Now For Something Completely Different

I get trotters for the dog and ox tongue, well holly shite Merlot I’ve seen them in the window at the butcher, they are big.
What do you do with one of those to make it palatable?
simmer in water,tounge is superior to corned beef,pigs feet r nothing like the old days,please tell me Aurthur ( The Fonz ) doesnt get the shank from a leg of lamb ,

simmer in water,tounge is superior to corned beef,pigs feet r nothing like the old days,please tell me Aurthur ( The Fonz ) doesnt get the shank from a leg of lamb ,
No, Mrs BF and I love a shank in red wine jus on mash.

No, Mrs BF and I love a shank in red wine jus on mash.
we used to scam lamb shanks of the meat cater ,back in the day ,they where wider than ya smile n larger than ya stomach

Last edited:
I’ve just completed 2 weeks off the durries( after 55 years on them).
Nicabate 21g patches prescribed by my doctor seem to be strong enough to keep away the cravings, and noticing lots of extra money in my pocket.
Only the rest of my life to go…..🤞🤞🤞
Keep up the good work mate

Nicabate 21g patches prescribed by my doctor seem to be strong enough to keep away the cravings, and noticing lots of extra money in my pocket.
seeing the future in your dreams yet, jogging to the chemist for a pack u patches . lol

One of the best decisions you've made in your life and very well might have saved your life Browny.

all the choices in the world mate,more to life then money . good to be occupied but no shame in winding back and relaxing
Don't ruin your groove mate. My new couch is still being broken in, that's gotta get fixed before footy starts 😉

It gets easier after 4 weeks .Hang in there you'll make it.Its worth it

Well that deserves more than just a like Hal. Well done and congrats to you.

Is there any offal that you eat?I won't eat heart liver or brain but i have always enjoyed kidney
Hey Jad,my mum used to cook tripe in white sauce and parsley...on a bed of mash and home made damper bread when we were kids...I used to look at it and look at dad,he would say theres nothing else,either eat it or starve....I was never one to starve so I ate it and found it quite palatable...

My wife just told me Fray Bentos brand steak and kidney pies are available at WW. Have you tried one of those ? If not,may be worth a search and taste mission.
Hal if your ever down in the Southern Highlands,go to Samuel Gee in Mittagong,actually its more towards Braemar on the old Hwy,they have the best homemade pies ever...and a good variety as well...

Hey Jad,my mum used to cook tripe in white sauce and parsley...on a bed of mash and home made damper bread when we were kids...I used to look at it and look at dad,he would say theres nothing else,either eat it or starve....I was never one to starve so I ate it and found it quite palatable...
flash meal .we used to take bites out of low flying ducks

Back