OPEN LETTER TO FANS FROM SIMON DWYER

@adamtiger said:
@black and white tiger said:
@adamtiger said:
good luck with teh surgery simon if its at RNSH it may be the same nerve surgeon that did my operation her name was kurshwind ( dont know how to spell it) at the time she was was the best at nerve grafting in australia from memory.

Hope you dont mind me asking Adamtiger, but was your operation a success.

Good luck Simon, will see you back on the field soon.

my op was done almost 9 years ago now I was only 15 at the time and technology has gone a far way in the alst decade… if I were a rugby league player I dont think my operation would let me come back and play my movement prob is 90% normal it is a little tighter then what it was and my strength only came back I rekon about 50-65% i lost all my muscle behind my shoulder and lost most of my muscle above my peck but the side of it came back okay i think.... what I dont get though they cut the nerve out of your side foot (well they did at the time) and if those nerve grafts arnt enough they will cut the nerves from your calf muscle, they remove that, detach your peck and thread the nerve through ( again how they used to do it )now i dont know, they
had to cut into my calf whihc makes it hard to build my calf now, but all depends of the internal damage and how much grafting they need. so if they go into his calf will his leg be strong enough to play? he should be okay but you just dont know until after the op, i had a hickup with mine because where the nerve was damaged it was part of the nerve going to my back, she couldnt cut that bad part of the nerve otherwise i
would be disabled she just hoped it would grow through the bad nerve endings but mine I dont think did, i think from memory i missed out from having a as new shoulder by mm.. but with simon just hoping where they are damaged is not in a tricky spot like mine...FINGERS CROSSED!!

Sorry to hear that Adamtiger, especially at such a young age.
Lets hope Simon's recovery is 100%. Of all the young players coming through the grades these days I honestly believed that Simon, if given the chance would have been one of the best players to ever pull on a weststigers jersey. Lets pray he still has the chance to achieve this.

Simons operation went better than planned. The road to recovery is the next challenge for Simon. With his determination and the support of family, friends, fans and West Tigers, this shouldn't be to hard for him. "Go get him Tiger".
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Kickme said:
Simons operation went better than planned. The road to recovery is the next challenge for Simon. With his determination and the support of family, friends, fans and West Tigers, this shouldn't be to hard for him. "Go get him Tiger".
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Great News for Simon
Take one day at a time champion work hard and you will succeed
Thanks for the updates Kick Me
Fingers Crossed

@Kickme said:
\
\
Thanks for the update, good news, keep it coming :supporter:

You do realise kickme only got the updates from the Paul Dwyer twitter?
\
\
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Sabre said:
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

As long as the information supplied is accurate…that's all that counts!...!...Good Luck to Simon...here's hoping he's back in 2013!. :sign:

@alexaki said:
@Sabre said:
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

As long as the information supplied is accurate…that's all that counts!...!...Good Luck to Simon...here's hoping he's back in 2013!. :sign:

Some of us don't use twitter (I know I'm a dinosaur)

The Operation Can be a success but still not get him back on the park…Hoping he makes it back but it could be 1 -2 years before we know if he can play again

Simon is doing well today, he has been up and about but still feeling the effect of the long operation. Gave him a leg, calf and heel massage today. I can pass on to his fans that Simon thanks everyone for their support and prayers.mtf
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Kickme said:
Simon is doing well today, he has been up and about but still feeling the effect of the long operation. Gave him a leg, calf and heel massage today. I can pass on to his fans that Simon thanks everyone for their support and prayers.mtf
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Great to here Take it one day at a time Simon Hang in there champion
Thanks again KickMe

@Kickme said:
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Great to hear Take it one day at a time Simon Hang in there champion
Thanks again KickMe

Staff online

Back