NRL 360

Kent and Hooper always make jokes about maroon taking cash job and not declaring tax for speaking jobs.

Apparently maroon had told tripple m he does not like it when they say that on air.

Couple Sundays ago they said it again and maroon took offence said it has to stop or he will fire back with his own remarks. Mention on air how Hoops doesn't have a licence and Gordon and Kent were at a pub until 3am recently and may of got kicked out.

That only made Kent and Hoops say more jokes on air about not declaring tax. Maroon got offended and walked out on air

Maroon hasn't been back since, Kent continues to rub salt in the wound and refuses to apologise.

Danny wilder saying Kent will no longer be on triple m Sunday soon
I have never been able to stand Maroon anyway, so that's a win in my book.

Last night on NRL360 Buzz talked about Nikora resigning and then went on to say that's another one the Tigers have missed out on, was nice to see Brett Read step in and question him by saying something like, "its a stretch to say they missed out, they didn't want to pay the dollars he was asking for and Cronulla did", then the rest of the panel gave old buzz a bit of a hard time.

Last night on NRL360 Buzz talked about Nikora resigning and then went on to say that's another one the Tigers have missed out on, was nice to see Brett Read step in and question him by saying something like, "its a stretch to say they missed out, they didn't want to pay the dollars he was asking for and Cronulla did", then the rest of the panel gave old buzz a bit of a hard time.
Old bastard is getting less and less respect from fellow panellists these days. Finally...

Tonight Buzz pitched for a promotion/relegation system for NRL and rightly so, Kent rubbished his idea and instead offered a draft or tighter policing of the salary cap. I.e he said some clubs are clearly cheating.

This is something WT need to pick up and run with full steam.

Instead of holding wanky networking breakfasts our so called powerbrokers should be asking tough questions of the league. How can one NRL team have 7-8 origin players and some clubs have NONE. And a supposed war chest but no opportunity to sign one. Doesn’t pass the bullshit test/pub test whatever you call it.

I will continue to give our “leaders” all the crap they deserve while they just bend over and cop it. They get a hell of a lot wrong at WT but just copping being treated like junk is the worst.

Same goes for when guys like Matto and Aloiai and even LL are just allowed to walk away. Show some strength for once.

This is something that front office could clearly do to help the football department i.e. don’t bother telling me front office aren’t responsible for results!

Last edited:
I saw that as well. That’s the second night in a row that Kent has taken the line that top clubs are cheating the cap. Yesterday he tried to bite his lip but implied souths were cheating. This is really different to the approach he has taken over the years that the top clubs are just better operators.

I saw that as well. That’s the second night in a row that Kent has taken the line that top clubs are cheating the cap. Yesterday he tried to bite his lip but implied souths were cheating. This is really different to the approach he has taken over the years that the top clubs are just better operators.
It gets laughed off on numerous Fox shows. Why then don’t our club call it out?!

Tonight Buzz pitched for a promotion/relegation system for NRL and rightly so, Kent rubbished his idea and instead offered a draft or tighter policing of the salary cap. I.e he said some clubs are clearly cheating.

This is something WT need to pick up and run with full steam.

Instead of holding wanky networking breakfasts our so called powerbrokers should be asking tough questions of the league. How can one NRL team have 7-8 origin players and some clubs have NONE. And a supposed war chest but no opportunity to sign one. Doesn’t pass the bullshit test/pub test whatever you call it.

I will continue to give our “leaders” all the crap they deserve while they just bend over and cop it. They get a hell of a lot wrong at WT but just copping being treated like junk is the worst.

Same goes for when guys like Matto and Aloiai and even LL are just allowed to walk away. Show some strength for once.

This is something that front office could clearly do to help the football department i.e. don’t bother telling me front office aren’t responsible for results!
Didn’t our Chairman state we had a premiership winning roster last year? I don’t think you’ll find them doing the above, simply because they won’t admit they are wrong.

Agree mate, internal reviews found they are great sports administrators , as long as you ignore the sport 😂
Ever since Justin Pascoe got his LegXercise, the walking simulation machine, as a gift from Sheenious, he can just sit back and relax whilst LegXercise does all the work.

Ever since Justin Pascoe got his LegXercise, the walking simulation machine, as a gift from Sheenious, he can just sit back and relax whilst LegXercise does all the work.
Haha, funny I got taught growing up that you jump in and help a 70 year old with the leg work.

Yeah that's crazy

I have said a million times over the last 20 years that the salary cap has been rorted and the teams at the bottom of the pile have been disadvantaged by a system that was designed to help them.

As I have always said the NRL is firmly controlled by a few self interested power brokers who have zero interest in the well being of the broader comp.

Mind you our mob and a few others certainly do very little to help themselves

It gets laughed off on numerous Fox shows. Why then don’t our club call it out?!
I worked on a point system a few years ago instead of a salary cap and got it pretty good for sh.ts and giggles

Every player who made there first grade debut was on 3 point and then and worked there way up to ten

Ten was a current origin and Australia player if only origin that year or Australia player was a nine if you are a club junior it's a two point reduction to the club that develops you also

Also if origin or Australia player in the last three years your a 8

And it went on the rating the year you sign your contract so if you sign on as a 5 if you play origin your a 5 to the club that sign you but a nine to the club that wants to sign you

That way the club can pay you what they want but can not go over the points cap

If you had played 50 fi4st grade games you become a 4

I worked on a point system a few years ago instead of a salary cap and got it pretty good for sh.ts and giggles

Every player who made there first grade debut was on 3 point and then and worked there way up to ten

Ten was a current origin and Australia player if only origin that year or Australia player was a nine if you are a club junior it's a two point reduction to the club that develops you also

Also if origin or Australia player in the last three years your a 8

And it went on the rating the year you sign your contract so if you sign on as a 5 if you play origin your a 5 to the club that sign you but a nine to the club that wants to sign you

That way the club can pay you what they want but can not go over the points cap

If you had played 50 fi4st grade games you become a 4
Yeah I recall you copped it pretty bad on here. I think it would be better than the status quo. NSWRL have adopted something like it.

I believe that is where it becomes problematic, I don't think a players value should be based off the number of games.
In NSWRL you are worth less points for tenure at the same club. The rules could be tweaked but something is required.

Back