Non Transformation

@AmericanHistoryX said:
Why can the roosters coach transform his team over night.
Why does it never happen to us?
Why is it always the long road for us?
Someone.

What do you mean? Buy the best players on the market?
We played a lot better last week compared to the week before. I think it's good we lost this game. Should keep the hunger going after a good turn around. Byes kill momentum. Need to stop gifting teams field position and make them earn it.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Maybe it has something to do with up to 5 regular first graders out , we should have won today but botched every opportunity when it counted.Saints were just about at full strength like I have always said we are not a top 8 team this year but although I hate loosing the wheels are slowly turning , Potter needs to make some tough decisions with team selections over the course of the year we all know what they are I just hope he makes them as some players are not what they used to be.

Maybe the 6 million they have spent to buy the premiership and not one injury to the top 95 percent.

@Eye of the Tiger said:
Maybe cause the coach had a say in his team for this season.

Potter has inherited a sheens team.

This, big difference, plus Uncle Nick has deep pockets

@Oxygen said:
Maybe it has something to do with up to 5 regular first graders out , we should have won today but botched every opportunity when it counted.Saints were just about at full strength like I have always said we are not a top 8 team this year but although I hate loosing the wheels are slowly turning , Potter needs to make some tough decisions with team selections over the course of the year we all know what they are I just hope he makes them as some players are not what they used to be.

Someone should tell Potter that the season is already 25% over.

@AmericanHistoryX said:
Why can the roosters coach transform his team over night.
Why does it never happen to us?
Why is it always the long road for us?
Someone.

This year it is mainly because the "old grey mares" playing the centres are not what they used to be but Potter thinks that they are still Balck Caviars.

The Rooster purchased - Moa, Maloney, SBW, Jennings, O'Donnell - we purchased Anasta, Pettybourne, Thompson, Buchannan

They have no first graders injured/out we have

Marshall
Galloway
Korooibete
Fulton
Thompson
Groat
Gavet
Young Bloke who killed himself (apologies I couldn't remeber his name and didnt want the disrespect of getting it wrong)

You can add Anasta by the looks of things. We look like we are about to field our 4th halves combo in 7 games, all the result of injury, which is no-one's fault.

But.. Potter is responsible for having us play bash and barge field position football with no attacking ideas.

Move Moltzen to half back is my only suggestion.

Look at the Roosters squad. Take out Farah and Woods, none of our guys would start for them. None of them!Their injury toll as mentioned is also a wee bit smaller than ours.

The Dragons at nearly full strength? Mick Weyman, their best prop, out. Beale, their starting fullback, out for the season. They were also missing Kyle Stanley, Bronx Goodwin and King.

Tigers blew 2 or 3 certain tries and possibly other chances too. These games that you should win hurt the most. Cant afford to lose games to also-rans like the Dragons and get anywhere. As usual, the season is derailed before Anzac day. Happens every year.

We've looked decent for periods, especially the last 2 weeks, but sadly with nothing to show for it. We might scrape into the 8 from here but 6th or 7th is about as high as you can expect with a good year from here, playing someone like Souths or Melbourne in week 1.

@Boonboon2 said:
The Rooster purchased - Moa, Maloney, SBW, Jennings, O'Donnell - we purchased Anasta, Pettybourne, Thompson, Buchannan

They have no first graders injured/out we have

Marshall
Galloway
Korooibete
Fulton
Thompson
Groat
Gavet
Young Bloke who killed himself (apologies I couldn't remeber his name and didnt want the disrespect of getting it wrong)

jesus, you could look it up? It was Mosese Fotuaika. Please be a bit more respectful about him, i'm sure there were a few on the forum that were deeply hurt by his passing as well as many more besides.

@Tigerpete said:
Look at the Roosters squad. Take out Farah and Woods, none of our guys would start for them. None of them!Their injury toll as mentioned is also a wee bit smaller than ours.

Farah, would, Woods would, Koroibete would, Galloway would, Benji would, Tedesco would either this year or next and Anasta would. So, obviously we are weak in the centres and forwards. nothing new. drop lawrence and pray to zeus, venus and the buddha that we don't suffer ANY more injuries and slow get better and better as a team as well as through injured players coming back.

Members online

Back