Opportunity missed

innsaneink

3rd minute in and I think we are caught on the last tackle on the far side of the field, a bit of a stink ensues, nothing much but its a turnover to manly with possesion.
Our line is set, Im waiting for the first manly grub to be smashed….however its a softish nothing tackle heighno & Galloway iirc.
We needed there to say something, all that to;ld manly was we dont really want it hard.
Rose shoved Woods later..... try ensues. Not saying both are directly related but in a way they are

Sheens can crap on all he wants about wanting bigger forwards :roll (what a joke that is) however if you dont have aggro, dont wanna mix it with the big boys, arent coached to make a statement with your defence then all you will have is a pack of giants who will look forward to the 80 min pleasantries.

spot on ink …..let em push you around and its all over ,, have a go back and its a different story ....

Sorry - but this is a stupid post. They played well.

Benji and Robbie didn't play well until the 2nd half but (& Robbie again had his poor moments) our forwards put in.

It was a great effort.

Manly were in the lead, and in control for the best part of an hour.
We went, wham, bam…thank you etc.
I'd prefer to play the big games from in front...thats my point you clearly missed.

Ellis, Marshall, Lawrence and yes LUI all played well. Everyone needs to get off Lui's back and remember he is only just turned 21 and should have played NYC all last year - he is developing nicely - i see what Sheen's see in him

@innsaneink said:
Manly were in the lead, and in control for the best part of an hour.
We went, wham, bam…thank you etc.
I'd prefer to play the big games from in front...thats my point you clearly missed.

Whatever.

Either I missed your point or you said something stupid. Guess which one was right ???

We kept our heads when we could have lost them in those two instances, got penalised and got smashed. we won. manly lost. hahahahaha

In fairness to the boys, they did bustle well….our line speed was great for most of the night....they didnt let Manly play their game at all...they never looked comfortable

We kept our heads when we could have lost them in those two instances, got penalised and got smashed. we won. manly lost. hahahahaha

...you can make a statement without losing your head, its called cotrolled agression.

I dont know why people cant see the difference between the feel & momentum of the game, how its flowing....and the result, two very different things

The Tigers didn't push back with aggro because back in the day whether a club side or the JV side the clubs were penalised often, even though the other side instigated it.

In general, I call it smart football.

I pray the tries were anomalies. Though I think Rose on Woods was a penalty

I am ecstatic with the win and as much as I tend to disagree with him Ink, is completely right. We were dominated by the beach pigeons for a good 55-60 minutes. By rights we deserved to lose the game by lack of attacking prowess and our pigs being completely trumped in the early tackles. We got pack hit and had no answer. We were lucky that we had a torrent of possession after our first points.

What I stand by are my remarks that Manly scored off one great play, and one terrible error by a young prop who thought the referees were going to be watching what happened after the PTB cleared. They capitalised of errors and a roll on. We capitalised on possession which is paramount.

@Cultured Bogan said:
I am ecstatic with the win and as much as I tend to disagree with him Ink, is completely right. We were dominated by the beach pigeons for a good 55-60 minutes. By rights we deserved to lose the game by lack of attacking prowess and our pigs being completely trumped in the early tackles. We got pack hit and had no answer. We were lucky that we had a torrent of possession after our first points.

What I stand by are my remarks that Manly scored off one great play, and one terrible error by a young prop who thought the referees were going to be watching what happened after the PTB cleared. They capitalised of errors and a roll on. We capitalised on possession which is paramount.

Exactly right

@Cultured Bogan said:

I rememeber years ago I think it was Robbie mears or maybe Senter, suckered in a marker in their 20 (Bris I think)….dummy half ran right past the guy worrying about Mears/senter to score.
Woods will learn there....get the guys number and hit him harder, later, in defense

@innsaneink said:
3rd minute in and I think we are caught on the last tackle on the far side of the field, a bit of a stink ensues, nothing much but its a turnover to manly with possesion.
Our line is set, Im waiting for the first manly grub to be smashed….however its a softish nothing tackle heighno & Galloway iirc.
We needed there to say something, all that to;ld manly was we dont really want it hard.
Rose shoved Woods later..... try ensues. Not saying both are directly related but in a way they are

Sheens can crap on all he wants about wanting bigger forwards :roll (what a joke that is) however if you dont have aggro, dont wanna mix it with the big boys, arent coached to make a statement with your defence then all you will have is a pack of giants who will look forward to the 80 min pleasantries.

Lol, u hammered me earlier in the year when i gave it to Galloway when the young Roosters front rower outplayed him, but u want to give it to Galloway over one tackle??????
Short memories

You were talking punching on one on one…im talking about a team making a statement in defense, can you tell the difference between the two???????
There is quite a bit, I have all weekend.

No no no, not just pucnhing one on one. I was talking about making a statenment….sound familiar?????

Go looking for the next 30 mins for my statement Ink, i know u will. Twist it all u want, but u know very well my comments were about Galloway stepping up…....now u say ur talking about a "team" making a statement, but in your "original" post u single out Heighno and Galloway......hardly a team...........

I agree with Ink. In the first few minutes, Glen Stewart came in 4th man in on Chris Lawrence just to swing a punch in his guts. It was a disgrace.

He should have been gang bashed on the spot.

Filthy dirty Mongrel.

Latest posts

Members online

Back