NRL. Anti-Vaxers..

Status
Not open for further replies.
@magpies1963 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521610) said:
@strongee said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521607) said:
@swag_tiger said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521597) said:
@magpies1963 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521588) said:
@tilllindemann said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520816) said:
I used to hate the idea of 'letting it rip', but given how mild omacron seems to be I think that's our only choice. It's not sustainable to have half the country in isolation.

I crossed into Qld the day after the border was opened to people with a vax pass, to visit family.
Most people up there just love their Premier for keeping their state nearly Covid free for as long as she did.
After being in the habit of wearing a mask for so long I continued to do that when I was out and about amongst people, but 99% of Qlders weren't. They felt free and happy
Once entry to Qld was relaxed Covid numbers starting going up immediately.
With the border now being open to everyone, Covid is just as bad there now as anywhere.
It certainly seems eventual herd immunity is the only way for us to go, but many will die from Covid along the way.
A big majority will be from the old farts like me group and unfortunately those from the lower socio-economic groups, and imo the unvaxed.

The issue with that is when a new variant comes which is extremely likely to happen. The immunity to the old variant may not work. E.g. people who have caught Delta and still catching Omicron. Effectively making the immunity rule start from scratch.

That’s not entirely true though . If the large portion of society are vaccinated , which they are , and the vaccinations are effective , then the virus by it’s very nature has no alternative but to mutate . But because of the vaccinations , it now evolves into a weaker strain .
Eg. Omnicron. It’s far weaker but way more contagious .
The real issue is the fascination with case numbers , and how we’ve all been trained to think this is a huge thing .
We are up around the 100-200k a day now in NSW (sorry those case numbers reported are straight bull crap) , and still low in deaths and ICU numbers .
I’ve had it . Just got over it . Gonna have a cough for months I think . But apart from a day with hot sweats , and a weeks worth of arguments with the family , it’s a bit of a non event .
I’m going to attribute that to the vaccine. I have to right ?
In my opinion , we all have to die of something , and regardless of your political stance on this , we can’t live in a bubble anymore.
Not can we wrap the ones we live in a bubble as well .
I’m not trying to lecture anyone , or anything , but whilst I vehemently disagree with the anti vax , I understand how they got there.
I used to climb towers for a living . And the reality is when your hanging there at 50m plus , you just have to forget about it , and get on with it .
I’d done my checks , had the right safety gear , so what else could I do ?
And to me that’s the key to all this . We do our checks , use the masks in small areas , wash up, get your vax , and that’s all you can do .
Living in fear is not living at all . .
Sorry about the rant .

Not a rant at all @Strongee
Your post was filled with common sense :+1:

It was a lot longer than I intended . I do that way too much . Also just to add to my post, I’m actually terrified of heights , to a biological level . I used to freeze out of nowhere . So it wasn’t like I was gung-ho or anything . If anything the opposite .

@magpies1963 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521574) said:
I sincerely hope you ‘dont’ get Covid, but if you unfortunately do, please keep the WT Forum up to date with how you are coping.

It may at times be difficult to keep the forum updated from the Intensive Care Unit as there may be more pressing matters to attend to like trying to breathe.

@hank37w said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521655) said:
@magpies1963 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521574) said:
I sincerely hope you ‘dont’ get Covid, but if you unfortunately do, please keep the WT Forum up to date with how you are coping.

It may at times be difficult to keep the forum updated from the Intensive Care Unit as there may be more pressing matters to attend to like trying to breathe.
[/QUOTE]

@hank37w :+1 said:
Once that breathing stops, it probably means yuh buggered :anguished: .

You know @magpies1963, you could be right.

By the way where are you up to with your big trip, any developments?

@hank37w said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521697) said:
You know @magpies1963, you could be right.

By the way where are you up to with your big trip, any developments?

G'day @hank37w
Thanks for remembering :hugging_face: and asking re my BIG trip around Aussie.
I was within a couple of days of having everything ready to go.
I had purchased a brand new "Outdoor Connection Aria Elite 2 Air Pole Technology" tent to live in, along with all the other necessary bits and pieces. Only thing I needed was a good pair of walking/hiking boots from @mike.
What I couldn't fit in the Forester was going into storage.
Then...something family related [and Covid] popped up which has put an extended dent in my plans, so much so that 'my life' is on hold atm.
I placed a $1000 deposit on a VW Transporter 4 Motion lwb high roof with the BIG motor during July 2021 with the intention of having it fitted out as a camper van by Drifta in Gloucester.
The VW is supposed to be ready for delivery during March this year.
But the way things are going with the Add Blue sitch [and my life in general] I may have to cancel that order.
Have a great day :relaxed: Hank and please stay Covid safe.

>@magpies1963 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521588):

G'day Magpie,
This is one post that i will not be upvoting😀 for the reason, when you said this,

>but many will die from Covid along the way.
A big majority will be from the old farts like me

We would all be hoping that you stick around here for a lot lot longer and help us to stay sane.

I wish you many more years of good health and happiness, and thanks for showing us so much commitment of honesty and friendlyness.

Novak Djokovic is gone, adios, arrivederci, au revoir,
Sayonara.
Good tennis player apparently,
Do svidaniya, annyeong, auf wiedersehen

@cobarcats said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521796) said:
Sayonara.

Szia

@tiger5150 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521797) said:
@cobarcats said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1521796) said:
Sayonara.

Szia

Hungarian like see ya hee hee

Watch the anti-vaxxers use this to say the Government is silencing him because he's knows the truth about the vaccine and the government are trying to hide something.

@leichhardtjunior said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520268) said:
@supercoach said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1520224) said:
Iam 100% behind getting vaxed and this is based on medical science.
I also don’t understand how people are against the vax, BUT I do agree everyone should have a choice.

What I do find strange is their are anti Vaxers who are willing to pop a pill at a party with no idea what the pill has in it, inject Botox into their bodies, take steroids and other substances to build up their muscles, eat products without having any idea what is in these foodstuffs and eat fast foods laced with chemical preservatives.

I remember when the wearing of seatbelts were made law, their was a out cry from a few and some people rejected the idea. Many years on I think 99% of people don’t even think about not putting a seat belt on.

Anyway everyone has a choice and it’s their choice

???
Now all antivaxxers (the term agreed upon by the ignorant majority of tools on this forum for everyone who doesn’t agree with THESE mRNA vaccines ?) are also ‘pill popping, Botox injecting, roid raging, fast food junkies, who don’t wear seat belts.!!!
Now THATS a conspiracy ???
You people are ridiculous

Those of you who refuse to do anything to aid this country to live with this pandemic should be left to die on the streets like fish plucked out of the ocean.
Your thorough ignorance and selfishness should not be rewarded with hospital beds.
What would he know?
He carried on a treat doing his 14 days last year and has gone to court twice this year.
Ban the clown for 3 years and deny his platform.

From the Israelis. The vaccine does jack to stop the spread of Omicron. This needs to now be treated like a flu and the season should not be disrupted. No more lockdowns

New vaccines that do a far better job against Omicron are not far off release, and the push for vaccination is about keeping the health system operational instead of having hundreds of ICU beds needlessly filled up with Covid pneumonia pts.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1522273) said:
From the Israelis. The vaccine does jack to stop the spread of Omicron. This needs to now be treated like a flu and the season should not be disrupted. No more lockdowns

They're up to their 2nd booster now I think and experts are saying symptoms are far less damaging after being boosted, so I've read, I'm no expert.
I just had my booster and I feel safer now because I have a bad ticker and asthma.
This thread should have stayed as COVID, anti-vax makes it a us v them and emotions run wild.
I too have been over reactive in this topic.
Everyone has a right to choose what want to do with their bodies as long as it doesn't jeopardise other people's health.
Most people who I know who are anti-vaxers are young people, my cousin being one.
Just an observation.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1522272) said:
https://unherd.com/thepost/israeli-vaccine-chief-we-have-made-mistakes/

Debate is over mate.

@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1522338) said:

Debate is over mate.
Sorry mate, the debates not over until all Australians first and foremost are safe, especially the vulnerable, the elderly, the sick, immune deficiency people ie diabetics.
At the moment the medical experts in Australia have advised me to get boosted and take the necessary precautions.
Unfortunately for the anti-vaxers argument the virus doesn't infect just healthy people with good immune systems.
Your probably right, I should tell my sick spouse to play Russia Roulette and go out partying.
Not being a smarty pants champ, what advice would you give me and my wife who who have been advised by our doctors and surgeons to take every precaution not to contract any respiratory illness.
?

@cobarcats said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1522367) said:
@jirskyr said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1522338) said:

Debate is over mate.
Sorry mate, the debates not over until all Australians first and foremost are safe, especially the vulnerable, the elderly, the sick, immune deficiency people ie diabetics.
At the moment the medical experts in Australia have advised me to get boosted and take the necessary precautions.
Unfortunately for the anti-vaxers argument the virus doesn't infect just healthy people with good immune systems.
Your probably right, I should tell my sick spouse to play Russia Roulette and go out partying.
Not being a smarty pants champ, what advice would you give me and my wife who who have been advised by our doctors and surgeons to take every precaution not to contract any respiratory illness.
?

You probably need to read some of @jirskyr other posts on this topic.

@cobarcats said in [NRL\. Anti\-Vaxers\.\.](/post/1522367) said:
👍

Sorry it's hard to work out - is this your post to me? It got quoted within my previous post.

"Debate is over" means it's no longer a discussion what we need to do as individuals and a community to combat COVID to the best of our collective ability. It also means some 95% of eligible people have been vaccinated and not only is the professional expert health advice clear and concrete, the overwhelming majority of Australians have followed the advice.

To put that in context, the biggest referendum carried in Australia to date was to give Indigenous Australians the vote in 1967 - carried with 90.77% of the vote. The gay marriage survey was 61.6%. The Brexit Leave vote was 51.89%. The Scottish Independence vote was defeated 55.3%. Apart from climate change you'll not see such an overwhelming majority of consensus in the public debate for the rest of your life.

Anyone who wants to argue in the contrary is wasting their time and my time, because the debate is over. Get your shots, take as many precautions as possible, be extremely mindful of the elderly, infirm, immunocompromised, health and age facilities. Be mindful of the burden on our hospitals and health workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back