No FIFITA?

Which Citizen is this?

Have you heard of Farah. Lawrence, Marshall, Fulton, Gibbs, Heighington, Ayshford, Dwyer, Payten and Lui…All players Sheens has brought into first grade...

Sheens knows what he is doing with Fifita...

You gave Galloway Man of the match against Manly...

He was up against Snowden. Douglas Tupou and Gallen...He went forward especially in the first half....In the second he pulled off 2 crucial tackles on our line....

As well as that he covered the inside gate alot and made some good tackles there.\

A thing that Fifita doesn't yet do and that a younger Galloway never did

I want to know why everyone keeps insisting on Moors. He's had one, ONE decent game. And that was only after persisting with him

@Geo. said:
@citizen cub said:
The fact that he has IMPACT is something new to the club, sure, he's not the fittest, but I'd take him any day of the week before the likes of Galloway and Flanagan. Plus, the only way he's going to get fitter is through match practice. Demoting him to NSW cup is going to do his fitness and confidence no good. Giving him 10 minutes a match would probably be more effective than giving useless twats Galloway 50 minutes.

Wrong….Fifita was a liability against Manly and offered little impact..We leeked points at that crucial time in the 1st half when he came on...the ruck fell apart..Galloway was our best...

Time in State Cup is what Fifta needs....plenty of time to get himself right for the finals...

Galloway has been warming to the task nicely....great game against the Sharks as well...

Any suggestion that Galloway somehow made a notable contribution last night is quite simply ludicrous. He was awful, I have not seen the stats but I don't need to, I cringed every time he took the ball forward. I have never seen a bloke so blessed with physical attributes, apply them so infrequently. I can cope with Gibbs because he's wholehearted, but it's time for Galloway to evaporate to State Cup, or to another club. I don't care if Fifita has a Gold Pass to McDonalds, he's talented, promotes second phase, hits the line hard for someone of his age and experience and has what we lacked last night…..aggression.

The Sharks manhandled our pack last night, they made easy metres in both channels, with simple direct running. We do not have anyone capable of doing that apart from Ellis and Heighington. You can only ask back rowers to do so much. Forward movement more often than not was dispensed with as the ball went wide much earlier than it should have.

@Geo. said:
Which Citizen is this?

Have you heard of Farah. Lawrence, Marshall, Fulton, Gibbs, Heighington, Ayshford, Dwyer, Payten and Lui…All players Sheens has brought into first grade...

Sheens knows what he is doing with Fifita...

You gave Galloway Man of the match against Manly...

He was up against Snowden. Douglas Tupou and Gallen...He went forward especially in the first half....In the second he pulled off 2 crucial tackles on our line....

CC this is, I gave Galloway MOM against Manly because he genuinely had a good game, but then he went back to bad habits straight away. Consistency is another issue, performing well in one game is all very well, but you need to back that up with another 1/2 good games. He didn't, I was expecting big things from him and not only did he not deliver, he was terrible. And last night was the perfect match to play himself into form, against an ordinary team and in wet conditions which definitely suited the fowards. I'm not doubting he's a solid defender, but he's the biggest foward we have at the club and with such a big physical structure, he should be making more metres.

Galoway…43 mins 28 tackles 0 missed 0 errors 1 offload 1 penalty 10 hitups 78m

Douglas ...59 min 32 tackles 3 missed 2 errors 0 offloads 8 hitups 74 m
Snowden ...54 min 22 tackles 3 missed 0 errors 0 offloads 2 penalties 11 hitups 103m

Snowden was the best Prop but Hardly owned simon...

@Geo. said:
Galoway…43 mins 28 tackles 0 missed 0 errors 1 offload 1 penalty 10 hitups 78m

Douglas ...59 min 32 tackles 3 missed 2 errors 0 offloads 8 hitups 74 m
Snowden ...54 min 22 tackles 3 missed 0 errors 0 offloads 2 penalties 11 hitups 103m

Snowden was the best Prop but Hardly owned simon...

snowdens MPR is very good 9.36
douglas MPR is very good 9.25
keiths MPR is 7.8

and besides that its the way they hit the line compared to galloway…..

Iam with Geo, Fifita's form has dropped off and really thats to be expected from a young kid playing in his first year in the NRL and needs to do miles of fitness work between now and September if he expects a start in the top grade

moors wasnt picked for 3 weeks before he got injured.. its a joke.

Need some big boppas hitting the line. Galloway as impact, i really can't see him been a worker like gibbs.

@Geo. said:
@citizen cub said:
The fact that he has IMPACT is something new to the club, sure, he's not the fittest, but I'd take him any day of the week before the likes of Galloway and Flanagan. Plus, the only way he's going to get fitter is through match practice. Demoting him to NSW cup is going to do his fitness and confidence no good. Giving him 10 minutes a match would probably be more effective than giving useless twats Galloway 50 minutes.

Wrong….Fifita was a liability against Manly and offered little impact..We leeked points at that crucial time in the 1st half when he came on...the ruck fell apart..Galloway was our best...

Time in State Cup is what Fifta needs....plenty of time to get himself right for the finals...

Galloway has been warming to the task nicely....great game against the Sharks as well...

Very wrong indeed. 10 minutes in FG will do nothing for his fitness. 60 minutes in State Cup will. Fifita is carrying too much pudding around the middle, it takes 30 minutes of aerobic activity before the body starts to burn fat, therefore he can afford to play longer in State Cup where he's nowhere near as likely to be exposed as he has been in FG in defence.

As for calling Galloway useless, you've already shown you have no idea about the Tigers forward pack, it would be funny to see Galloway scrape you off his shoe if he ever ran at you.

well willow we arent FG footballers so he most likely would trample us common folk…..truth is galloway gets dominated more often then not....he is one of the bigger props going around but doesnt use his size good enough.....he will never be a dominating prop with his current attiude

@ron burgandy said:
well willow we arent FG footballers so he most likely would trample us common folk…..truth is galloway gets dominated more often then not....he is one of the bigger props going around but doesnt use his size good enough.....he will never be a dominating prop with his current attiude

He's tall ron, and quite lean. At 107kg there are a few front rowers bigger than Keith. Fact is, Cronulla got off their line well and slowed the Tigers down at the ruck very well. Fifita scored 2 tries for Wests yesterday but watching the video of the game, you can see his defensive issues in State Cup, he would have been exposed last night and wouldn't have had the motor to make more metres than Keith last night, that i am certain of. If he gets his shape and condition in order then by all means bring him back, but at the moment he's too sluggish out there and has too many poor defensive reads in him.

He's tall ron, and quite lean. At 107kg there are a few front rowers bigger than Keith. Fact is, Cronulla got off their line well and slowed the Tigers down at the ruck very well. Fifita scored 2 tries for Wests yesterday but watching the video of the game, you can see his defensive issues in State Cup, he would have been exposed last night and wouldn't have had the motor to make more metres than Keith last night, that i am certain of. If he gets his shape and condition in order then by all means bring him back, but at the moment he's too sluggish out there and has too many poor defensive reads in him

Well said - hence Skandos re-appearence. He was never a huge "metre eater" but was always solid around the ruck in defence. While it was a little desparate on behalf of Sheens, I think it highlights how much more development Fifita has in front of him.

I will say one thing about KG - he does not seem to hit the line with any real intensity although there was one hit-up int he second half that he really motored and made good ground so he obviously has the ability.

I was thinking though that all our frowards play quite shallow - I really couldn't say anybody hits the line at speed. Are they coached to do this for some reason? Does it lead to quicker play the balls or something?

@willow said:
@Geo. said:
@citizen cub said:

Very wrong indeed. 10 minutes in FG will do nothing for his fitness. 60 minutes in State Cup will. Fifita is carrying too much pudding around the middle, it takes 30 minutes of aerobic activity before the body starts to burn fat, therefore he can afford to play longer in State Cup where he's nowhere near as likely to be exposed as he has been in FG in defence.

As for calling Galloway useless, you've already shown you have no idea about the Tigers forward pack, it would be funny to see Galloway scrape you off his shoe if he ever ran at you.

HA HA trying to scare me are you? WTF DO I have to do with NRL!!! That's totally irrelevant to the fact that Galloway is a softie! Mate, saying bullshit like 'we don't get out-muscled in the pack every week, your just being naive' shows how much you know about the foward pack. As for making remarks about Fifita's weight and saying 'if he turns left and sees a KFC outlet he puts on kilos' shows what a great supporter you are of the youth and talents we've got at the Tigers. Lol, the ONE prop who actually has some aggression you bag out (behind your keyboard as well, I've stated my opinion about Galloway but I haven't personally attacked him), and to think these comments are coming from the MODERATOR makes you look like an even bigger fool. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

@bbobb said:
[
I was thinking though that all our frowards play quite shallow - I really couldn't say anybody hits the line at speed. Are they coached to do this for some reason? Does it lead to quicker play the balls or something?

You've hit the nail on the head, I'm convinced we are coached to play like this, there is no other explanation.

Are we coached to not show any aggression? Why don't many of our forwards have any impact? Why do they stand so shallow from Farah when receiving the ball from dummy half? Why don't they stand deeper and run onto the ball at pace like every other team does?

It is like watching under 6's when they stand there and basically hand the ball to the player left or right like pass the parcel. There is no depth, no aggression, no structure, no wind up - we are so flat its embarrassing.

As for Galloway, last week I thought he had his best game since coming back from injury. Last night he took two steps back, sluggish and had minimal impact. I've seen Galloway fire up, watch both games against the Sharks in 2006 as an example. The problem is he hardly ever does. Is this an individual problem or is it how we are coached to play?

Fifta will be the new Dane Laurie Sheens just simply doesnt like big guys

@willow said:
@Geo. said:
@citizen cub said:

Firstly your contention in relation to the burning of body fat is incorrect. The amount of glycogen a person has on board and the nature of the excercise will determine when a person begins to use stored fat as an energy source. Indeed it may be 30 minutes for a walker, or some similarly low key activity. Rugby League players however reach their lactate thresholds fairly quickly because it is a very high intensity excercise that uses massive amounts of calories per minute.

Given that first grade pace and intensity is somewhat higher than State Cup I think it easily argued that Fifita will benefit immensely, provide the coach gives him at least 15 minutes per half. The rewards IMO, absolutely outweigh the perceived 'risks'. There is a clear difference in the skill sets of the two players.

Not sure where you are going with your last comment, don't think Galloway would draw much satisfaction from 'scraping' a 14 year old off his shoe

@smeghead said:
The fact that Fifita has put on fat whilst with the NRL squad would have to be a major concern.

A player good for 10 minute spurts is no use in the NRL

I'd like to know where this all started, apparently he gains 10kg looking at chicken wings :unamused:
Is there any factual basis to this or just another forum myth

Back