NRL 360

Never heard of Dick Turner? The Godfather of QLD origin?
Among his many achievements, he started the FOGS back in the late 90's, which has helped QLD not only compete with, but fare better than NSW for the better part of the proceeding 3 decades.

The FOGS Dick Tosser Turner Medal is awarded when you rep QLD 20 times. DCE will be the 33rd recipient
The FOGS Statesman Award goes to those who rep QLD 30 times. There are only 10 of these legends.
The FOGS Cameron Smith Award goes to those who rep QLD 40 times. Only the 1 great man owns this.
Yes, I actually looked it up on the net to check out the History of the award and the Former Origin Greats of Queensland rugby league.

Must of just been me that thought it was a bit amusing when Badel was talking about DCE getting the Dick Tosser medal because at the time I thought it most appropriate that Dally Cherry Evans receive the award for being a complete Queensland tosser.

It’s been very hard. If the success in 05 didn’t happen I probably would no longer be.
Those clubs prove how awesome they are every year by making the finals despite such huge upheaval midway through the season.
The disadvantages of Origin no doubt exist however there is an argument that Origin helps those clubs.

Younger players on the cusp who get a chance to train as part of the extended squad get exposed to the elite and can use the opportunity to improve their game (see Utoikamanu 2020).

Playing in more high intensity/high pressure games gives them experience they can take into finals games.

A club with a reputation of developing Origin players may have more sway when negotiating the recruitment of a promising junior with Origin aspirations.

The disadvantages of Origin no doubt exist however there is an argument that Origin helps those clubs.

Younger players on the cusp who get a chance to train as part of the extended squad get exposed to the elite and can use the opportunity to improve their game (see Utoikamanu 2020).

Playing in more high intensity/high pressure games gives them experience they can take into finals games.

A club with a reputation of developing Origin players may have more sway when negotiating the recruitment of a promising junior with Origin aspirations.
Of course there are advantages, as you have illustrated.

When’s this back? And will Buzz’s face have gone full Roma tomato yet?

🍅
He needs moisturiser or factor 100 sunscreen or something...

What about Kent, his charges were dropped (i think he threatened the judge). Think he'll be back?

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Wanted to share the following video, for those who don't have Foxtel. It's a preview for this week's game and touches on Benji and the team's progress, as well as several other topics including our halves situation.
The Fox League channel also has video snippets from episodes of Sunday Night with Matty Johns, Matty Johns Podcast, Fletch & Hindy, Face to Face, in addition to NRL360, for anyone interested.

Back