Pangai Junior

@rihannafan1 said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417424) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417393) said:
@hsvjones said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417387) said:
@jc99 said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417377) said:
Brent Read is saying that TPJ is struggling to make his mind up about which club to join, Tigers or Bulldogs. They expected a decision yesterday but it hasn't come, could possibly happen today he reckons

Yes I have my fingers crossed as it would be massive for us. I just think with Gus joining it will tip there way :disappointed:

Gus joining the Bulldogs is good for them but we have Sheens back who is also a drawcard for us.
The fact this is getting drawn out sucks but at least we are for once a serious option. We have a heap of cap space this year, if we don’t use it - it’s lost. Pay him what he wants up this season (keep in mind he has been paid a chunk for the year already) and let’s get it done.

Is Sheens really a drawcard? He didn't exactly attract a ton of elite players when he was here last time, no matter how many players rated him as a coach.
Did Sheens have a full salary cap to spend?

@jadtiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417487) said:
@rustycage said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417480) said:
@mighty_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417429) said:
Brent Read is saying that TPJ is struggling to make his mind up about which club to join, Tigers or Bulldogs. They expected a decision yesterday but it hasn't come, could possibly happen today he reckons

Yes I have my fingers crossed as it would be massive for us. I just think with Gus joining it will tip there way :disappointed:

Gus joining the Bulldogs is good for them but we have Sheens back who is also a drawcard for us.
The fact this is getting drawn out sucks but at least we are for once a serious option. We have a heap of cap space this year, if we don’t use it - it’s lost. Pay him what he wants up this season (keep in mind he has been paid a chunk for the year already) and let’s get it done.

Is Sheens really a drawcard? He didn't exactly attract a ton of elite players when he was here last time, no matter how many players rated him as a coach.

I don’t know about that. Prince, Hodgo, Payten, Richards, Benji, Fatts, Ellis etc not a bad list. Sheens didn’t do a bad job recruitment wise he focused more on youth/juniors.

None of those were elite players prior to coming over to WT.

Ellis was,every time we played England he was one of the best if not the best forward on the field

I watched Ellis when he first started out as a young bloke at Wakefield, before he moved to Leeds. I remember saying to another Tiger mate of mine about him and how I would love the Tigers to get him. A couple of years later the same mate said to me, 'That bloke you talked about from England - was his name Ellis?.........I nearly jumped off the couch.

@enmore_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417493) said:

I don’t know about that. Prince, Hodgo, Payten, Richards, Benji, Fatts, Ellis etc not a bad list. Sheens didn’t do a bad job recruitment wise he focused more on youth/juniors.

So we developed them

@cctw said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417441) said:
The bulldogs have offered more money than the Tigers, but its not by much. Tevita would also get less at the Tigers annually as some would be paid forward this year.

I still have not heard any news in regards to a decision.

I read somewhere that TPJ looks after his entire family, so I guess if he does move then money will be a primary motivation as would moving to a club which is recruiting well like the Dogs imo.

Hodgo was.
Fatts was a kiwi international and premiership center who had clubs after him
Benji was the hottest kid on the block by a mile which we beat everyone for his services
Ellis was one of the premier English forwards at the time.

Sure we had others as well was a long time back.

He also did something no one else had done, keep most of our juniors.

Sheens is like Bennett in that regard. Gus is different and don’t get me wrong he is brilliant at what he does but to underbake Sheens isn’t right.

@rustycage said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417492) said:
@cochise said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417490) said:
@rustycage said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417485) said:
@cochise said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417482) said:

Hodgo was a State of Origin player?

Sure, and whilst I loved him playing for us, at the time I wouldn't say his signing was a massive one like a Latrell or TPJ or similar.

He was 100% an elite player at the Eels

hmm...I don't remember him being that highly regarded at the time. That's not to take away for how brilliant he was for us.

He had played for NSW before he signed with the Tigers.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that we're going to announce the signing of Tevita after the broncos game and bring him back to Sydney with the team when they return after their stint up north.
:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Can anyone break this wall down?
https://www.couriermail.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CMWEB_MRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fnrl-2021-michael-maguire-admits-rebuilding-plan-could-kill-him-off-as-wests-tigers-coach%2Fnews-story%2Faa2a93ced3c457a2fd741bf182fd2a25&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

@twentyforty said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417524) said:
https://www.couriermail.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=CMWEB_MRE170_a&dest=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.couriermail.com.au%2Fsport%2Fnrl%2Fnrl-2021-michael-maguire-admits-rebuilding-plan-could-kill-him-off-as-wests-tigers-coach%2Fnews-story%2Faa2a93ced3c457a2fd741bf182fd2a25&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium

Paywall

@twentyforty said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417524) said:

Pretty sure its on the last page. 210

@cairnstigers said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417506) said:

So we developed them

Correct, at that time we were closest to "Bellamy" style team forming.

Blair is another. Was rated the best forward in the world when we signed him.

Tuqiri is another.

@weststigerman said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417533) said:

Tuqiri is another.

Tuqiri lives in Balmain - it was convenience for him, we played more regularly at Leichhardt Oval back then. Stephen Humphrey flew to the UK to get his signature.

@tonytiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417546) said:
@weststigerman said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417533) said:

Tuqiri is another.

Tuqiri lives in Balmain - it was convenience for him, we played more regularly at Leichhardt Oval back then. Stephen Humphrey flew to the UK to get his signature.

No we didn't?

Ohhhhhhhhh this is what it has come to now. Sheens didn't have a full cap to spend. I have heard nonsense but that takes the cake.

@mighty_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417511) said:

Hodgo was.
Fatts was a kiwi international and premiership center who had clubs after him
Benji was the hottest kid on the block by a mile which we beat everyone for his services
Ellis was one of the premier English forwards at the time.

Sure we had others as well was a long time back.

He also did something no one else had done, keep most of our juniors.

Sheens is like Bennett in that regard. Gus is different and don’t get me wrong he is brilliant at what he does but to underbake Sheens isn’t right.

Sheens did well, he had a legendary career as a coach and did well with the club given our predicament. But he's been out of Australia for close to 10 years and now apparently hes a better signing than Gould. Alright.

@rihannafan1 said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1417554) said:

Ohhhhhhhhh this is what it has come to now. Sheens didn't have a full cap to spend. I have heard nonsense but that takes the cake.

We didn't spend our full cap in 2005, and Tim Sheens had to paint the gym

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in-need-of-a-shout-but-not-for-a-spirit-20050928-gdm59u.html

Back