Pangai Junior

@hammertime said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422911) said:
That's twice now the dogs have gotten the better of us in negotiations. They seem to come in late and land the signature.

I honestly think we need a shake up at CEO level. Something needs to change.

Agreed, I get a sick feeling for what the future holds when we blatantly dumb .. might as well communicate our recruitment intentions on a billboard for all clubs to see ... by Pascoe’s own admission (in Tales From Tiger Town) he never gets stressed regardless of how bad things get — I’d prefer someone that can stress, it normally involves a response to the issue.

Okay we didn't get TPJ, shite happens, on the plus side just sit back and watch the dogs implode cause they have ruined their cap, I honestly don't know how they will have enough money for a 30 man squad, let alone have the depth to be competitive once they get one or two injuries. My late dad, a man of incredible football nous always used to say to win a first grade premiership, you need a good reserve grade side.

@voice_of_reason said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422949) said:
@adelaidetiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422770) said:
Lomax can flat out play, would have been an origin centre this year if he wasn't injured.

Lomax is good and I'd be happy to have him but zero chance he would have played Origin.

Mitchell and Turbo are streets ahead of him - he's not in the same postcode.

Agree, he's not going to unseat either of those two now. But going into game one Neither of those were playing centre, a centre/wing spot was very much open and Lomax was in the frame. He's origin calibre is my point.

@happy_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422121) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422089) said:
@jirskyr said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422043) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422034) said:
@jirskyr said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422030) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422014) said:
@jirskyr said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422005) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422000) said:
@jirskyr said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1421997) said:
@jedi_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1421974) said:
@jirskyr said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1421964) said:
@celtic_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1421895) said:
@mike said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1421841) said:
@celtic_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1421829) said:
Regardless of anything else TPJ is a player we identified as one we wanted, publicly courted him and ultimately missed out on to the wooden spooners.

It’s another embarrassment for the club to go on top of a growing pile of them.

I don’t think it is an embarrassment at all. We put a value on TPJ of what he was worth to the club and that’s what we offered. Another club thought he was worth more and made their offer and so he went there instead.

I for one am glad we are no longer paying overs just to get someone. Instead we place a value on their worth to the club and that’s what we offer. The player either accepts that offer or goes elsewhere. I am very happy with that process.

You missed the part where we publicly pulled out of the race to sign him and then later made contact again with his agent to renew our interest only to have him turn us down flat for the wooden spooners offering the same money.

If you don’t think thats embarrassing for the club then we’ll agree to differ.

For me shambolic doesn’t even cover it.

Don't actually know any of that to be true. Too many folks listen to the papers like gospel.

Lee at one point said something along the lines of "move in another direction". Didn't say anything unequivocal about ceasing all negotiations or re-starting. That was paper talk only.

I welcome anyone to produce a direct quote from the that confirms anything else about negotiations with TPJ.

i can't post the interview from the SEN website
The SEN interview with Andrew Voss on 7 July he mentions
there were discussions with respect to provisions of a contract.

“But there was no formal offer put on the table.”

So we "moved in another direction" and "no formal offer was put on the table". Is that the sum total of public Tigers commentary about TPJ?

so we moved in another direction then a week later we make him another offer, we look like amateur hour

No no no... where is the confirmation from the club that we made him another offer? I am being told this was all apparently played out in public, I want the combined might of the WT Forum to post everything the Tigers said on record about the TPJ discussions.

ok mate you believe we didn't make an offer then
just like we didn't make an offer to Latrell or JAC

I'll take that as confirmation that you don't have further quotes from Tigers.

listen to the interview then comment
I'll take it by your comment you have no idea

Here are the quotes:
>“There were discussions between the club Tevita’s representatives,” the Chairman said.
>
>“There was no formal offer.
>
>“But there were discussions with respect to provisions of a contract.
>
>“But there was no formal offer put on the table.”
>
>“The club, as it does with all potential opportunities on the market, considered Tevita and decided to move in a different direction.

The whole point of the discussion is people getting embarrassed by reports that Tigers abandoned negotiations, then were drawn back in to make counter-offers. I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone at the club.

You jump in to say that Lee said something, I've now gone the trouble of pulling the quotes, and all he says is they spoke to the manager. Doesn't explain why Tigers "moved on". In fact he says, verbatim, they did not make a formal offer.

That's the only thing I am aware of Tigers making public about the negotiations with Tevita Pangai.

so the three wise men flew to Brisbane for nothing then a few weeks back

Should have sent the 3 monkeys ......

Like we can afford 3 monkeys ?

@pj said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422990) said:
Regardless of anything else TPJ is a player we identified as one we wanted, publicly courted him and ultimately missed out on to the wooden spooners.

I don’t think it is an embarrassment at all. We put a value on TPJ of what he was worth to the club and that’s what we offered. Another club thought he was worth more and made their offer and so he went there instead.

I for one am glad we are no longer paying overs just to get someone. Instead we place a value on their worth to the club and that’s what we offer. The player either accepts that offer or goes elsewhere. I am very happy with that process.

You missed the part where we publicly pulled out of the race to sign him and then later made contact again with his agent to renew our interest only to have him turn us down flat for the wooden spooners offering the same money.

Don't actually know any of that to be true. Too many folks listen to the papers like gospel.

Lee at one point said something along the lines of "move in another direction". Didn't say anything unequivocal about ceasing all negotiations or re-starting. That was paper talk only.

I welcome anyone to produce a direct quote from the that confirms anything else about negotiations with TPJ.

So we "moved in another direction" and "no formal offer was put on the table". Is that the sum total of public Tigers commentary about TPJ?

so we moved in another direction then a week later we make him another offer, we look like amateur hour

No no no... where is the confirmation from the club that we made him another offer? I am being told this was all apparently played out in public, I want the combined might of the WT Forum to post everything the Tigers said on record about the TPJ discussions.

Here are the quotes:
>“There were discussions between the club Tevita’s representatives,” the Chairman said.
>
>
>
>
>“The club, as it does with all potential opportunities on the market, considered Tevita and decided to move in a different direction.

The whole point of the discussion is people getting embarrassed by reports that Tigers abandoned negotiations, then were drawn back in to make counter-offers. I haven't seen this confirmed by anyone at the club.

You jump in to say that Lee said something, I've now gone the trouble of pulling the quotes, and all he says is they spoke to the manager. Doesn't explain why Tigers "moved on". In fact he says, verbatim, they did not make a formal offer.

That's the only thing I am aware of Tigers making public about the negotiations with Tevita Pangai.

I meant the hear no evil ...see no evil ...speak no evil monkeys

Just saw an interesting stat around TPJ. Hasn't scored a Dally M point since 2018. No origin, no winning, no Dally M points - his manager has done an amazing job to get 750k per season.

@weststigerman said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423046) said:
Just saw an interesting stat around TPJ. Hasn't scored a Dally M point since 2018. No origin, no winning, no Dally M points - **his manager has done an amazing job to get 750k per season.**

Bingo.

Let's be realistic - this is all about the cash, and I can't blame him for that. Bloke probably has 6 seasons of first grade left, wouldn't you guys be going for absolute max dollars over a window that small? Could be talking 600K difference at the end of things.

Just saw an interesting stat around TPJ. Hasn't scored a Dally M point since 2018. No origin, no winning, no Dally M points - his manager has done an amazing job to get 750k per season.

I didn’t go back that far but Finucane has only scored 2 points since 2020 and half the forum is absolutely frothing over him. I don’t think dally m points mean anything really.

@avocadoontoast said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423050) said:

I didn’t go back that far but Finucane has only scored 2 points since 2020 and half the forum is absolutely frothing over him. I don’t think dally m points mean anything really.

In all fairness, is a lock really going to outscore Grant, Hughes, Munster, Pappy, Smith, C. Smith, Vunivalu or JAC? They are always going to poll ahead of him.

Hard for a bloke like Finucane to pick up points in a team like Melb tbh. That many guns in the team who consistently produce each week. Saying that I'm still a little surprised. The Dally M voting system is completely flawed as well. I've seen matches where the losing team had all 3 votes.

@elderslie_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422781) said:
@needaname said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422777) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422667) said:
“The club remains active in that space.”

We were told a while back that Tevita was a club target as he was identified as a player with particular attributes that Hartigan was looking for to boost the side. This mentions Madge is also of this same understanding.

Surely these are the only two people that need full autonomy of the negotiating process?

Who else (club wise) is there in this negotiation table angling the other two to look in another direction?

He believed the BS the dogs told him we are team on the way up yadda yadda Gus won't white ant me ?????? and I can really coach??????

No one ever accused him of being real smart.

@cultured_bogan said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423053) said:

In all fairness, is a lock really going to outscore Grant, Hughes, Munster, Pappy, Smith, C. Smith, Vunivalu or JAC? They are always going to poll ahead of him.

That’s my point. The dally m system is rubbish.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422907) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422778) said:
@adelaidetiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422770) said:
@demps said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422685) said:
@thedaboss said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422468) said:
Exciting times as a tigers supporter lmao

Who is next

Zac Lomax
Hudson Young
Joe Tapine

???

✅✅✅
Lomax can flat out play, would have been an origin centre this year if he wasn't injured.
I thought we should have targeted young right after the raiders got CHN.
Tapine would slot straight into our backrow and offers some real play making ability.

Lomax would be a great acquisition of us, I really like Tapine but againts the Sharks he had a bad arm grab on Ramien and was really lazy ib cover defence when Mulitalo scored.

Sounds like the perfect signing he will fit right in ?

In all seriousness though I like Tapine and think he would add to the team but he would just be another young bloke to add to the pack.

Lomax is miles ahead of our centres.

Trouble with Tapine is that his Mrs is part of the package.

@facepalmer dropped some good knowledge last night.

Dropping huge coin on players like this is a risk.
We should be developing Blore to be our home made TPJ but better.

We've been producing talent for years for other clubs. Time to look after our own backyard.

@pj said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422990) said:

Here are the quotes:
>
>
>
>

Just need to be wise monkeys.

@hank37w said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423058) said:
@elderslie_tiger said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422781) said:
@needaname said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422777) said:
@avocadoontoast said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1422667) said:
“The club remains active in that space.”

We were told a while back that Tevita was a club target as he was identified as a player with particular attributes that Hartigan was looking for to boost the side. This mentions Madge is also of this same understanding.

Surely these are the only two people that need full autonomy of the negotiating process?

Who else (club wise) is there in this negotiation table angling the other two to look in another direction?

He believed the BS the dogs told him we are team on the way up yadda yadda Gus won't white ant me ?????? and I can really coach??????

No one ever accused him of being real smart.

Choppy Close was on breakfast radio this morning. (The local golden oldies station breakfast crew).
They mentioned that it would've been an attraction that Gould was at the club.
Choppy went off. Said "Not to me it wouldn't be. The bloke has no idea what loyalty is".

@avocadoontoast said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423059) said:

The worrying thing is who is outscoring TPJ at the Broncos? Payne Haas is the only one I can think of.

Exactly right. The Broncos don't have the same competition. The fact that Finucane outscored most of those above even once is amazing for a forward.

@weststigerman said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423089) said:

The worrying thing is who is outscoring TPJ at the Broncos? Payne Haas is the only one I can think of.

You generally don't score points in the Dally M when your team loses constantly...

@geo said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423107) said:
@weststigerman said in [Pangai Junior](/post/1423089) said:

You generally don't score points in the Dally M when your team loses constantly...

They made the top 8 in 2019. Even LL has 2 points from this year and we're losing constantly.

Back