Our defence structure is terrible

Chipofftheoldblock

I cant take this anymore watching our outside backs make poor decisions in defence.
Nofo just needs to stay on his man to prevent the early in the 2nd half. Let the inside man slide across once the ball shifts.
If the instruction is for our wingers to rush up and jam in on 3 man in with inside players to cover, then this is the worst defence plan i have ever seen and also the result of so many tries being scored against us. I cant stand anymore seeing Richards jam in and rush up when a team is attacking in our 20m.

The best teams structure is good line speed, good space between defenders, great communication from inside out, staying square and not turning your hips in, staying composed and using the sideline as your extra defender.
We show none of that. No other team defends how we do. Something needs to change from a coaching and game plan POV.

@Chipofftheoldblock said:
I cant take this anymore watching our outside backs make poor decisions in defence.
Nofo just needs to stay on his man to prevent the early in the 2nd half. Let the inside man slide across once the ball shifts.
If the instruction is for our wingers to rush up and jam in on 3 man in with inside players to cover, then this is the worst defence plan i have ever seen and also the result of so many tries being scored against us. I cant stand anymore seeing Richards jam in and rush up when a team is attacking in our 20m.

The best teams structure is good line speed, good space between defenders, great communication from inside out, staying square and not turning your hips in, staying composed and using the sideline as your extra defender.
We show none of that. No other team defends how we do. Something needs to change from a coaching and game plan POV.

Looking for a job as a defensive coach?

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Do we have a defence structure cause you wouldn't notice

@Chipofftheoldblock said:

Richards never has a chance because if you notice Lawrence comes flying out of the line all the time and miss reads the attack and 99% of the time misses the tackle so of course Richards has to follow

Monkey - not all the time. Richards is at fault most of the time and if watch Nofo also does this. Kidwell believes if you put pressure on the blind side of the attacking receiver then they throw a bad pass or an error will come out of it.
Most times what happens is the attack is set really wide with decoy overloaded. Richards then makes a guess and rushes up to put pressure on the receiver. The inside men then need to follow behind Richards to cover.
It just doesnt work and we let in so many tries through this defence. Richards never did this at Wigan so this is a coaching game plan in play.

@monkey said:
Richards never has a chance because if you notice Lawrence comes flying out of the line all the time and miss reads the attack and 99% of the time misses the tackle so of course Richards has to follow

That second try was all Richards, he had no reason to be so far in-field, he was almost past Lawrence when he went in for the hit.

Latest posts

Back