Next Immortal?

@Cultured Bogan said:
For mine Mal would be #8, and then Fittler #9…

Surprised no smartarse on here has suggested Fitzy yet though.

*****deletes half written post regarding Fitzy being an immortal****

Meninga would be my pick for sure.

@Trevor Rawlings said:
Quick question, if someone dies, are they no longer immortal?

Hi everyone

Immortal: One whose fame is enduring.

So the answer to the question is "No". (Had a bit of trouble with a double negative here!)

Tigergran

(PS Also says "One not subject to death" - but I find that hard to believe!!).

@Trevor Rawlings said:
We are too quick to heap praise on current players. He needs to be retired for 10years before talking about him. If they want to make someone an immortal now, give it to Mal.

Quick question, if someone dies, are they no longer immortal?

We sure do that mate but if you remember correctly people were calling for Johns to be made an Immortal before he even retired.

I actually believe that at all levels of the game Lockyer has ahieved more than Johns did.

For the record my vote is Mal as well.

Mal Meninga, Joey Johns, Glenn Lazarus, Darren Lockyer should be Immortals.

Mick Ennis :wink:

On a serious note, Ive only been watching the game for the last 15 years so for me its out of Johns, Fittler, Lockyer, Daley and Langer.

Im surprised no one has mentioned Langer, to me he was a colossus at Origin level and whenever he had the ball especially inside the attacking 20m, my heart would stop. I think he lives in Lewis' shadow in regards to origin level but unlike Lewis, he was a brilliant club player as well.

So for me its between Langer, Lockyer and Johns.

Im sitting on the fence, to hard to pick!

@Jazza said:
Mick Ennis :wink:

On a serious note, Ive only been watching the game for the last 15 years so for me its out of Johns, Fittler, Lockyer, Daley and Langer.

Im surprised no one has mentioned Langer, to me he was a colossus at Origin level and whenever he had the ball especially inside the attacking 20m, my heart would stop. I think he lives in Lewis' shadow in regards to origin level but unlike Lewis, he was a brilliant club player as well.

So for me its between Langer, Lockyer and Johns.

Im sitting on the fence, to hard to pick!

I thought of Langer. He was very good but Johns was better.

the best way to determine this is for the nrl to have a poll, which you get in the sunday paper.
similar to the one they put out each year near finals time.
let the people decide.

now back on topic Big Mal, then in 5 years time Darren Lockyer.
they have both have that " special aura"

Back