the future of the Tigers.

They are voicing opinions and deserve better than - "Go follow someone else"

Disappointed in your statement although you are not the first to voice it.

Yes I know - I should go and follow someone else!

@Russell
Mikes points aren't valid... That's who my posts directed at.

They either havent yet happened, are fabricated... They're just not correct and also made up

Except they are not made up at all. History has shown us who's territory Liverpool is, and it is the Bulldogs. Also don't forget the Bulldogs wanted to take over the Western Suburbs Magpies, not merge. If you don't think that this is still on the agenda for the Wests Tigers then you are just plain wrong. Wests Tigers are currently in a very weak position politically, having never been in the finals for 11 years, they are viewed as an option the merge/relocate by many. Liverpool would be a disaster and the beginning of the end of the franchise.

Enjoy your creative writing, this is boring me

Then put me on foe and don’t read it.

Your arguments are getting worse @mike

No, I just see how this will play out.

You are an intelligent guy @mike, I'm happy for you to disagree with me, but some of your arguments trying to justify what you want are rubbish. To seriously suggest that geographical ties are superseded when every single NRL side is tied deeply to their geographical area is really poor argument and you know it. I am happy for you to prefer the SFS, but stop trying to make this that you are the smartest person in the room so your ideas are correct.

It is OK to just prefer the SFS, even if its because it is easier for you. No need for fantasy.

Souths play out of Homebush.

But are heavily tied to their community in South Sydney, I would actually take South Sydney as a great example of a club successfully playing outside their catchment and I would accept that argument in regards to stadium usage. The argument though was that geographical ties are superseded and even with Souths there is an undeniably strong tie to their geography.

I. Must say @mike your entire argument is made up of things that haven't happened or you think might happen... Not really strong.

Just upgrade Cambo.... If people.dont wanna follow the team because of the ground or where it is.... Looking at you.... Let them go follow dolphin

Maybe people have valid points, maybe people care about the future of the Tigers.

@Russell

They either havent yet happened, are fabricated... They're just not correct and also made up

Except they are not made up at all. History has shown us who's territory Liverpool is, and it is the Bulldogs. Also don't forget the Bulldogs wanted to take over the Western Suburbs Magpies, not merge. If you don't think that this is still on the agenda for the Wests Tigers then you are just plain wrong. Wests Tigers are currently in a very weak position politically, having never been in the finals for 11 years, they are viewed as an option the merge/relocate by many. Liverpool would be a disaster and the beginning of the end of the franchise.

You are an intelligent guy @mike, I'm happy for you to disagree with me, but some of your arguments trying to justify what you want are rubbish. To seriously suggest that geographical ties are superseded when every single NRL side is tied deeply to their geographical area is really poor argument and you know it. I am happy for you to prefer the SFS, but stop trying to make this that you are the smartest person in the room so your ideas are correct.

It is OK to just prefer the SFS, even if its because it is easier for you. No need for fantasy.

But are heavily tied to their community in South Sydney, I would actually take South Sydney as a great example of a club successfully playing outside their catchment and I would accept that argument in regards to stadium usage. The argument though was that geographical ties are superseded and even with Souths there is an undeniably strong tie to their geography.

So why would playing at the SFS stop us having ties to our area?

That my friend is a valid argument, though I think it works for Souths as the stadium is central to all of Sydney. Not trying to move the goalpost just reasoning it out. I do see Souths as evidence of a club making it work though.

I really don't see valid arguments not to play at SFS, Homebush or Parra.

Have you been the ANZ?

Many times. I don't see a valid argument why the club shouldn't play there. I can see why some don't like it.

That we don't fill a quarter of it.

Cause we’re shit ?

No Sydney club can fill a quarter of it.

I like leg room

You can lay down if you want lol

Why not, our team usually does.

@hank37w said in [New homeground](/post/1493524) said:

@Russell

@Russell

That my friend is a valid argument, though I think it works for Souths as the stadium is central to all of Sydney. Not trying to move the goalpost just reasoning it out. I do see Souths as evidence of a club making it work though.

Have you been the ANZ?

Many times. I don't see a valid argument why the club shouldn't play there. I can see why some don't like it.

Cause we’re shit ?

I like leg room

Why did I smile at this??

@tiger_one said in [New homeground](/post/1493527) said:
@hank37w said in [New homeground](/post/1493524) said:

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

Cause we’re shit ?

I like leg room

Why did I smile at this??

Unfortunately it's amusingly true.

@harvey said in [New homeground](/post/1493522) said:
The way I see it, we either put down roots and play there or we continue as nomads and look for the best ground in a central location.

I will assume that we are not going to give up Leichhardt or Campbelltown & so my choice for a homeground would be the SFS replacement. The entire Sydney transport system is geared towards getting people in and out of the city.

Bravo !👍

And the sooner we lay down roots with ONE home ground the better.
Our brand needs identity.
Our team needs identity.
The fans need identity.
(Back before our merger of Balmain and Wests, the great old clubs had ONE home ground - everyone knew where home was and everyone knew that visiting teams were "in for it.")
Simple.
So I really can't wait for the current contractual arrangements with ANZ to expire and our Admin to make the proper call thereafter.

@tiger_one said in [New homeground](/post/1493540) said:
(Back before our merger of Balmain and Wests, the great old clubs had ONE home ground - everyone knew where home was and everyone knew that visiting teams were "in for it.")

I think the game has moved on since then, those 'fortress' home grounds were usually smaller suburban grounds with limited capacity/facilities but had the sense of a 'big crowd' (providing people showed up) and great atmosphere by the way people were crammed in (ie - Leichardt Oval).

That doesn't translate to commercially sensible or sustainable though (as much as I wish it did... and it's pretty depressing watching a game where only 10,000 have shown up to a stadium that holds >80,000, even on TV.)

@pascoes_barber said in [New homeground](/post/1493556) said:
@tiger_one said in [New homeground](/post/1493540) said:

I think the game has moved on since then, those 'fortress' home grounds were usually smaller suburban grounds with limited capacity/facilities but had the sense of a 'big crowd' (providing people people showed up) and great atmosphere by the way people were crammed in (ie - Leichardt Oval).

That doesn't translate to commercially sensible or sustainable though (as much as I wish it did... and it's pretty depressing watching a game where only 10,000 have shown up to a stadium that holds >80,000, even on TV.)

Thanks for your thoughts champion @Pascoes_barber.
I wasn't wishing to imply we go back to the days of the smaller grounds, albeit the "feel" as they are - and honestly, I actually love.
Commercial requirements translate to the best facilities for corporates, fans and everything.
So, again, I await good governance in selection of ONE home ground going into the future.

@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1493510) said:
@gallagher said in [New homeground](/post/1493508) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1493505) said:
@gallagher said in [New homeground](/post/1493502) said:
@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1493500) said:
@gallagher said in [New homeground](/post/1493495) said:

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

How does that effect the club?

It effects the game day experience rubbish. People want to attend when you give them a good experience. ANZ is not a good experience until you are pushing 35000 people. You are too far from the field. Honestly it is not suitable for club games and should only be used for events.

But that doesn't effect the club. Other clubs have played there fulltime successfully

Are you kidding? Of course it effects the club, you want to provide the best game day experience possible to get people to attend games and sign up for memberships. ANZ does not provide a good game day experience. Outside of LO and CSS the best game day experience is at bankwest, but people don't like it due to the Parramatta connection.

The issue is there isn't the perfect solution and each option had major flaws that make it unacceptable to some as a homeground. If there was a Bankwest style stadium at Homebush I have no doubt we would be there already.

Fans will still go there though. Souths fans still go, so no it won't effect the club.

There are plenty of people that won't go to certain grounds for various reasons.

That's because there's choice at the moment. If there's only one ground then you gonna go.

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

It effects the game day experience rubbish. People want to attend when you give them a good experience. ANZ is not a good experience until you are pushing 35000 people. You are too far from the field. Honestly it is not suitable for club games and should only be used for events.

I always have a great experience wherever ground I go..

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

Disagree, it’s the best game day experience until the SFS is complete. Great facilities, plenty of room, easy to make noise and fill the stadium with sound with very few in it. I’ve heard a dozen people behind the goal post fill the stadium with atmosphere. If there’s no atmosphere that’s on the fans, not the ground.

@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1493621) said:

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

Disagree, it’s the best game day experience until the SFS is complete. Great facilities, plenty of room, easy to make noise and fill the stadium with sound with very few in it. I’ve heard a dozen people behind the goal post fill the stadium with atmosphere. If there’s no atmosphere that’s on the fans, not the ground.

Everyone is looking for something different for "game day experience". For me, Leichhardt is the best "game day experience", you and others dont like LO and prefer Homebush, which I cant stand.

@geo said in [New homeground](/post/1493618) said:

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

I enjoy some ground more than others

@cochise said in [New homeground](/post/1493631) said:

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

And you love the SFS, you know you do you said so.

@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1493679) said:

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

Yep. Everyone loves the SFS.

@mike said in [New homeground](/post/1493679) said:

@Russell

@Russell

Have you been the ANZ?

I don't mind watching games at the SFS, just not a good ground for the Wests Tigers.

From the SMH.
NRL approaches Bulldogs and Tigers as governing body looks to build and own new stadium
The Bulldogs and Tigers have both been approached by the NRL about the potential of a new stadium.
The NSW government has said no to the NRL over a new stadium in south-west Sydney. They are now exploring the possibility of building their own.

@tigerwould said in [New homeground](/post/1506954) said:
From the SMH.
NRL approaches Bulldogs and Tigers as governing body looks to build and own new stadium
The Bulldogs and Tigers have both been approached by the NRL about the potential of a new stadium.
The NSW government has said no to the NRL over a new stadium in south-west Sydney. They are now exploring the possibility of building their own.

sure as long as we don't have to share it as a home ground with other clubs

@tigerwould said in [New homeground](/post/1506954) said:
From the SMH.

Don’t need to build another stadium, save the money and just use the SFS.

Latest posts

Members online

Back