Pascoe sanctioned by the NRL

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
News this morning (Nine.com) that NRL want sharks to relocate.
There is an agenda!
I am starting to believe that Pascoe was deregistered because he was making us a financial success thus sustainable for the future. NRL don’t want that.

I’m sure you have evidence of this to make such ridiculous claims.

It’s called an opinion. Here’s another example of an opinion: I think your constant ridiculing of other forum members posts is pathetic.

Outlandish opinions usually get more traction when backed with evidence. Claiming that Greenburg and the NRL don't want our club to be successful is a ridiculous assertion.

That’s your opinion. I believe what I’ve said. We are constantly up against it on and off the field. What’s happening at Cronulla now is evidence enough of the NRL manipulating the success of clubs. Brisbane’s draw, their cap issues and how they were dealt with - two examples of blatant favouritism.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!
I am starting to believe that Pascoe was deregistered because he was making us a financial success thus sustainable for the future. NRL don’t want that.

It’s called an opinion. Here’s another example of an opinion: I think your constant ridiculing of other forum members posts is pathetic.

Spot on. There are know-all's in all walks of life i guess. It's an honour to have a resident one.

Does anyone know if we were under the cap the last couple of years -since 2016 to be able to have included the Full value of the Farah ambassador role in the cap?
I’m think If we were in 2016 we would have used that opportunity to frontload some contracts for the following year.
We did play 2017 with 1 million less with the payouts to Farah and Sironen so I guess we didn’t have room that year.
What about last year?

@ said:
Does anyone know if we were under the cap the last couple of years -since 2016 to be able to have included the Full value of the Farah ambassador role in the cap?
I’m think If we were in 2016 we would have used that opportunity to frontload some contracts for the following year.
We did play 2017 with 1 million less with the payouts to Farah and Sironen so I guess we didn’t have room that year.
What about last year?

I think we should have had some space in 2018 to front load some, but that's only a guess.

@ said:
@ said:
What about last year?

I think we should have had some space in 2018 to front load some, but that's only a guess.

Even still it seems ridiculous to include it before the fact.
For us to have to include it this year, there needs to be a guarantee that Farah takes on the role.
The cap punishments to Parramatta and Manly were purely about promised payments that weren’t able to be obtained as approved third party deals, that’s why they had to be included into the cap. Kieren Forans deal wax one I believe.
Now this isn’t a third party deal that hasn’t been approved, this is an offer of employment that hasn’t been accepted to this point. In typing this I have realised that the nrl have not actually base our punishment on any prerequisite event that has occurred before.
I know their spin of any future club deal needs to be discussed with the cap auditor and included in the cap as had the Minichillo or Thurston deals. And makes sense when the transfer of any payment has occurred.
If and when Farah takes the deal, that year it should be included. To force us to include it into this years cap if we don’t actually end up having to pay Farah any further money if he doesn’t accept the deal just seems a complete joke.

Todd Greenburg has announced via twitter (and NRL.com) that he's finishing for the year, holidays presumably.

So they drop a bombshell then turn away. Could these lowlifes be any worse?

@ said:
Todd Greenburg has announced via twitter (and NRL.com) that he's finishing for the year, holidays presumably.

Prehaps a bit of R&R will give him a change of heart, and he will come back better than ever :brick:

@ said:

I wonder whether whether Greenburg will enjoy his holiday. I have strong doubts whether Pascoe will.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
What about last year?

Even still it seems ridiculous to include it before the fact.
**For us to have to include it this year, there needs to be a guarantee that Farah takes on the role.**
The cap punishments to Parramatta and Manly were purely about promised payments that weren’t able to be obtained as approved third party deals, that’s why they had to be included into the cap. Kieren Forans deal wax one I believe.
Now this isn’t a third party deal that hasn’t been approved, this is an offer of employment that hasn’t been accepted to this point. In typing this I have realised that the nrl have not actually base our punishment on any prerequisite event that has occurred before.
I know their spin of any future club deal needs to be discussed with the cap auditor and included in the cap as had the Minichillo or Thurston deals. And makes sense when the transfer of any payment has occurred.
If and when Farah takes the deal, that year it should be included. To force us to include it into this years cap if we don’t actually end up having to pay Farah any further money if he doesn’t accept the deal just seems a complete joke.

NRL has already said the penalty and cap punishment will stand whether he takes up the offer or not. I would think they wouldn't have a leg to stand on if they tried a stunt like that. Farah should formally decline the offer in writing and see where it ends up. Once his football contract is finished Wests can offer him any job they like legally.

Wests Tigers’ CEO debacle shows NRL salary cap needs cleaning up

PAUL CRAWLEY, The Daily Telegraph
December 21, 2018 11:23am
\
\
No wonder rugby league fans are fed up.

Wests Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe is fighting to save his job and his reputation.

His club has been fined $750,000 and had a further $639,000 deducted from next year’s salary cap.

All because the Tigers didn’t disclose a post-retirement ambassadorial role that was offered to Robbie Farah.

Yet it was OK for Melbourne to walk through the NRL’s front door so Cameron Smith could have a testimonial match with all the bells and whistles, a full three seasons before Smith retires.

Smith is currently negotiating a new contract with the Storm, to play until the end of 2020, and these negotiations are a full season after his testimonial game with Johnathan Thurston.
\
\
Some people will say that comparing these two is like judging apples with oranges.

But in the most simple of terms, what separates them, from the NRL’s perspective is that one was declared, scrutinised and passed a stringent series of criteria for eligibility and the other wasn’t.

The Tigers insist the only reason they didn’t declare Farah’s deal was because they didn’t know they had to declare it.
\
\
The NRL take an entirely different view, that the Tigers attempted to deceive the governing body to gain a competitive salary cap advantage.

Several other NRL clubs have had ambassadorial roles for players approved because they disclosed them to the league.

We will wait and see if Pascoe can defend his side of the story.

But the Tigers, as a club, have vowed they are going to back their boss, and take up this fight.

It should be a beauty, because at the heart of all this is the salary cap’s credibility.
\
\
\
A system Todd Greenberg maintained this week was “very simple and easy to understand”.

In actual fact, the salary cap book was originally 250 pages when published but has since had many more amendments.

Some clubs claim the salary cap rules are not as “simple” as Greenberg and integrity unit chief, Nick Weeks, make out.

It was only last week Weeks sat in a room with journalists, after revealing the entire list of third party payments at all NRL clubs and conceded that there were still some clubs out there who didn’t understand the salary cap rules.

Still clubs know if they’re unsure over a salary cap issue one phone call to the NRL will clear up and doubts.
\
\
Coincidently, that list of third-party incomes made many in the game choke with laughter.

But if the league really wants to win back credibility as far as the salary cap is concerned it’ll need to do more than hit a club like the Tigers with a sledgehammer.

Because faith in the current system is at an lowest.

It is time the rules were put in place that left absolutely no room for any misinterpretation or ignorance.

All payments should be transparent.

All payments.

Publish individual salaries.

Publish individual third party deals.

And the money Smith and Thurston raked in for their testimonial.
\
\
The game can’t afford to keep rolling from one salary cap disaster to the next, year after year.

It is vital to stamp out the cheats.

The integrity of the competition depends on the salary cap.

But since 2015 we have had six different clubs issued with salary cap breach notices and probably only Parramatta was a clear-cut case of blatant cheating.

Earlier this year Manly owner Scott Penn, like the Tigers now, was adamant his club was only guilty of a misunderstanding.

Clarity will clear all the confusion.

Because what we have right now is a system that seems as convoluted as it is inconsistent.

Wow, reading that makes me hate this guy even more. We should definitely go through the courts and fight the NRL and TG there.

@ said:
@ said:

Prehaps a bit of R&R will give him a change of heart, and he will come back better than ever :brick:

Is he flying Malaysian airlines?

@ said:
@ said:

Hope he scoffs a few off prawns on Xmas day. Germ of a person.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Won't happen unfortunately. Jews don't eat shellfish. Prawns are not Kosher.
https://www.jccmb.com/templates/articlecco_cdo/aid/1339532/jewish/Shrimp.htm

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

He may not be religious

Not often I agree with him but in this instance I'd love for it to happen.
https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield/status/1076445860186095617?s=19

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

He may not be religious

Oh he is.
SBS Hebrew hero. "The Jewish CEO of the NRL"
https://www.facebook.com/SBSHebrew/posts/mazal-todd-todd-greenberg-the-jewish-ceo-of-nrlthe-good-news-cover-page-of-the-a/970291326412373/

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

He may not be religious

Oh he is.
SBS Hebrew hero. "The Jewish CEO of the NRL"
https://www.facebook.com/SBSHebrew/posts/mazal-todd-todd-greenberg-the-jewish-ceo-of-nrlthe-good-news-cover-page-of-the-a/970291326412373/

I stand corrected.that just shows yet again that all religions have a few morons in them.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
There is an agenda!

Outlandish opinions usually get more traction when backed with evidence. Claiming that Greenburg and the NRL don't want our club to be successful is a ridiculous assertion.

Oh, it appears the NRL want them to be successful. It is just a lot of people believe they don't want them to be sucessful in Sydney.
A skeptical Peter Peters this morning aired the same outlandish opinion. That being, the hard man tactics on Cronulla and the Tigers are linked to relocation, and if he was framing a market, their preference in order would be Wests Tigers, Cronulla then Manly.

Latest posts

Back