NSW Cup Team List: Round 21

Staines really showing his worth as a backup fullback. Looks way better than any option we have behind Laurie atm.

Tupou has had no urgency all game...similar to the start of the year.

He would’ve clocked over 200mtrs, a few line breaks, got out of the ingoal beating 3 players and setup a try or 2. His speed is a large asset.

He looks to be a decent fullback option.

Absolutely appalling...it is like they do not even know each other.

Tuki = slowest, most unfit bloke in state cup...how on earth did he get an NRL deal.

Jake and Jacob = either both have stopped caring, or they have regressed to the point of not even standing out at this level.

Tumeth = needs another year and ten kilos.

Tupou = shocking game. 4 times he lost one on one wrestles with a small state cup opponent. Needs a LOT more strength.

Reilly bog average...how on earth did he get an NRL deal.

Did Sione Fainu even play? I thought I spotted him for a moment...three year deal?!?! How...

ONLY player with any heart was Aitasi James...deserves a run on the NRL bench at some point.

Tuki = slowest, most unfit bloke in state cup...how on earth did he get an NRL deal.

Jake and Jacob = either both have stopped caring, or they have regressed to the point of not even standing out at this level.

Tupou = shocking game. 4 times he lost one on one wrestles with a small state cup opponent. Needs a LOT more strength.

Did Sione Fainu even play? I thought I spotted him for a moment...three year deal?!?! How...

ONLY player with any heart was Aitasi James...deserves a run on the NRL bench at some point.
We have far too many players on Nrl deals that are bog average questionable reserve graders at best. How has Reilly got an Nrl deal before even a game of reserve grade. That is shocking

Liddle has been worse today

It’s a strange setup as 1st half Jake was Hooker & Liddle lock, 2nd half they swapped around.

Don’t understand the logic.
Coach wanting to please both rather than win the match?

wouldn't be too hard on the boys. Men v boys out there.

most if the team will not be here next year if we can off load them

its what happens at a shit club

Agree

On Jake - he tackled everything, at one point he made 4 tackles in a row and was then doing a cover tackle on a Panthers player who scored because no one else was defending on the edge. In saying that in the 1st 40mins he looked lost and then at lock he looked even worse.

The team is deadset hopeless & very badly coached. Fitness is the worst I have seen for a long time.

Many of my thoughts too @ElleryHanley

After the first 20 mins, I thought we were going to have a decent crack then the wheels fell off with poor ruck defence, errors, penalties & lack of leadership & energy.

Tupou - seems lost on the wing, obviously all an education for him but one thing is for certain he needs to develop strength in his 1-on-1 tackling & get in the wrestling ring in the offseason because some of his efforts were Ron Massey Cup standard.

Reilly - did some good things in both A and D & a couple of poor tackles.

Tumeth - was ok without being involved a lot. Almost scored a try with a strong run but lost ball in the contact.

Fainu - some ok runs but at least one bad miss in defence which led to a try

Simpkin - worked hard but some bad misses in defence.

Liddle - terrible. I just hope this hasn't ruined our chances of another Club picking up his contract. Titans & Dragons are the hopes.

One positive was Aitasi James who continues to make metres in attack & lead the defensive line.

I think in NSW Cup this season we are a victim of having too many players one season out of Flegg playing against more seasoned campaigners & our team today just generally lacked energy, leadership & enthusiasm. Unfortunately neither Simpkin or Liddle led from the front & I think their papers are stamped.

We need to draw a line in the sand and make no more 'project' recruitment decisions like Tristan Reilly & Sione Fainu - I hope I am proven wrong and they both come on in leaps-and-bounds with a solid preseason.

Zane Camroux - I was hoping but just don't think he will cut it (similar to Ben Stevanovic).

Agree

On Jake - he tackled everything, at one point he made 4 tackles in a row and was then doing a cover tackle on a Panthers player who scored because no one else was defending on the edge. In saying that in the 1st 40mins he looked lost and then at lock he looked even worse.

The team is deadset hopeless & very badly coached. Fitness is the worst I have seen for a long time.
he was playing half back in the second half after the jet went off the no 7 went to centre thats how much you peanuts take notice

Many of my thoughts too @ElleryHanley

After the first 20 mins, I thought we were going to have a decent crack then the wheels fell off with poor ruck defence, errors, penalties & lack of leadership & energy.

Tupou - seems lost on the wing, obviously all an education for him but one thing is for certain he needs to develop strength in his 1-on-1 tackling & get in the wrestling ring in the offseason because some of his efforts were Ron Massey Cup standard.

Reilly - did some good things in both A and D & a couple of poor tackles.

Tumeth - was ok without being involved a lot. Almost scored a try with a strong run but lost ball in the contact.

Fainu - some ok runs but at least one bad miss in defence which led to a try

Simpkin - worked hard but some bad misses in defence.

Liddle - terrible. I just hope this hasn't ruined our chances of another Club picking up his contract. Titans & Dragons are the hopes.

One positive was Aitasi James who continues to make metres in attack & lead the defensive line.

I think in NSW Cup this season we are a victim of having too many players one season out of Flegg playing against more seasoned campaigners & our team today just generally lacked energy, leadership & enthusiasm. Unfortunately neither Simpkin or Liddle led from the front & I think their papers are stamped.

We need to draw a line in the sand and make no more 'project' recruitment decisions like Tristan Reilly & Sione Fainu - I hope I am proven wrong and they both come on in leaps-and-bounds with a solid preseason.

Zane Camroux - I was hoping but just don't think he will cut it (similar to Ben Stevanovic).
Yeah Tumeth bombed a certain try all he had to do was pass the ball

Appreciate the updates.

Been at work all day.
Couldn't watch.

Sounds like another disappointment.

Members online

Back