Pascoe statement on times at hand - message from CEO

@ said:
Its just more froth and bubbles from the Wests Tigers… If Pascoe was a smart operator, he would know the most important thing right now is to get us 'out' of the media until we have something positive to sell.

Getting into a fight with James Hooper is stupid and makes us look more un-professional. Unlike most on here, I think its time to head to the bunker and sort our crap out!

I agree with this. The reality is the club has been led a merry dance by three amigos and their manager and deserve all the criticism that comes their way. The managemt of this issue could be best described as naive and at worst dreadfully incompetent. I agree with short statements to correct factual inaccuracies but until they start to make better management decisions they shouldn't be making statements defending themselves in the media.

What people also have to remember is we are keeping half of the sports 'journalists' in a job. Over a third of all league articles are about the Tigers. We have a massive fan base. Many of whom are gullible and will click and read every single article that's written about the Tigers. So they know if they jeep regurgitating, fabricating and exaggerating stories they'll keep their bosses happy by raising the company's metrics (readers, ad revenue etc). Hence the constant media circus about us.

Lots of clubs had a 'big 4' off contract but the reality is not enough people care about many clubs. They have their own core fanbase which in some cases is quite small, we have a fairly large membership as it is, and an ever bigger bandwagon fanbase.

Most CEO's don't have to release statements to members as their clubs aren't targeted in the media. We are. Pascoe did need to come out and get this club back on the front foot. Take charge and ownership of the situation, demonstrate strong leadership and show that he is in charge of this club. Not players, agents or gossip columnists.

For all our issues we threw away games we definitely should have won against the Eels and Storm and if we hadn't we'd actually be well in the 8\. A couple of thumpings aside we've been competitive and there are many other sides in far more trouble than us, such as the Panthers.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Rubbish yourself.

I am saying we are a target and we need to minimise the ways the media can target us. The perception of unprofessionalism is a big one. If Go was actually a fantastic chair then I would cop it but she is definitely replaceable. It is about being strategic.

I actually run a successful business so if you want to argue with me about talent acquisition strategy, pr and hr matters just be conscious that I am talking from a place of expertise to some degree.

Don't take it personally mate. I enjoy your contributions and generally agree with you. However, you are wrong here. Buzz hates us and has for over 10 years. He has a personal vendetta against Go. The club has tried over the years, particularly when Mayer was here to placate the old drunkard, but to no avail. But why would we give the guy anything? He is irrelevant.

Great to hear you run a successful business. With respect, I don't think that puts you in a place of expertise regarding sports administration. Admittedly, the best policy for most organisation is to lie low and not feed the press. Rugby league is slightly difference because unless you give the press something, they will just make it up, as we have seen.

I know he would, and most would. But you minimise your weak points. Go is one. The media is being used as a weapon against us. Go is replaceable. If she wasn't, I would stand firm.

Look at the Cleary hire. He is so respected that nobody has said a bad word. Taylor used to cop plenty. Our perception in the media influences everything. New talent acquisition and fans. Membership. Ratings.

Having business experience gives me more expertise than someone with none.

A couple of weeks back Rothfield rated the NRL club CEOs top to bottom and had Pascoe last. Asked why, he gave a list of reasons that was basically some names - at least half of which were of people Pascoe had nothing to do with. One was Mayer, FFS - as in Pascoe is a bad CEO because his predecessor was a bad CEO!

What I'm saying is: Rothfield isn't going to leave the Tigers alone even if they pander to his misogyny. Sadly his corruption wasn't enough to see him bulleted last year so we may have to wait for his liver to do the job for us.

You guys are right. Stuff him.

@ said:
What people also have to remember is we are keeping half of the sports 'journalists' in a job. Over a third of all league articles are about the Tigers. We have a massive fan base. Many of whom are gullible and will click and read every single article that's written about the Tigers. So they know if they jeep regurgitating, fabricating and exaggerating stories they'll keep their bosses happy by raising the company's metrics (readers, ad revenue etc). Hence the constant media circus about us.

**Lots of clubs had a 'big 4' off contract but the reality is not enough people care about many clubs**. They have their own core fanbase which in some cases is quite small, we have a fairly large membership as it is, and an ever bigger bandwagon fanbase.

Most CEO's don't have to release statements to members as their clubs aren't targeted in the media. We are. Pascoe did need to come out and get this club back on the front foot. Take charge and ownership of the situation, demonstrate strong leadership and show that he is in charge of this club. Not players, agents or gossip columnists.

For all our issues we threw away games we definitely should have won against the Eels and Storm and if we hadn't we'd actually be well in the 8\. A couple of thumpings aside we've been competitive and there are many other sides in far more trouble than us, such as the Panthers.

If Zero tackle is correct then the Broncos have Adam Blair, Darius Boyd, Alex Glenn, Jordan Kahu, Anthony Milford and James Roberts (among others) off contract at the end of this year. Has anyone heard from the media how bad the Broncos administration is?

@ said:

Lots of clubs had a 'big 4' off contract but the reality is not enough people care about many clubs. They have their own core fanbase which in some cases is quite small, we have a fairly large membership as it is, and an ever bigger bandwagon fanbase.

Yes - I agree and as fan base we have been reactive to unsubstantiated rumours and lies all to give us some level of validation for our lack of success.
Its a pattern that can only be broken by winning - so until that happens I expect the the hits will keep coming and the club will determine when and what to respond to.

@ said:
If Zero tackle is correct then the Broncos have Adam Blair, Darius Boyd, Alex Glenn, Jordan Kahu, Anthony Milford and James Roberts (among others) off contract at the end of this year. Has anyone heard from the media how bad the Broncos administration is?

Not ideal but sometimes its unavoidable to have several stars off contract at once,however with us it was just poor naive Administration,Tedesco's re-signing was amateur hour with Robbie as the go-between,you can't blame him for wanting to get out this time around.

@ said:
Its a pattern that can only be broken by winning - so until that happens I expect the the hits will keep coming and the club will determine when and what to respond to.

In your dreams lol - back in 78 West won the minor premiership. Came second in the club championship went with in a try of a grand final appearance

And we were still a club in crisis :astonished:

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back