One of the things (amongst many) we lack

Our whole team lacks mongrel, aggression, tenacity.
We need players like Gagai and JWH at their prime.
Players who fight for every metre, put sting into their tackles, run as fast and hard as they can and most of all they are absolutely filthy if they don't win every play, not just the game but every play!
That's what made Tedesco so good. He fought for centimetres.

I think it’s more about desire and effort than speed. It’s pushing up with the ball and players in motion, not guys sitting out of the play and watching their teammates.

I think what we lack is "going above and beyond".

They all want success, they all want to win games but they are not ruthless towards that. They want to do "enough" to keep their place. It's good enough if you're a regular Joe working your 9-5 but these guys are 0.001% of the millions of kids playing Rugby League. It's such a throwaway line but there's no 'pride in performance'.

It comes down to who you surround yourselves with. Unfortunately, Sheens is the type of person who values skill way more than he does training discipline/hard work so I don't see this trend changing.

I was only thinking today that one of the major differences between the top teams and the bottom teams is intelligence. Melbourne, Roosters etc get the smart ones and WT are left with more basic players.

We have way too many brain farts in this squad for it to be a coincidence.

Seriously, does this club not to do any sort of tactical/game management workshops through out the week with the coaching staff and team for games...? like real basic stuff is not even done correctly...

We have way too many brain farts in this squad for it to be a coincidence.

Seriously, does this club not to do any sort of tactical/game management workshops through out the week with the coaching staff and team for games...? like real basic stuff is not even done correctly...

Just talk about what it takes to win a game.

Members online

Back