Our Attack -Hooker

I think the team is generally gassed and saving their energy for defence. Early in both games we have faced a lot of adversity before gradually starting to win the ruck. That's why I give our attack a pass mark. Attack isn't just trys, is rolling upfield too, which we are doing well.

We were starting to gel before the 67 penalties leading to mats sinbinning. Plenty of improvement left in us but massive results that have bought us a bit of time in terms of really finding our groove.

Also played the best to defensive teams in the comp and beat them at there own game I think Reynolds will start from the bench for a few weeks out play Brooks and Brooks will be playing reggies and if no injuries Marshall and Reynolds will be the half combination Liddle will play 60 and Taylor the other 20 MCK will be the back on the bench who can cover the back row

So the Roosters and Storm have scored 30 plus in their other 2 games but only 8 points each against us.

They are both considered to be 2 of the best sides in the comp, if we don't score points against the Eels in round 4 than I would start to worry about the attack.

We could beat the Broncos 2 nil and I would be happy,

@ said:
@ said:
Said it a few times , we are playing footy far too far away from the ad line , we need to play closer to the line to create more pressure and to make the opposition have to make defensive decisions

At the moment the opposition has time to react to our attack , we need to change that

Our big weapons aren't being utilized with flat balls close to the line or in situations where defenders have to make decisions

Those weapons are Aloiai and Marsters (Lawrence also , but his hands get ugly when we play at the line )

The minute they become utilized oppositions will need to make decisions , that's when Brook's running game will become a weapon also

It might take a little time , but the defence is their and remember we have probably faced arguably the two best defensive sides in the comp

Your right but as you highlighted our ball runners don't have a good track record with their hands taking balls in traffic and our passes tend to throw plenty of flat passes forward. I guess its all about training drills and plenty of hard work. Manly were very good at it yesterday, but Parra have plenty of players who don't want to tackle

Something is up at Parramatta and I don't know what it is. Unless Jarryd Hayne has pissed everyone off there already… but that was way too fast.

Wondering if we could poach Manu Mau or someone else?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Said it a few times , we are playing footy far too far away from the ad line , we need to play closer to the line to create more pressure and to make the opposition have to make defensive decisions

At the moment the opposition has time to react to our attack , we need to change that

Our big weapons aren't being utilized with flat balls close to the line or in situations where defenders have to make decisions

Those weapons are Aloiai and Marsters (Lawrence also , but his hands get ugly when we play at the line )

The minute they become utilized oppositions will need to make decisions , that's when Brook's running game will become a weapon also

It might take a little time , but the defence is their and remember we have probably faced arguably the two best defensive sides in the comp

Your right but as you highlighted our ball runners don't have a good track record with their hands taking balls in traffic and our passes tend to throw plenty of flat passes forward. I guess its all about training drills and plenty of hard work. Manly were very good at it yesterday, but Parra have plenty of players who don't want to tackle

Something is up at Parramatta and I don't know what it is. Unless Jarryd Hayne has pissed everyone off there already… but that was way too fast.

Looks like a similar problem we have had in the past with certain players egos and they are getting belted up the middle.

They just threw the in the towel after 10 minutes also Moses abusing the ref no real surprise there.

I would strongly considering Brooks and Liddle sharing the 9 with reynolds at 6.

@ said:
I would strongly considering Brooks and Liddle sharing the 9 with reynolds at 6.

I’d be interested to see how brooks goes at hooker. Good be a good fit for his game by taking away some responsibility

@ said:
Godinet has been terrible both games.

Brooks needs to move to hooker. He's playing a nothing role in the halves and our play falls down most times Luke gets it. Very surprised he's getting so much praise for his game. Marshall is carrying us. Brooks moves to nine really improves 2 key areas IMO.

What and let Liddle go to another club and be a star.
When Liddle if fit he and Reynolds will be our Hookers, with Benji playing off the bench at 5/8.
Allowing another Prop/Second rower on the bench.

@ said:
Your dreaming if you think Benji is going back to the bench.

There is no way Benji will be going back to the bench. In spite of the early talk re Brooks taking control of the team, all the action has been Benji in control. I will be very surprised if his experience and leadership is simply sitting on the sideline.

At this point Benji is only here for this year
Reynolds is here for the next 4 years
Brooks and LIDDLE for this year and next
Reynolds will be in the starting side long term and was bought to play in the halves with Brookes
Not Hooker
As good a job as Benji is doing at the moment I can see him moving back to the bench in the # 17
This may allow him to keep playing on a little longer and he may just re-sign for another year
Liddle will have his chance this year and next and must step up to keep his position in the side long term
I think he will do well if he can stay injury free
If not we look for another Hooker
It is possible that Reynolds and Benji share the Halves roll with Brooks
As Ivan has said before
He may play all 3 at the same time
But I don't think it will be Liddles Expense

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Paul Kent claims they had a forty minute warm up and that was what beat them , they were finished before they started

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Paul Kent claims they had a forty minute warm up and that was what beat them , they were finished before they started

Close to forty degrees and a hot wind to boot and you run your players around for the equivalent of half a game, what the hell did they expect.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Maybe they can bring Farah back on 90k on an educational and feel good role.

Better than anybody else atm real fairytale stuff.

Farah will never have any association with this club in the future. No point suggesting it. It is not going to happen. He not only burned his bridges, but dug the channel deeper to make it impossible to rebuild the bridges.

Burnt bridges? Lol he was a club legend and was treated with complete disrespect by the club. He shouldn't come back it wouldn't feel like a feel good story at all. Besides we have Liddle. Teddy had huge raps on him.

Okay. If that is what you want to believe. Perhaps if you go and ask a few people in the club about his behaviour you will hear another side.

This could be correct when you judge how better they are performing this year than when he was captain - now wonder he had them walking on eggshells, maybe try blaming the coaching. The defence of Moses, Brooks and the whole team seems to have improved with different coaching, whether in WT or elsewhere. And Farah named and illustrated that point very well in that interview when he was demoted to reserves. Farah seemed smarter than the then coach.

Farah still played excellently in the World Cup he is still an 80 minute player who is holding up better than players 10 years lesser than himself. To continue playing in first grade to the end of his career and under much better circumstances at WT I could easily imagine him conforming to the great current culture that is WT.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Farah will never have any association with this club in the future. No point suggesting it. It is not going to happen. He not only burned his bridges, but dug the channel deeper to make it impossible to rebuild the bridges.

Burnt bridges? Lol he was a club legend and was treated with complete disrespect by the club. He shouldn't come back it wouldn't feel like a feel good story at all. Besides we have Liddle. Teddy had huge raps on him.

Okay. If that is what you want to believe. Perhaps if you go and ask a few people in the club about his behaviour you will hear another side.

This could be correct when you judge how better they are performing this year than when he was captain - now wonder he had them walking on eggshells, maybe try blaming the coaching. The defence of Moses, Brooks and the whole team seems to have improved with different coaching, whether in WT or elsewhere. And Farah named and illustrated that point very well in that interview when he was demoted to reserves. Farah seemed smarter than the then coach.

Farah still played excellently in the World Cup he is still an 80 minute player who is holding up better than players 10 years lesser than himself. To continue playing in first grade to the end of his career and under much better circumstances at WT I could easily imagine him conforming to the great current culture that is WT.

I Totally agree Byron. Let's bring him home.

@ said:
At this point Benji is only here for this year
Reynolds is here for the next 4 years
Brooks and LIDDLE for this year and next
Reynolds will be in the starting side long term and was bought to play in the halves with Brookes
Not Hooker
As good a job as Benji is doing at the moment I can see him moving back to the bench in the # 17
This may allow him to keep playing on a little longer and he may just re-sign for another year
Liddle will have his chance this year and next and must step up to keep his position in the side long term
I think he will do well if he can stay injury free
If not we look for another Hooker
It is possible that Reynolds and Benji share the Halves roll with Brooks
As Ivan has said before
He may play all 3 at the same time
But I don't think it will be Liddles Expense

I see your logic, but these are the 2 best games Benji has played back to back in at least 6 years and possibly 13 years as he has made good decisions for 80 minutes. If he is doing that at the end of this year then we worry about next year and if he thinks he can do it again, but physically and mentally he has 80 in him.

Plus he had no trials and will get fitter.

Good problem to have really.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

I can't!

Back