Nick Cotric - Thread

@twentyforty said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517151) said:
What happened to the Nick Cotric signing? It was going to happen the next chime of the grandfather clock? That was a week or more ago?

The spring in the clock broke.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517163) said:
@supercoach said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517162) said:
The funny thing with this signing is, it was rumoured that the raiders were having trouble getting Elliott under their cap. Now they have signed him and Cotric and seem only to have one average contract player departing. It is very hard to have any faith in the salary cap these days. The trouble it’s not transparent, so the punters will have little faith that clubs are compliant and of course have little faith in the NRL policing it, because they are not accountable.

Maybe raiders will be releasing another back? They have too many good players. Looks like Kris will be playing reserves.

Let's hope we're sniffing around

@pablox said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517189) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517163) said:
@supercoach said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517162) said:
The funny thing with this signing is, it was rumoured that the raiders were having trouble getting Elliott under their cap. Now they have signed him and Cotric and seem only to have one average contract player departing. It is very hard to have any faith in the salary cap these days. The trouble it’s not transparent, so the punters will have little faith that clubs are compliant and of course have little faith in the NRL policing it, because they are not accountable.

Maybe raiders will be releasing another back? They have too many good players. Looks like Kris will be playing reserves.

Let's hope we're sniffing around

We are always sniffing around we are Gold medal sniffers!

No real big loss.
Not a bad player but not sure he was right for us.
Still plenty of fish in the ocean.
Hoping our new guys kick butt though.

We went hard for the Raiders young Kid who played a bit of wing last year with the double barrel name and he knocked as back. Maybe now he has been road blocked by Cotric we should have another chat. Tough getting a outside back gig with the Raiders, they have a bucket load.

Nice, I think he's a very good winger but with Noffa and Kenny, we've blown our winger budget. He's not suitable for a centre position for us.

@tig_prmz said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517215) said:
Nice, I think he's a very good winger but with Noffa and Kenny, we've blown our winger budget. He's not suitable for a centre position for us.

It's not a bad loss is it. He'd walk into the centres for us next year but I doubt he'd be worth the dollars we would have paid.

@earl said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517217) said:
@tig_prmz said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517215) said:

It's not a bad loss is it. He'd walk into the centres for us next year but I doubt he'd be worth the dollars we would have paid.

He’d be a forum punching bag. Reminded me of the excitement when Mbye first signed. How he was going to be a big upgrade on Lolohea. We saw how that worked out.

@supercoach said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517213) said:
We went hard for the Raiders young Kid who played a bit of wing last year with the double barrel name and he knocked as back. Maybe now he has been road blocked by Cotric we should have another chat. Tough getting a outside back gig with the Raiders, they have a bucket load.

Harley Smith-Shields I think is who you're talking about. I'm all for it, won't cost as much either. Save the money for the spine

@pablox said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517221) said:
@supercoach said in [Nick Cotric \- Thread](/post/1517213) said:

Harley Smith-Shields I think is who you're talking about. I'm all for it, won't cost as much either. Save the money for the spine

That’s him and he was a centre coming up through the juniors. He re signed with the Raiders, but he’ll what’s a contract these days

2023 backline
1. Laurie
2. Ken M
3. Cotric
4. Naden
5. Staines
6. Douhie
7. Brooks

Nice backline to go with the forward pack

2023 backline
1. Laurie
2. Ken M
3. Cotric
4. Naden
5. Staines
6. Douhie
7. Brooks

Nice backline to go with the forward pack
No doohie. Think he's gone for next season.

Back