Origin 2023

That QLD bench is tough as.I reckon they’ll be sending Fifita at Luai all night.
If I’m NSW I’m matching Latrell up against The Hammer ,Latrell bullies blokes,especially someone smaller playing in his origin debut.
All I want to see is Api get through the series injury free.
Luai plays too far infield for Fifita to run at him. The only person on the field that stays closer to the sideline than Fifita is the touchie. Big strong bloke who flat out refuses to mix it up the middle, he should lick milk out of a saucer in the dressing sheds.

With Haas in doubt, I wonder if Stefano might get a call up.

Are guys like Tatola, RCG, Leota, Leniu, Jake T, even Mark Nicholls- I'd have them ahead of TPJ for sure but many of them in front of Stefano who has had a few good games recently but never played in a big match and definitely not consistently.

I don't see how Stefano or TPJ have proved they can play a better 40-50 minute game than the above players.

Are guys like Tatola, RCG, Leota, Leniu, Jake T, even Mark Nicholls- I'd have them ahead of TPJ for sure but many of them in front of Stefano who has had a few good games recently but never played in a big match and definitely not consistently.

I don't see how Stefano or TPJ have proved they can play a better 40-50 minute game than the above players.
Jake T injured.

Jake T injured and Leota ineligible for Origin (Kiwi)

RCG and Jake T injured.
Nicholls is 33 so age probably counted him out
Tatola Tonga, Leota and Leniu Kiwis

Depending what they want off the bench I guess.
As a starting Prop Klemmer would be better than Stef
As a Bench impact run hard style Stef ticks the boxes

Stef just turned 23 also, outside of Haas is probably the best young prop eligible for NSW currently running around. If Stef steps up and get him with Haas = 10yr front row locked in for 2 spots for NSW.

Stef also has hit form last 5 or so weeks averaging for the 1st time over 110mtrs a game, making tackle breaks and post contact meters are already double on last years total (comparative game total). His tackle efficiency is also above 95%. This season is turning into somewhat of a breakout year for him. Having Klem and Api around him whilst managing his body has been massive.

RCG and Jake T injured.
Nicholls is 33 so age probably counted him out
Tatola Tonga, Leota and Leniu Kiwis

Depending what they want off the bench I guess.
As a starting Prop Klemmer would be better than Stef
As a Bench impact run hard style Stef ticks the boxes

Stef just turned 23 also, outside of Haas is probably the best young prop eligible for NSW currently running around. If Stef steps up and get him with Haas = 10yr front row locked in for 2 spots for NSW.

Stef also has hit form last 5 or so weeks averaging for the 1st time over 110mtrs a game, making tackle breaks and post contact meters are already double on last years total (comparative game total). His tackle efficiency is also above 95%. This season is turning into somewhat of a breakout year for him. Having Klem and Api around him whilst managing his body has been massive.
Tatola and Leniu can still get picked for NSW, it's only Leota who's ineligible from the above list.

Luai plays too far infield for Fifita to run at him. The only person on the field that stays closer to the sideline than Fifita is the touchie. Big strong bloke who flat out refuses to mix it up the middle, he should lick milk out of a saucer in the dressing sheds.
Fashions his game off Olakau'atu...he's a cat too

Super excited for Origin night.

Gotta say the teams are even but I'd have so much more faith under the coaching of Slater, Smith and Hannay.

Back