New homeground

@tigerwould said in [New homeground](/post/1506954) said:
From the SMH.
NRL approaches Bulldogs and Tigers as governing body looks to build and own new stadium
The Bulldogs and Tigers have both been approached by the NRL about the potential of a new stadium.
The NSW government has said no to the NRL over a new stadium in south-west Sydney. They are now exploring the possibility of building their own.

From the same article:

The Tigers' preference is for a major refurbishment of their current part-time stadium in Campbelltown, which would see them play 10 games out of the venue each year and two games at Leichhardt Oval.

However, the club hasn’t shut the door on Liverpool or Badgerys Creek if the NRL was to move ahead with plans to explore the possibility of owning its own stadium near a 24-hour international airport with new roads and railway infrastructure in a booming region.

"I've made it very well known that I believe the greatest challenge facing the Wests Tigers is securing a permanent home in the short to medium term," Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis told the Herald.

"I have also made it publicly known that the future of the Wests Tigers lies in the south-west of Sydney, whilst also maintaining a connection with our traditional roots in the inner-west.

"We are very excited by the prospect of a stadium in either Liverpool or Campbelltown and are very much open to consult with all stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcome for the Wests Tigers."

I think we are going to start seeing some movement on this issue in the next 6 months.

@wt2k said in [New homeground](/post/1507097) said:
From the SMH.
NRL approaches Bulldogs and Tigers as governing body looks to build and own new stadium
The Bulldogs and Tigers have both been approached by the NRL about the potential of a new stadium.
The NSW government has said no to the NRL over a new stadium in south-west Sydney. They are now exploring the possibility of building their own.

From the same article:

The Tigers' preference is for a major refurbishment of their current part-time stadium in Campbelltown, which would see them play 10 games out of the venue each year and two games at Leichhardt Oval.

However, the club hasn’t shut the door on Liverpool or Badgerys Creek if the NRL was to move ahead with plans to explore the possibility of owning its own stadium near a 24-hour international airport with new roads and railway infrastructure in a booming region.

"I've made it very well known that I believe the greatest challenge facing the Wests Tigers is securing a permanent home in the short to medium term," Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis told the Herald.

"I have also made it publicly known that the future of the Wests Tigers lies in the south-west of Sydney, whilst also maintaining a connection with our traditional roots in the inner-west.

"We are very excited by the prospect of a stadium in either Liverpool or Campbelltown and are very much open to consult with all stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcome for the Wests Tigers."

Bullshit
He hasn't made it clear this is the first I've heard his thoughts on this.
Pascoe 5 years ago said the same crap.... 5 years ago.
2027 we'll still be playing everywhere

@innsaneink said in [New homeground](/post/1507105) said:
From the SMH.

From the same article:

Bullshit

The chairman now knows where all us Tigers stakeholders want as a home ground ..
Good on you mate for my two cents worth you have NO idea time to butt out buddy .
As supporting one and the joint venture for 60 yrs we will go nowhere near Liverpool that area has NO affiliation with the club at all .
If by the Chairman’s statement this is where the club is heading the club needs to advise its stakeholders that this is the case !

@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507107) said:
From the SMH.

From the same article:

Bullshit

The chairman now knows where all us Tigers stakeholders want as a home ground ..
Good on you mate for my two cents worth you have NO idea time to butt out buddy .
As supporting one and the joint venture for 60 yrs we will go nowhere near Liverpool that area has NO affiliation with the club at all .
If by the Chairman’s statement this is where the club is heading the club needs to advise its stakeholders that this is the case !

That’s a bit rich re Liverpool isn’t it, considering you are the biggest cheerleader regarding Comm Bank stadium, or whatever it’s called now. What affiliation does our club have with Parramatta, right next door to Parra Leagues?

My preference is to play at the best, most accessible stadium in Sydney (SFS) but if the club has decided that the southwest is the future I can understand that but I think sharing a stadium with the bulldogs in a suburban stadium is a terrible idea. Just move to Campbelltown full time and lobby government with the MacArthur bulls for an upgrade. The Liberal government isn’t going to be in power forever, labour light even get in next election so the political climate can easily switch in our favour.

A revamped Campbelltown Stadium holding 30,000 would be the smart way to go , there are plenty of folks out that way who support and or will just go watch a game of footy there , Roads to and from are pretty good on the weekends so no issue there , play the majority there and a couple at Balmain and West’s old grounds , can’t tell me folks would not go to Lidcombe oval to watch the West’s Tigers go round against Manly and Then Tigers v Penrith at Leichhardt oval I agree with Tigertowns no sharing with Bulldogs let get our own back yard

@426tlgerland said in [New homeground](/post/1507114) said:
A revamped Campbelltown Stadium holding 30,000 would be the smart way to go , there are plenty of folks out that way who support and or will just go watch a game of footy there , Roads to and from are pretty good on the weekends so no issue there , play the majority there and a couple at Balmain and West’s old grounds , can’t tell me folks would not go to Lidcombe oval to watch the West’s Tigers go round against Manly and Then Tigers v Penrith at Leichhardt oval I agree with Tigertowns no sharing with Bulldogs let get our own back yard

Lidcombe is not up to standard

@jrtiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507022) said:
irrespective of whether or not this comes to fruition, it's good that WT finally have a preference on what they want to do. 10 at Cambo and 2 at Leichhardt works for everyone. get out of Parramatta finally and commit wholly and solely to our pathway areas.

That may work for you but it certainly does not work for me.

@jadtiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507121) said:
@jrtiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507022) said:
irrespective of whether or not this comes to fruition, it's good that WT finally have a preference on what they want to do. 10 at Cambo and 2 at Leichhardt works for everyone. get out of Parramatta finally and commit wholly and solely to our pathway areas.

That may work for you but it certainly does not work for me.

Yeah I don't why you'd cut Leichardt oval so short.

@tigertownsfs said in [New homeground](/post/1507113) said:
My preference is to play at the best, most accessible stadium in Sydney (SFS) but if the club has decided that the southwest is the future I can understand that but I think sharing a stadium with the bulldogs in a suburban stadium is a terrible idea. Just move to Campbelltown full time and lobby government with the MacArthur bulls for an upgrade. The Liberal government isn’t going to be in power forever, labour light even get in next election so the political climate can easily switch in our favour.

move to campbletown if we have to don't share a stadium with the Dogs bad idea no different than sharing parramatta
would prefer sfs or ANZ if it is campbletown then I guess the club has looked at memberships etc and know the data

@jedi_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507127) said:
@tigertownsfs said in [New homeground](/post/1507113) said:

move to campbletown if we have to don't share a stadium with the Dogs bad idea no different than sharing parramatta
would prefer sfs or ANZ if it is campbletown then I guess the club has looked at memberships etc and know the data

If that was the case the club would go nowhere near Campbelltown on numbers !

@gnr4life said in [New homeground](/post/1507108) said:
@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507107) said:
From the SMH.

From the same article:

Bullshit

That’s a bit rich re Liverpool isn’t it, considering you are the biggest cheerleader regarding Comm Bank stadium, or whatever it’s called now. What affiliation does our club have with Parramatta, right next door to Parra Leagues?

The SFS is the place and it would facilitate your obsession about a leagues club next door as there is none ?

The options open to West Tigers in regard to homegrounds.
1 SFS New stadium but to far out of area
2 LO no money being spent to upgrade
3 CSS needs to be upgraded can be shared with
A league close to Leagues Club Transport
and Majof Road System
4 New Liverpool Stadium area being revamped
close to Transport and Major Road System
population is fast growing can be shared
with Bulldogs which as I can see is not
a problem and would be roughly half way
between Campbelltown and Leichhardt.
What ever happens it's not going to please everyone but it a business decision that has to be made for the betterment if West Tigers

Im an old Balmain boy and not a massive fan of CSS but to me the CSS upgrade does make sense. Would love to see 8 @ CSS & 4 @ LO.

@tiger5150 said in [New homeground](/post/1507144) said:
Im an old Balmain boy and not a massive fan of CSS but to me the CSS upgrade does make sense. Would love to see 8 @ CSS & 4 @ LO.

Agreed

I too was a Balmain fan and love the atmosphere of a packed Leichhardt, however the fact they are not going to spend money to improve it, suggests to me that our future is at a larger ground that has all the amenities to cater for different sports and also events.

They have the land out at CSS to build a larger stadium and it is on a rail line that could make it easy to get to and from and just off the M5 motorway.

Heritage round and two other games at Leichhardt to preserve history and the rest for CSS would be my choice against going to Parra or the new SFS as they are never going to be our own home ground.

@elderslie_tiger said in [New homeground](/post/1507143) said:
The options open to West Tigers in regard to homegrounds.
1 SFS New stadium but to far out of area
2 LO no money being spent to upgrade
3 CSS needs to be upgraded can be shared with
A league close to Leagues Club Transport
and Majof Road System
4 New Liverpool Stadium area being revamped
close to Transport and Major Road System
population is fast growing can be shared
with Bulldogs which as I can see is not
a problem and would be roughly half way
between Campbelltown and Leichhardt.
What ever happens it's not going to please everyone but it a business decision that has to be made for the betterment if West Tigers

Lamb / Mortimer grandstands yep no problem with that the Weststigers the second rate tenants !

@sully said in [New homeground](/post/1507161) said:

Agreed

I too was a Balmain fan and love the atmosphere of a packed Leichhardt, however the fact they are not going to spend money to improve it, suggests to me that our future is at a larger ground that has all the amenities to cater for different sports and also events.

They have the land out at CSS to build a larger stadium and it is on a rail line that could make it easy to get to and from and just off the M5 motorway.

Heritage round and two other games at Leichhardt to preserve history and the rest for CSS would be my choice against going to Parra or the new SFS as they are never going to be our own home ground.

If your going to build a new stadium you build it at Lidcombe !
What is it when the tax payers of NSW have built these stadiums are not good enough for the precious Weststigers supporters .. Your Tax dollars guys blood use them !

@snake said in [New homeground](/post/1507165) said:
@sully said in [New homeground](/post/1507161) said:

Agreed

If your going to build a new stadium you build it at Lidcombe !

To close to Parra and ANZ

Loved Lidcombe and Henson park when growing up.

Back