Papenhuyzen to Melbourne

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
I don't support poor decisions and this is a very poor decision. Tedesco is one knee injury away from being finished and we should have a succession plan in place. Apparently management do not agree.

You have absolutely no idea how much money was involved in the deal and yet you're prepared to label this a "very poor decision" by management. You're just a management hating muppet.

Bellamy is a highly successful coach with an eye for talent. If a large offer has been made he has a good reason for making it. Apparently our mob have difficulty understanding this, but when the club is overflowing with quality outside backs such as Rankin, Hunt and Kev N some may be more forgiving,

This is very disappointing to lose such a promising junior. You hit the nail on the head as we are very light on outside backs. We have so much money wasted in rankin, kev, hunt and these guys are just not first grade material. Being a youngster he doesnt have to play fullback, he can be started on the wing and transitioned into fullback in fhe future. We really need another centre and a speedy winger. We had one but the storm took him aswell.

Transitioned into fullback in the future? If the club has it their way Tedesco will be our fullback for the next 7 or 8 seasons. Bit early to be to grooming a replacement don't you think?

The choice Teddy or Ryan, not much of a choice if you ask me.
This forum would have gone into meltdown if the club announced "we released Teddy to keep Ryan".
Maybe Paws would be happy with that!!!!

@ said:
This forum would have gone into meltdown if the club announced "we released Teddy to keep Ryan".

Keep reminding yourself of that the next time the Storm come calling because they know we are the development club for them.

@ said:
@ said:

Keep reminding yourself of that the next time the Storm come calling because they know we are the development club for them.

Sounds like you would prefer to lose Teddy to keep Ryan. :brick:

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

If you put time and effort into developing an outstanding junior, retain him.

@ said:
I don't support poor decisions and this is a very poor decision. Tedesco is one knee injury away from being finished and we should have a succession plan in place. Apparently management do not agree.

Thank God management don't agree with you. You had Kurtis Rowe as the next big thing. In fact you have anyone who plays in Tedesco's position as the next big thing.
It's a great decision by strong management and you don't have to worry about Tedesco who you continually abuse and belittle.
Don't worry your little head about it Mrs Rowe and stop putting Tedesco down. Do you actually even support the Tigers ?

@ said:
@ said:

Thank God management don't agree with you. You had Kurtis Rowe as the next big thing. In fact you have anyone who plays in Tedesco's position as the next big thing.
It's a great decision by strong management and you don't have to worry about Tedesco who you continually abuse and belittle.
Don't worry your little head about it Mrs Rowe and stop putting Tedesco down. Do you actually even support the Tigers ?

Succession planning is a part of business, In fact it is good business and can you honestly admit that when Tedesco goes down, you don't worry? I 've heard commentators express their concerns when this happens. Not ill will but reality.

Ryan seems a couple of seasons away yet anyhow, both in experience and build.

The BS is that we don't get anything in return, despite having developed him. I'm curious to know what 6 other clubs were after him and if they offered more money. Bellamy's standing in the game is such that I think a lot of players want to play for him, even for a little less coin, just because they know it'll be a good experience

Doesn't matter about the financials,obviously management know what they are doing…As for Ryan,we should be proud that he has come through our ranks and has been noticed by one of the outstanding NRL clubs ...I wish him all the best in his future endevours,its a short career in the NRL and he should make the best decisions for himself...

Like Ryan but what do you do, I think they thought they needed Suli more & i probably agree.

@ said:

What would you have done?
How much per year?
Position?
Years?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

You have absolutely no idea how much money was involved in the deal and yet you're prepared to label this a "very poor decision" by management. You're just a management hating muppet.

Bellamy is a highly successful coach with an eye for talent. If a large offer has been made he has a good reason for making it. Apparently our mob have difficulty understanding this, but when the club is overflowing with quality outside backs such as Rankin, Hunt and Kev N some may be more forgiving,

None of those players are signed for next year….

Ryan isn't a center - comparing him to Kev is pointless

Hunt/Rankin are on chump change, Suli is on more than them.... For a good fullback you will be paying well over 400k.

Given Teddy, Nofo and Suli - why pay 400k for someone as depth?

@ said:
@ said:

What would you have done?
How much per year?
Position?
Years?

I've already made my thoughts on this known. Let's have management advise what steps are being taken now to recruit outstanding junior fullback talent from other clubs. Perhaps Kelly Egan can tell us what he is exactly doing at our club.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Hunt/Rankin are on chump change, Suli is on more than them.... For a good fullback you will be paying well over 400k.

Are you advising that other clubs are prepared to offer him $400k?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

If you put time and effort into developing an outstanding junior, retain him.

We are his name is James Tedesco….Camden Valley Rams...

Can remember similar threads when Seve & Funaki left for the Broncos .

Probably the same people wailing about it too …

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Are you advising that other clubs are prepared to offer him $400k?

They would have had to pay somewhere in the vicinity of $400k, we paid that sort of money for Suli and he came out of nowhere.
Ryan has been on everyone's radar for the last 3 years.
I would much prefer to see that money spend re-signing our proven NRL stars the big 4 plus Nofa etc.

Back