NRL admits bunker mistake

Just got home from work and seen Annersley explaining this and now Im more mad than I was yesterday, if they don’t reverse the 2 points I’m done after 51 years of supporting the tigers since I was born in Leichhardt I’m done they can shove rugby league up their ass

A lot on here give it to Lee H but I just listening to his interview on 2GB and it just made me feel proud that someone at the club has had enough and sticking up for us fans.... He is taking this as far as he can and sounds like he is very confident..
TBH I don't care about the points but more the principal

We got ripped off, there is no doubt about that, but we scored 5 tries to 4, Doueihi kicked 3 from 6, Holmes kicked 5 from 5. If Doueihi had converted one of the 2 late tries, we win, we need a reliable goal kicker

Really? If you want to play that game then if Brooks hadn’t given a shit pass to Kelma and made a piss poor attempt of a tackle on Nanai we wouldn’t be in that position to begin with. But the reality is that Brooks mistakes didn’t cost us the game nor did AD conversions (which were damn hard kicks from the sideline btw).

The fact is that this is not on any of the players. For the first time in a while, just about all of played with effort and passion that hasn’t been seen since Madge was sacked. We won that game but it was stolen by an incompetent/corrupt official in the bunker.

So why could we have not counter challenged their kicker being over the line when he kicked the ball, that infringement would have been before our non infringement . Annesley has as much credibility as Trump
Tamou tried, Ref said he couldn't challenge it because the bunker cleared it

Reactions: 851
Something has to be brought up to the NRL in regards to Klein and Butler's positions as NRL referees, especially considering they've already had monumental howlers against the Tigers in the past. Butler deciding not to go upstairs for review after Leilua had clearly grounded the ball for a try against the Warriors, resulting in a loss by four points. We never even got an apology for that in the end from the NRL, we were only told how "upset" Butler was for not making the right call. Well, how upset is the muppet right now?

Shouldn't forget Klein also has a history of making shocking calls against the Tigers during crucial parts of the game. Who could forget Klein calling a penalty in GP against Brisbane a few years ago for markers being not square when replays showed they were actually on side. Referees are always lenient in GP when it comes to markers as they don't want to result in a game being decided by a simple offside. Not only did Klein completely disregard this a few years ago, but he got it completely wrong as the markers were in fact square. So is anyone going to approach the NRL in regards to this obvious bias that Klein has against the Tigers. It's not like he's simply getting 50/50 calls wrong against us, that would be fair enough. He is consistently getting blatant calls wrong in crucial parts of games that would only lead me to believe that he has some other vested interest leading him to always go against the Tigers. The Tigers should demand that the clown Klein never be allowed to referee a Tigers game again unless he learns to control his biases and stop bringing the game into disrepute like he's done countless times

Reactions: 851
You can challenge when there is a stoppage. The ref stops the play with first whistle, then ends the game with the second. The second whistle wasn't blown.
Can you challenge a changeover on the sixth takle? Is that a stoppage?

Something has to be brought up to the NRL in regards to Klein and Butler's positions as NRL referees, especially considering they've already had monumental howlers against the Tigers in the past. Butler deciding not to go upstairs for review after Leilua had clearly grounded the ball for a try against the Warriors, resulting in a loss by four points. We never even got an apology for that in the end from the NRL, we were only told how "upset" Butler was for not making the right call. Well, how upset is the muppet right now?

Shouldn't forget Klein also has a history of making shocking calls against the Tigers during crucial parts of the game. Who could forget Klein calling a penalty in GP against Brisbane a few years ago for markers being not square when replays showed they were actually on side. Referees are always lenient in GP when it comes to markers as they don't want to result in a game being decided by a simple offside. Not only did Klein completely disregard this a few years ago, but he got it completely wrong as the markers were in fact square. So is anyone going to approach the NRL in regards to this obvious bias that Klein has against the Tigers. It's not like he's simply getting 50/50 calls wrong against us, that would be fair enough. He is consistently getting blatant calls wrong in crucial parts of games that would only lead me to believe that he has some other vested interest leading him to always go against the Tigers. The Tigers should demand that the clown Klein never be allowed to referee a Tigers game again unless he learns to control his biases and stop bringing the game into disrepute like he's done countless times
Wasnt Butler vs Warriors it was the Ziggy guy and Annersley said he was very upset with his decision the poor guy

The Tab and other bookies have already paid out a huge amount for those who bet really big money on North Queensland to win the match. If it the ruling which occurred last night is overturned there is a huge likelihood that the betting agencies 1 is that the betting agencies would claim from the NRL all of the huge amount of money which they forked out to those who backed North Queensland. Of course there is another problem as to the betting agencies also claiming from NRL the money which would be needed to those who bet WEsts Tigers to win.

As you can see these are the real reasons why the NRL doesn't not want to give the two points to Wests tigers. Stand up Wests tigers and fight for your rights.

Thats for the Nrl to worry about and betting agencies should be the last thing on our minds.
Yes i agree though the Nrl will do everything it can to dance around this with zero integrity.

I saw the post that @jirskyr posted which said when you can do a captain's challege. I understand Annesley's POV that there was a stoppage, hence there could have been a captain's challenge. Anyway, the precedence has been set. This is the law from now on unless they change it.
Captain's challenges should only be permitted for decisions causing a stoppage where play is to be restarted, i.e. a penalty, line drop-out, scrum. The stoppage from the referee before full-time was not a stoppage resulting from a decision he had made, nor was it a stoppage which would result in a structured restart of play. Therefore, captain's challenge should not have been permitted at all.

You talk about precedent being set. Imagine the precedent of players now calling for a referee to blow a "short" whistle for a random stoppage of play after a tackle has been complete to captain's challenge the play before. Or would this only apply to the "short" whistle before fulltime? How would that work? You can only challenge the play before fulltime or halftime and not any other play before? So effectively, you're challenging the full time siren? Annesley misinterprets his own rules and should be sacked solely for the absolute bollocks he spewed in that press conference earlier today

How ? What can the club honestly do ? We as fans could go and riot. We as fans could quit watching footy. The club could state they won't play this season.

There is really no option to do anything at all about this.

If you have an option let me know but don't make this about the Tigers not having a set.

Yes we were ripped off but these types of comments where we are attacking Tigers management are completely absurd.
The Tigers could forfeit their remaining away games

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Something has to be brought up to the NRL in regards to Klein and Butler's positions as NRL referees, especially considering they've already had monumental howlers against the Tigers in the past. Butler deciding not to go upstairs for review after Leilua had clearly grounded the ball for a try against the Warriors, resulting in a loss of four points. We never got an apology for that in the end from the NRL, only were told how "upset" Butler was for not making the right call. Well, how upset is the muppet right now? Shouldn't forget Klein also has a past history of making shocking calls against the Tigers during crucial parts of the game. Who could forget Klein calling for a penalty in GP against Brisbane last year for markers being not square when replays showed they were actually on side. Referees are always lenient in GP when it comes to markers being onside as they don't want to result in a game being decided by a simple offside. Not only did Klein completely disregard this a few years ago, but he got it completely wrong as the markers were in fact square. So is anyone going to approach the NRL in regards to this obvious bias that Klein has against the Tigers. It's not like he's simply getting 50/50 calls against us, that would be fair enough. He is consistently getting blatant calls wrong in crucial parts of games that would only lead me to believe that he is a cheater who will always go against the Tigers. The Tigers should demand that the clown Klein never be allowed to referee a Tigers game again unless he learns to control his biases and stop bringing the game into disrepute like he's done countless times
Ashley Klein also allowed Manly to play out a full set after the halftime siren which led to a try at Leichhardt in 2014. Officials will make mistakes, but stuff ups like that simply don't happen in other sports.

The NRL have said their piece and they won’t be engaging with it further. They can’t even apologise because it was a human error and that is not something you need to apologise for according to Mr. Annesley.

The next question people need to be asking is why have the rules become so complicated that even the most senior referee needs to be sat down with and told why he got a decision wrong. That is a massive concern for the game in my mind

One positive that may well come of this is it might just galvanise the team. For the players to have to suffer the NRL's 'mistake' after a monumental winning effort may just be a psychological turning point.
The other positive, apparent to me, is the club from the very top to the bottom has been unified by their response to this NRL stuff up.
None of that excuses the poor handling of this by the NRL however.

The Tigers could forfeit their remaining away games

Should we do this ? The fans miss out. Personally I'm not a fan and it feels like a sooky dummy spit but at the same time I get it. It was atrocious officiating.

I'm honestly still in a bit of shock at how bad that was. It was so extreme.

Who was that Balmain player who took his situation against the rugby league body of the time to court. It was a milestone change that he won in court and it changed rugby league rulings.

I think that's a pretty good explanation:

1. First whistle is always to stop play as the ref was told the time has elapsed, then usually the second whistle will indicate game over.
2. The captain's challenge was done after the first whistle and the second whistle was never blown so it is considered a 'stoppage' but game isn't over until the ref blows the second whistle.

As for the call itself, when I saw it in normal speed, I thought it was a 50/50. The more replays suggested it may have been a 40-60. Definitely not enough to overturn the decision.

No issues with the process IMO, definitely a bit of gamesmanship and smartness by Townsend/Feldt.
You are a troll or 1% of the league community who truly believe what you are saying.

Surely the only reason for a structured restart in this instance was if there was a penalty, if there was no infringement then there was not a restart at all as the game was over. This is what the NRL are claiming was their justification for allowing a challenge. Haven’t they now opened up that you can challenge anything that may cause a restart, which was what the rule was supposed to stop?

Who was that Balmain player who took his situation against the rugby league body of the time to court. It was a milestone change that he won in court and it changed rugby league rulings.
Dennis Tutty. That was a contracts dispute I think. He won.

Back