NRL. Anti-Vaxers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@formerguest said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520790) said:
Quite amazing that at morning tea time the next day for many, we still have a government contemplating sending Djokovic home despite a court ruling.

Are you Anthony Albanese ?

Personally I think they cocked up Djokovic and I'd love to see them send him home.

Maybe a good question to you is do you have principles that you stand by despite politics or do you just jump on any anti-liberal agenda ?

@paul-wright said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520792) said:
Scamo is still trying to work out how many more votes he is liable to get if he cracks down hard.Whatever poling suggests is the most popular outcome is the way he goes.

His problem is that he isn't a leader. He just goes with the most popular at the time decision. Still I heard a labour politician talking this morning and he couldn't even give an opinion if Djokovic should be sent home.

I don't get politics.

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520793) said:
Quite amazing that at morning tea time the next day for many, we still have a government contemplating sending Djokovic home despite a court ruling.

Are you Anthony Albanese ?

Personally I think they [censored]ed up Djokovic and I'd love to see them send him home.

Maybe a good question to you is do you have principles that you stand by despite politics or do you just jump on any anti-liberal agenda ?

To be honest I think most people (including me) doubt that Djokovic actually ever had Covid in December.
That's why people are up in arms.
Think about it.
The world's most famous anti-vaxxer, a bloke that has the world press following his every move daily, catches Covid and NOBODY knows or reports it.
Nobody notices he is in isolation or has cancelled his well mapped out life.
Seems the only two who knew are the respected professor and eminent physician who signed off on it, from his home country, where he is considered one level above God.
:confused:

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520795) said:
Scamo is still trying to work out how many more votes he is liable to get if he cracks down hard.Whatever poling suggests is the most popular outcome is the way he goes.

His problem is that he isn't a leader. He just goes with the most popular at the time decision. Still I heard a labour politician talking this morning and he couldn't even give an opinion if Djokovic should be sent home.

I don't get politics.

And that is exactly why the public is fed the pictures from a private photographer that you and I are paying for. Because most "don't get" it and as such are fooled by it. Some won't even notice his choice or flavour of meals are to 'curry' favour with particular race/s.

I am consistent on my political thoughts, particularly relating to covid as you can see by my posts on the Liberal Premiers Gutwein and Marshall during this pandemic. Even Gladys, who should have long resigned over corruption matters was a somewhat steadying influence in relation to covid in NSW, despite the pressures of Perrottet as treasurer and his powerful wing wanting to basically ignore health even back them.

People across the nation and especially health and other lowly paid essential workers are unnecessarily suffering as a result of political decisions. Who else should we blame?

@formerguest said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520798) said:
People across the nation and especially health and other lowly paid essential workers are unnecessarily suffering as a result of political decisions. Who else should we blame?

Australia has done really well in this pandemic in a comparison of countries across the world. I think it's pretty unfair to blame the Liberal party for this pandemic.

We've also had a pretty amazing support system in place.

The picture definitely isn't as black and white as you portray.

I used to hate the idea of 'letting it rip', but given how mild omacron seems to be I think that's our only choice. It's not sustainable to have half the country in isolation.

I believe in people who spend most of their lives researching, practicing and redeveloping strategies to combat infectious diseases - viruses.
When I looked at the credentials of the members of ATAGI and ICEG groups [and there's a lot more] I was amazed.
Most are either professors or people with credentials as long as your arm.
If they collectively advise me to get boosted, I'll do it.
Not because I'm a robot but a responsible adult.
If the goal posts change, then I'll be wanting to know what they want us to do to protect all of us.
If one infected person can potentially infect say over a dozen people in an hour what would the world death rate be now if there was no vaccine.

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520814) said:

Australia has done really well in this pandemic in a comparison of countries across the world. I think it's pretty unfair to blame the Liberal party for this pandemic.

True and I have never stated otherwise. We have though a leader that muddies the waters constantly and right through from stating that vaccination should be compulsory on a friendly radio station, to then supporting the "understandably" upset anti-vaxers protesting in Victoria.

Facts though show that almost if not all beneficial Covid support systems, were both initially fought against by the federal government and such programs were suggested by the opposition and worker's representatives.

Compare all of this political reaction to Covid and that of the GFC response, which was world leading despite being fought against tooth and nail by the current mob, to the now totally different environment. One privileged through near total bipartisanship on effective policy this time around and not being relentlessly attacked by sections of the media.

@formerguest said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520818) said:
We have though a leader that muddies the waters constantly and right through from stating that vaccination should be compulsory on a friendly radio station, to then supporting the “understandably” upset anti-vaxers protesting in Victoria.

I'm not a fan of the guy. I think he plays both sides way too often. The way he didn't state anything negative about Trump whereas Boris Johnston comes out and says something. They are both conservative leaders.

I can understand his position a bit though. You are there to represent the people. Put it this way though I don't think he will ever be considered a great leader.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520751) said:
@inbenjiwetrust said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520746) said:
@formerguest said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520741) said:
Having been found to have legally met his visa requirements by the courts, it is time for our government to apologise and let Djokovic ride the wave that our leader created.

How ridiculous is it to stop someone who has had the virus and currently negative from entering your country when you created the environment that has it awash with the virus and dozens to be dying by the day.

Correct, with their petulant behaviour, the Feds and State governments destroyed all the trust in the law and lawful process. And the sad thing is that there is no opposition from the ALP/Greens/Human rights crowd!

It is disgusting by our government. I’m embarrassed to be an Australian. If the immigration minister exercises his power of discretion to cancel his visa, it clearly is a personal attack on the djoker.

Especially so as he was almost certainly used as a distraction for another failure playing out and indeed disgusting.

![Screenshot_20220110-231850_Gallery.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1641853233619-screenshot_20220110-231850_gallery-resized.jpg)

Showing off his latest Red Herring.

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520820) said:
We have though a leader that muddies the waters constantly and right through from stating that vaccination should be compulsory on a friendly radio station, to then supporting the “understandably” upset anti-vaxers protesting in Victoria.

I'm not a fan of the guy. I think he plays both sides way too often. The way he didn't state anything negative about Trump whereas Boris Johnston comes out and says something. They are both conservative leaders.

I can understand his position a bit though. You are there to represent the people. Put it this way though I don't think he will ever be considered a great leader.

Definitely not. The trouble is that we likely have double the number of anti-vaxers than we would have had if a good leader was in place.

Also, not only much less of those people in hospital and dying as a result of his politicking, but less the like of our forum mate TT falling deep down those rabbit holes that led them there.

@cobarcats said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520817) said:
I believe in people who spend most of their lives researching, practicing and redeveloping strategies to combat infectious diseases - viruses.
When I looked at the credentials of the members of ATAGI and ICEG groups [and there's a lot more] I was amazed.
Most are either professors or people with credentials as long as your arm.
If they collectively advise me to get boosted, I'll do it.
Not because I'm a robot but a responsible adult.
If the goal posts change, then I'll be wanting to know what they want us to do to protect all of us.
If one infected person can potentially infect say over a dozen people in an hour what would the world death rate be now if there was no vaccine.

I basically agree with this. I'd add all the medical staff, universities, scientific institutions etc all contribute to our current knowledge of medicine.

The kicker though to me is the data. You can fake small biased studies. You can't fake massive reams of data that consistently provide the same picture.

The data recently that showed about 1/2 of the COVID cases in ICU were unvaxxed is just another instance of how black and white this issue is.

https://aci.health.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0006/698388/20220104-COVID-19-Monitor.pdf

>COVID-19 patients in intensive care units (ICUs), as at 2 Jan
>Percentage who were unvaccinated 48.4%
>Percentage who were fully vaccinated 50.5%

I hate needles and I will stop taking booster shots at some point. I heard a doctor/scientist that works for John Hopkins University state recently that once you are vaccinated you are pretty safe. Sure it's not perfect but you've put the odds massively in your favor.

If the data changes I'll change my assessment.

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520814) said:

Earl, I agree with you. The Government is caught in an evolving situation that has no precedent.
They saved our country by putting their hands in their pockets quickly and deeply.
To be critical of them is a tad unfair. Compared to the rest of the civilised world, we did just fine.

@formerguest said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520824) said:

Definitely not. The trouble is that we likely have double the number of anti-vaxers than we would have had if a good leader was in place.

Also, not only much less of those people in hospital and dying as a result of his politicking, but less the like of our forum mate TT falling deep down those rabbit holes that led them there.

To be fair that rabbit hole is caused largely by the internet, not by domestic politicians. And despite their noise, the number of anti-vaxxers in Australia is miniscule compared to other parts of the world - look at the US and Europe. We have one of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

@tilllindemann said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520833) said:

To be fair that rabbit hole is caused largely by the internet, not by domestic politicians. And despite their noise, the number of anti-vaxxers in Australia is miniscule compared to other parts of the world - look at the US and Europe. We have one of the highest vaccination rates in the world.

I was going to state the same thing. If anything Australia has been less effected than the rest of the world.

@earl said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520321) said:
@joelcainenumber1fan said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520303) said:
@trentrunciman said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520300) said:
@tiger_fanatic3 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520299) said:
![Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 3.23.38 pm.png](/assets/uploads/files/1641529424505-screen-shot-2022-01-07-at-3.23.38-pm.png)

Aaahh good old Novaxx. Almost as bad as Domicron Perrotet

i was surprised they gave him the all clear in the first place
btw djokovic had covid twice and hes still mostly unbeatable and hes 35 :O

I was thinking about this. Since he has had it twice he is probably as immune to getting it as any I doubly vaxxed person.

****Here is the thing though. The unvaxxed are causing about 1/2 the case load in hospitals and those people are 5% of the population. So those 5% are causing 1/2 the work for society in relation to COVID.****

Novak and his family appear as sane as the anti-vaxxers on here:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaTbydOPBmU

They are a loud obnoxious uneducated drain on society. I don't see why we should play their games.

can u link me to where it says this ???? i cant find any figures on whos the ones dying in the hospital if there vaxed or un-vaxed

Yes, and no doubt it is, yet also has been and continues to be affected by our leaders. The US prevalent at both political and the internet search/social media fronts.

As for the "let it rip" approach, for mine it is was always the wrong option. Not that changes should never be made in response to relevant conditions, moreso that relativity light restrictions such as those removed on 15 December were and would continue to have good effect on the situation.

Not going to stop it by any means, but enough to keep it under some control and avoiding the tipping points we are seeing worsen. If there was basically no Delta in the community prior to the changes something less restrictive might have been closer towards a viable option.

@formerguest said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520853) said:

Yes, and no doubt it is, yet also has been and continues to be affected by our leaders. The US prevalent at both political and the internet search/social media fronts.

As for the "let it rip" approach, for mine it is was always the wrong option. Not that changes should never be made in response to relevant conditions, moreso that relativity light restrictions such as those removed on 15 December were and would continue to have good effect on the situation.

Not going to stop it by any means, but enough to keep it under some control and avoiding the tipping points we are seeing worsen. If there was basically no Delta in the community prior to the changes something less restrictive might have been closer towards a viable option.

I mightn't have been clear, I think opening up in December was a mistake. But now that the cat is out of the bag with tens of thousands of daily infections, it's too late to try and close the stable door, to mix metaphors. Letting omicron loose to displace delta might be a blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back